Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Which game for June 21?
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Team Fortress 2 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Halo: The Master Chief Collection 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 5
 Post subject: Re: PC Gaming - Revamped
PostPosted: November 25th, 2014, 8:22 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Status: Never Played
Earth wrote:
Pfkninenines wrote:
Hey guys,

Will very likely NOT be at the event tonight. It's supposed to snow decent here / where I'm going tomorrow, so Crystal and I are going to take off tonight when I get out of class at 8pm. It's a 4 hour drive, so if we do head out tonight as planned, I won't be there.

Have fun if you do go! Have a great Thanksgiving to those in the US.

Yep, I won't be there as well. The server is up - if you run into any trouble tell Alex/Apathy to text me and I'll do what I can.

Won't be there this week either- didn't bring pc up and I'm burned out on cs:go. Not being a crybaby, I legitimately am just tired of the game after so many hours of comp and dealing with the trashy GO community.

Please forward any issues to shane and he can get back to reid.

Leader of RA Smash Clan, member of Equinox Smash Crew.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 25th, 2014, 8:22 pm 
Bronze Member

PostPosted: November 25th, 2014, 8:58 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
And that's a record low turnout in the five years this event has been running! Surprising given the above-average vote count!

=D>

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 12:12 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Earth wrote:
And that's a record low turnout in the five years this event has been running! Surprising given the above-average vote count!

=D>

Pretty sure we've managed 0 before, did we get below that this week?

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 12:26 am 

Jasonmrc wrote:

If there's nobody there, then there isn't an event :wink:
Seven votes this week, five of which were for csgo, and only Mike, Shane, and Duke showed up.
Even if Paul and I had been able to be there, we are in charge of the event. Only one person showed up who didn't have some sort of tie to the running of the actual event.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 8:58 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Couldn't make it, I had other things to do :(

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 11:51 am 
Chat Moderator

Earth wrote:
Jasonmrc wrote:

If there's nobody there, then there isn't an event :wink:
Seven votes this week, five of which were for csgo, and only Mike, Shane, and Duke showed up.
Even if Paul and I had been able to be there, we are in charge of the event. Only one person showed up who didn't have some sort of tie to the running of the actual event.

Well seeing as how this was the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week it makes sense quite a few would be visiting or traveling to family and friends(Earth and PFK are examples of this). I wouldn't be surprised if next week is low/non-existent either.
It's not the end of the world, you'll live ;)

P.S. The literalist in me wants to point out that the poll is for 'What game would you like to play next week?', not 'Will you be playing next Tuesday?' People vote for what they'd like to play, should they be available.
Considering the poll is held the week leading up to the event and not an hour before, it's not surprising that some things prevent even those who had planned on coming.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 11:51 am 
Chat Moderator

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 5:02 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
I don't think we've had a 0 turnout PC Gaming before. The only ones I've missed have been when I was away (all of which Paul was there) or it was an election night, in that case I was on Mumble.

Anyways, I've asked Paul and Earth to have a look at what we can do about voting. Whether that be changing the way the polls are worded, moving the vote window up, or something else. We'll see what happens in the following weeks.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2014, 9:13 pm 
Bronze Member

>5 people vote

>3 people show up

That's an issue in itself. This should be a positive thing for this community. It's detrimental to just vote and not even show up to an event, especially when your vote wins. There should be some kind of pride in actually being part of an event. Earth has been putting in the time with servers and such putting up CS:GO when it wins, and despite the slight attitude after putting up with a very buggy valve game with limited non valve server potential he still manages to show up.

I've put close to 300 hours in, and I would still show up to this event if I could, despite being burned out on a terrible community and not to mention low tick rate servers. And why?

It's a positive thing. I could be a far more positive influence showing up then voting and not doing anything. It helps that there is a crowd in on this. Events strengthen groups.

Every time this wins I have to ask myself, why is this an option and NOT source? Or 1.6? Then I remember, oh, because if it were changed, people would complain about it. (not that it matters).

I love some of the game suggestions in the thread but it's obvious some of them don't deserve to win because the suggestors won't show even if they win.

tl;dr

after really reading this thread and some of the nonsense on here some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves. I would love to use more choice language but I'm trying to at least stay politically correct.

Feel free to let me have it for speaking my mind, I'll be sure to take an infraction or warning or whatever from Shane but it needed to be said :)

PostPosted: November 27th, 2014, 12:51 am 
Dragon Member

I voted for CS:GO and was planning on coming because it's really the only game in the list that I really like to play, but as with everything else, real life is more important than internet. I wasn't able to make it. And as people above already said, this week is sorta special with Thanksgiving for the Americans and such. Or, instead of a scheduled time, the server is left on and set to the current week's game selection, and people can come and go as they please.

If Earth is having such a hard time getting the server to switch to CS:GO where he was angry and spammed grenades for the whole time during a week, then maybe you can go back to just having a TF2 game night like how you've had the whole past year and a half. I have plenty of other CS servers to choose from or I can even play competitive, but I try to make it to the CS:GO game nights so I can play with you guys instead. So I happen to not make it for one time because I had other things to do. Voting does not bind me to a contract to show up to this server on x day at y time. I can easily see it in the polls that a lot of you just want to play TF2 every week. Go for it. I can really feel the resentment sometimes when I'm in the CS:GO server.

