Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Informer] Alex's Analysis - Perky Quirks
PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 3:04 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
So... how are y'all doing? Have a great DXP weekend? Went for level 99 invention. I accidentally skipped it and got level 100, though. One of the more embarrassing of my level 99 parties. I'm really terrible at those. Whoops.

Got my max cape anyways. Just in time for it to get a pretty sweet update, along with the rest of the achievement capes.

As part of the game jam during the double-exp weekend, many of the Jagex developers and designers worked on their own individual projects. This was to help the players celebrate and give them something to stream while folks stayed up for 32 hours straight for gains (you know who you are). Think of it like a mass ninja team binge fest, except they also took player's feedback into immediate consideration (at least, they stuff they could manage to read on Twitch).

One said update, which made it in quite quickly, was to outfit each of the level 99 capes with a skill perk to make the capes themselves a must-have for those looking to continue their training to the master cape. They were not meant to be game-changing, or to give them a huge unfair advantage in-game. Since they are meant for those who wish to continue training their skill en masse, many of the perks may seem a little underwhelming to look at.

However, some are actually pretty crazy-useful. The Defence cape, the Dungeoneering cape, and the Runecrafting cape especially. Makes it difficult to think about which one to wear. Of course, should you get a max cape (and above), you can set three of their perks directly onto that. Three-in-one! Better get to choosing, eh? Unfortunately, to add perks to your max cape, you have to literally feed the other skillcapes into it. So choose carefully, or you'll be running around spending 99k a lot to get your capes back.

Hey, you're here, and you like reading. Let's go through them all and see which ones you like the most!

• Attack: Gives a chance for degradable items not to degrade. Which I don't quite get. I thought they were mostly time-based. Does it save them by the second?
  • Strength: Dismember lasts 2 more seconds. Good enough for an extra 1-2 hits. If only it was Berserk instead...
  • Defence: A permanent sign of life that uses the same cooldown. Good for fighting bosses with expensive gear.
  • Ranged: An Ava's device with much more decent stats. Sorry, Starfury cape, you've been replaced.
  • Prayer: You don't have to light burners to get the max experience when offering bones in a POH. Down goes Marrentill prices again.
  • Magic: Activate to swap spellbooks in a bank. Now why didn't the prayer cape get this too?
  • Runecrafting: Activate to reveal the required rune for the Rune Goldberg Machine. A must-have for Vis wax collectors.
  • Construction: Reduces the cost of creating planks. Couple that with a portable sawmill, and you could probably even make an earning this way. Hope this doesn't hurt the economy...
  • Constitution: Doubles life-point regeneration. Like the prayer and the onyx bracelet. I believe it stacks with them both as well.
  • Agility: Gives a chance of double tickets from the Brimhaven Agility Arena. Stacks with the Karamja task set reward.
  • Herblore: Activate to instantly clean all herbs in your inventory for no XP. IMO, one of the slightly less useful ones unless you're a hardcore herb gatherer/farmer. Or you can also use it on notes. If so, probably not so useless after all.
  • Thieving: Lowers your stunned time when caught from 4.2 seconds to 3. Mind it's still not the Ardougne Cape, though...
  • Crafting: You no longer need thread to craft.
  • Fletching: Sometimes Fletching an unstrung bow creates a strung version.
  • Slayer: Free teleports to all slayer masters that you've met. Just in case you're too lazy to use slayer gems to get your next assignment.
  • Hunter: Activate to give your Herblore Habitat vine plant the effects of its hunter potion. So you can hunt more jadinkos. Would've appreciated a "set traps faster" perk, but that might've been a bit overpowered.
  • Mining: Invisible +2 to mining. That's necessary for those hard to reach level 101 ores when you just can't get your hands on a lava titan.
  • Smithing: Gives the same effect as the Goldsmithing Gauntlets. So you don't need them anymore. Now stop being a noob and make them into cooking gauntlets.
  • Fishing: Gives a chance to get a double catch. Experience included.
  • Cooking: Prevents food from being burned, like cooking gauntlets. So you don't need them anymore. Now stop being a noob and make them into Goldsmithing gauntlets.
  • Firemaking: Activate to light a fire on the spot you're standing on. Useful for bonfire training.
  • Invention: Slows the drain of invention charge. You'll probably want this for your next 21 levels.
  • Summoning: Gives a chance to save charms when infusing pouches. Like those material saving scrolls from Daemonheim.
  • Dungeoneering: Teleport to any available resource dungeon. That's over 20 teleports all throughout Runescape to some more obscure locations, from Braindeath Island to Dragontooth.
  • Farming: Gives a chance of instantly harvesting a patch. Saves a few seconds; good for farmers and Shanes alike.
  • Divination: Gives a chance of saving divination materials, like the dungeoneering material scrolls. Be sure to wear when you make divine charges.
  • Woodcutting: Provides an increased chance at finding bird's nests and crystal geodes, similar to rabbits foot necklace and skrimshaw.
  • Quest Points: Adds 30 seconds onto your Tears of Guthix time. Because we all want to be in there longer, don't we?

Pretty awesome update, right? I know what cape I'm going to always be wearing from now on...

My 15-year! Yay for nostalgia. Here's hoping it gets a perk set too eventually when people start complaining. ... just kidding. Keepsaked. Easy.

Until next time,

Cheers, cannoneers!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 3:04 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: [Informer] Alex's Analysis - Perky Quirks
PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 11:02 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i REALLy like this update.

fishing cape rocks for me, wish i had it during dxp.
Herblore cape, I still go to my kingdom, makes iding all those herbs a lot faster.
Quest cape, extra 30 means more xp for me training invention.
attack cape, would help with my dryores and armor not degrading.
I don't have a max cape... i don't know which 3 i would put in. Wish I could have 2 sets, 1 for combat and 1 for noncombat.

I really like this update, only problem... means i'll have to take my capes out of my Poh :(

Post subject: Re: [Informer] Alex's Analysis - Perky Quirks
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 5:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
I LOVE these perks. Atm the thv cape, inv and fish are in my max cape. I guess I don't mind rebuying capes and adding to the cape as i need them, ha ha ha.