Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Rate This Update
0 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
0 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
2 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
3 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
3 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
4 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
4 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
5 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
5 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 18
 Post subject: 22 May 2012 - Song from the Depths
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 1:29 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
Song from the Depths

The men of Rimmington are falling afoul of a sleeping curse and are not awakening; only mumbling fragments of a strange song as they dream. There’s another problem, too: the ruthless Raptor has taken it upon himself to resolve the crisis flail-first, and collateral damage isn’t high on his list of concerns. Lucille – wife to Waylan, one of the afflicted men – wants you to find the source of the mysterious malediction and bring her husband home, but beware: getting to the bottom of this might mean a deeper drop than you expected.

Song from the Depths is our latest fully voiced quest and – as the title suggests - features a beautiful, ethereal song, composed and recorded specially by our audio team. While it’s possible to play the quest without sound, following unearthly voices into the caves below adds fathoms to the experience. Along with this, the graphics team have gone to town on the arcane architecture that you’ll encounter as you venture into the caves beneath Rimmington. Be sure to take the time to absorb the glorious graphics and amazing audio for a truly immersive experience. It’s also non-instanced, so feel free to bring friends along for the ride.

Uncovering the secrets below and bringing Waylan back in one piece will earn you a unique crossbow, an amulet to teleport you to the Grotworm Lair (see below), and a damage reduction buff for the upcoming Queen Black Dragon boss fight.

How to start Song from the Depths:

Speak to Lucille in Rimmington.
Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member to play this quest.
There are no other requirements.

The Grotworm Lair

The White Knights have also noticed that strange things are afoot in Rimmington, and have dispatched a team to investigate the Grotworm Lair in the caves near the town. Their leader - Sir Rebrum - has decided that discretion is the better part of valour, though, and is more than happy for you to make some headway on your own. The lair has three levels, containing creatures of levels 11, 91 and 167 respectively. Fighting its slimy denizens is great combat training for players of all levels, and slayer masters will assign the creatures as targets. Drops from defeating these monsters include a cosmetic cape emblazoned with a dragon’s head sigil, and bespoke bolts for the crossbow from Song from the Depths.

Next week, we’ll be unleashing the Queen Black Dragon boss fight, which will mean the following changes to the Grotworm Lair:

The portal on the bottom floor will become accessible to those with at least 60 Summoning, and you’ll finally be able to face the Queen Black Dragon in her lair.
Monster drop tables will be expanded to include items related to the new, draconic armour mentioned in May’s Behind the Scenes.
With some help from Thurgo, you’ll be able to upgrade the crossbow from Song from the Depths into a truly fearsome weapon.

So, until next week, brush up on your combat skills and get dressed to kill, because you’re going to need every iota of courage, tenacity and tactical nous to survive the most roasting royal rumble in RuneScape history!

Mod Deiviz & Mod TLQ

In Other News

To go along with Song from the Depths, we’ve also completely overhauled the look of Rimmington. Be sure to take a look around!
The "King" and "Queen" titles are now on offer for the discounted price of 20,000 loyalty points. Click here to visit the Loyalty Programme.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 1:29 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 22 May 2012 - Song from the Depths
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2012, 4:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
What a great quest! The audio was just amazing, especially in the part where you enter the dream world. The QBD looks scary as hell lmao.....gonna be fun to fight. Just wondering, did anybody else have a huge drop in fps when the QBD was on the screen?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 1:32 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
The quest wasn't too bad for a short one. Great sound effects and music. The portion where you get swallowed by the Queen Black Dragon could have been a little better done though, (didn't feel like you were inside the beast, not "gross enough", lol). I like the addition of a new Slayer monster since Slayer is one of my favorite skills. The Mature Grotworm has awesome drops for being such an easy kill. In less than half an hour I came away with over 300k coins (between coin drops and high alchs of rune drops), 8 rune ore, a few decent herb seeds, and a few sets of sara brews and super restores. I don't think I will be bypassing them as a Slayer assignment.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 9:52 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
I thought it was a great quest. Short and to the point! I loved the voice and music.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2012, 7:36 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: Poison Nova
Clan Name: Dark Dreams
This is probably one of my favorite quests in the game. I enjoyed the audio and graphics. I would have preferred a longer quest, but it was still great. I hope Jagex makes this the new standard of Runescape quests.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 12:21 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
RS Status: Classic
Just finished it, really thought it was great for a short quest!

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 12:21 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 8:00 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Agree with everyone above basically. Was very good for a short quest, had a good time doing it. 4/5

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 2:26 am 
BANNED

RS Status: F2P
very good

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:51 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Guess I'm the only one who thought the quest sucked.

Hell! One Piercing Note is in my top 5 favorite quests. Maybe a top 3. Didn't like this one. Riddles in song.. really?
Valerio's Song was great, good enough to add to my ipod.

Got nothing about the Queen Dragon, not a bosser.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 9:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
Was okay, I like longer quests though

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 10:37 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Really doesn't affect me, right now and 99% of the time I avoid combat, might matter to me in a year at the least. =P For now... more skilling!

ImageImage