Also, please do not use meme arrows.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2014, 1:23 am 

Evelyn wrote:
If Earth is having such a hard time getting the server to switch to CS:GO where he was angry and spammed grenades for the whole time during a week

Yeah, I was angry. It took me three hours to get CS:GO working. I got TF2 and HL2DM both set up in under an hour each, including download time. Also, half of one map is not all night ;)

It's fine now. All I have to do is type "./runcsgo" in my home folder of the server :)

My hatred of Counter-Strike goes back to CS:S, when we played gun game, but with no respawning. I was new to PC FPS games, and I was getting my *** handed to me.
Know what's not fun? Getting sniped by someone you didn't even see, then having to wait on the two people who are left camp in a corner waiting for the other to come find them for five minutes. It was gun game too, so I was stuck with the scout the whole time. Once people advanced past that, I was finished. In an hour long event, I probably got to actually play 10-15 minutes, maybe 20 on a good night.

How would you feel if you had to spend three hours of your own time setting up something you despise?

Hell, CS:GO isn't that terrible. I hated CS:S because we didn't have respawning on the old server. Now we do.
It's fun to go knife-only and see how many more kills I can get than Sanders, but other than that, it's a rather generic and bland FPS.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2014, 2:16 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Meh, it happens. Some weeks just aren't as active as others. I vote in most polls, but lately I've had a hard time showing up. Like Evelyn said, real life takes precedence sometimes. And wouldn't you know it, Tuesday night is one of those times people like to meet for some odd reason.

Anyways, I'm not upset about it. It is Thanksgiving week after all. I'm sure anyone in school has finals and projects coming due soon. Probably vote for TF2 this week.

It was nice to have the site owners all to myself. ;) Jk. It was really bad. Don't get caught alone in Mumble with Shane and Mike. They gang up on you.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 27th, 2014, 9:03 pm 

Duke Juker wrote:
It was nice to have the site owners all to myself. ;) Jk. It was really bad. Don't get caught alone in Mumble with Shane and Mike. They gang up on you.

There's a reason Shane calls it a Shane and Mike operation, or, for short, an S&M operation :wink:

PostPosted: November 27th, 2014, 10:17 pm 
Bronze Member

Getting onto someone whose using badly placed greentext for emphasis should not be an issue. Period. If it is, I will be sure to [emphasis]emphasis[/emphasis] since it's clear at this point it's difficult to convey [emphasis] emphasis [/emphasis] on the internet.

Despite those nitpicks, it's not the point again. The point is more or less consistent attendance when a vote is placed should be in anyone's best interest here. That shouldn't be an issue for you since you have been here for most cs:go events. If you don't like tf2, then don't show up for tf2 that week, nobody is angry when that happens. But if you vote for cs:go it should be in all voters of said game's best interest to make a concerted effort to show up or at the very least make a convincing lie or a steam alt so they aren't caught doing something else.

[emphasis]It's pretty obvious at this point the event would be dead this week from the beginning, again, none of us could help it, but this is going to develop into a bigger problem every two weeks out unless people either a) hold hands and sing kumbyah and hope and pray that a metacritic of 100 team based open world RPG third person fighting shooter with competitive aspects and a class based system drops from the sky or b.) at least try to show up for some events, because it's pretty obvious things inevitably get tense when the word "voting" is brought up on tuesday nights because there is always one odd man out.[/emphasis]

Please understand, none of this is intended to be hostile, I just don't use lame emoticons like Earth or Shane

tl;dr the only solution is Super Smash Bros. Melee 4 stock Netplay Team Battles. I'll take Thomas or Mike.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2014, 12:56 am 
Dragon Member

I'll just un-vote if somehow I can't make it. That won't change anything. That far into the poll, people have already piled on a choice. I can't even deselect my choice unless I want to change my vote. What do you expect me to do? Start up CS:GO on an non-existent computer while going 70 down the highway? Again, I say that voting is not a binding contract and if people can't make it, then they can't. Nobody should be under any obligation to play. You make it sound like I decided "oh, I don't feel like playing anymore". Actually, that's a very valid excuse given the casual nature of these events. If I missed a competitive event where people are expecting me and do not have an extra to fill my spot on the team, then sure, I deserve to be chewed out, but that's not what this is. This is just a fun get-together to play games with people from RSBANDB. People still showed up anyways, and it wasn't like the server was completely empty and you were the only one there fragging bots alone.

I was hoping that by putting a single small sentence about not using meme arrows gave you the idea that the point of my post wasn't about that.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2014, 2:59 pm 
Chat Moderator

FYI, L4D2 is on sale %75 off, making it only $5. Or you can get 1 and 2 for $7.50. The Valve complete pack is also on sale for %75 off, making it $25.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Gaming » PC Gaming - Revamped Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8 [ 110 posts ]