Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gears of War Judgement: A Kick in the Nuts
PostPosted: March 28th, 2013, 9:49 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: imacp53
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb
What's up boys and girls? It's yours truly coming out of retirement to write you some stuff about games I buy.

The 2 games I bought recently are Bioshock Infinite and Gears of War Judgement. Obviously you know how I feel about judgment from the title but let me give you some background info first...

Gears of War 1,2, and 3 are on my top games of all time, me and my boys used to play these games to no end, especially gears 3. Back in the day when I played the first Gears of War, I was scared. This game was intimidating, it was extremely bare bones and very dark. This game changed the way we look at 3rd person shooters, it practically put them on the map for this generation of consoles. The online play was extremely competitive, it wasn't a game you just walked into and kicked *** like Call of Duty, you had to learn.

I'm not going to bore you anymore about the history because you want to know about this game right?

The ultra-charismatic, loud mouth, **** talking Cole train is replaced with a dull and flat one. The only thing you will hear Cole talking about in this game is how wealthy he was, and he only says this like 5 times. It's not only Cole who has this effect, our old pal Baird does too. Baird's signature wise *** attitude is nonexistent. Another interesting character is added however. Private Paduk who fought against the COG in the Pendulum Wars is a very bad *** character and a great addition to the gears universe. Another good part about the game was the scenery, I caught myself gazing out into the war torn Halvo Bay many times. If you looked up in the sky you could see reavers flying around along with the hammer of dawn being called in, giving a real sense of how big this war was.

Now let me get into the online play of this game. Everything you loved about the gears of the past is no more. Instead of fighting the vital, intense battles for grenades or power weapons it is complete chaos. It is now unorganized running around shooting each other. This is the exact same way Call of Duty is. Also every player is spawned with one frag grenade, that sticks to someone if you throw it at them. This grenade is a cheap grenade, its a last ditch effort that can kill someone who was winning in a shotgun battle. The shotgun is ineffective now, it has lost all power I found myself having to put 4+ shots into some people with it.

Truly this game is a kick in the nuts because I was anticipating almost a fresh start on a gears game. It just wasn't what I was expecting in terms of multiplayer.

I could go on forever but you get the point, I want your thoughts on it. Any gears players here? Lets make some noise

Final Score 6/10

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 28th, 2013, 9:49 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Gears of War Judgement: A Kick in the Nuts
PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 6:49 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: RRman Nz
RS Status: P2P
Eh xbox is lame