Post subject: Nex Killing Guide
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 12:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
WELCOME TO MY AWESOME NEX GUIDE OF AWESOMENESS!

Part 1: Introduction
Welcome to my Nex guide! This guide will show you how to successfully kill Nex, the boss monster of Zaros in the God Wars Dungeon. Before I start, let me warn you that Nex is a very difficult boss monster to defeat. Nex is level 1001 with 30,000 life points. Without the proper equipment, knowledge, and teamwork, killing Nex can be very unsuccessful. Each kill is divided into four main phases and then the final phase or “Zaros Phase.” During each phase, Nex inherits the power of Smoke, Shadow, Blood, and Ice from her minion mages: Fumus, Umbra, Cruor, and Glacies. The minion mages are to be killed after each phase, when they become vunerable. After one is killed, Nex inherits the power of the next one, and when they are all dead, Nex draws on the true power of Zaros in her final phase. Be prepared to die a few times if you are new to this, as it is a very challenging task. This guide will show you very detailed methods for each phase. Please note that some things in this guide may confuse you. This is normal as killing Nex is a very complex process. Before you go for your first Nex kill, I recommend watching youtube video of a Nex kill to give you an idea of what a kill looks like. Before watching the video, read this guide and try to identify the things in the video that this guide says to do. This will help you remember what to do while in the boss room, as it is a lot of information to remember.

Part 2: Requirements

REQUIRED:
-70 Ranged
-70 Strength
-70 Consitiution
-70 Agility
-Frozen Key

RECOMMENDED:
-95+ Ranged
-95+ Magic
-95+ Defense
-99 Attack and Strength
-Overloads
-88 Summoning

IDEAL :
-99 Ranged
-99 Magic
-99 Defense
-99 Attack and Strength
-Overloads
-96 Summoning
-Access to the Rigour prayer

Part 3: Equipment and Inventory

Helm: Pernix Cowl / Armadyl Helm
Amulet: Amulet of Fury
Body: Pernix Body/ Armadyl Chestplate
Legs: Pernix Chaps / Armadyl Chainskirt
Weapon: Chaotic Crossbow
Shield: Divine / Elysian / Eagle Eye Kiteshield / Spectral
Gloves: Goliath Gloves / Swift Gloves / Barrows Gloves
Boots: Glaiven Boots/ Ranger boots / Snakeskin Boots
Cape: Completionist Cape/ Max Cape / Ava's Alerter / Ava's Accumulator
Ring: Onyx Ring (i) / Tokkul-Zo / Archers Ring (i) / Archers Ring
Ammo: Ruby Bolts (e) AND Diamond Bolts (e)
Special Attack Weapon: Dragon Claws
Aura: Sharpshooter, Vampyrism, Penance, Reverance, etc.
Optional Special attack switch: Helm of Neitznot + Tokhaar-Kal / Firecape

Inventory:
Dragon Claws (with optional helm and cape switch)
1 Sanfew Serum Flask
200 Diamond Bolts (e)
2 Overload Flask
2 Prayer Renewal Flask
1 Teletab (optional)
12 Super Restore Flasks
8 Saradomin Brew Flasks

Familiar Inventory:
12 Saradomin Brew Flasks
4 Super Restore Flasks
1 Unicorn Stallion Pouch
100+ Healing Aura Scrolls
If you do not have the Summoning Level for Unicorn Stallion, replace the two spots with Saradomin Brews
If you can use a Pack Yak, take more Saradomin Brews and Super Restores

Part 4: Misc. Information

Terms that you MUST know! Teams will say these during the fight so know what they mean!
MD: Melee Distance, Stay within melee distance of Nex
DD: Death Dot, everybody stands on the same spot
Tag: After one of the mages dies, attacking Nex to start the next phase
Lure: While Nex is attacking you, walking away, making her follow you
Off: Exactly what it says, GET OFF NEX
GB: Group Bank, everybody in the team banks for more supplies.

Other Tips:
- Stay overloaded the entire kill, since Nex targets the person with the lowest magic defense, not being overloaded will make you take heavy damage.
- When you drink 3 or more Saradomin Brews at a time, drink a sip of restore potion to make your overload boost to max more quickly.
- Use Ruby Bolts (e) until the final stage (Zaros Phase) in which you should switch to Diamond Bolts (e)
- YOU MUST BE ON NORMAL PRAYERS! Eagle Eye / Rigour on normal prayers is better for ranging than Leech Ranged on Ancient Curses.
- Play with the RuneScape sounds on while fighting Nex. It is much easier to listen to what she says that to read it on the screen. Depending on what she says, you can know what she is going to do next.
- Having a set of Ancient Ceremonial Robes allows you to skip the kill count, meaning fast banking.
- You cannot go back up into the Zaros bank ones you enter the boss room, so take a teleport with you.
- If using a War Tortoise, dismiss it as soon as you can, as it makes you get attacked directly due to its aggressiveness.
- Stay above 500 life points as much as you can as it is very likely to take fast damage.
- Make sure your Frozen Key has at least one charge before going into the boss room, because if you die, it is a hassle to go get it recharged and get your stuff back.
-Once you enter the boss room, the only way out is death or teleport, and you cannot go back into the bank. Make sure you bring a way to get out.

Part 5: Walkthrough

Smoke Phase Walkthrough
Before entering the boss room, drink a sip of Overload and heal up. Enter the room with your team and stand in the middle of the room on the edges of the four bridges. Equip your dragon claws as you wait for Nex to spawn. When Nex spawns, there is no need to immediately put prayers up, as she has an introduction in which she summons the four mages. When she says “Glacies!” that is the best time to turn your prayers on. You should have Protect Item, Protect Magic, and Piety. Immediately after the introduction unleash your special attacks on Nex, then proceed with ranging her. While ranging use eagle eye and steel skin, or rigour. Stay melee distance until she calls the minion. There are two special attacks she can do this phase. One is where she magically pulls a person to the other side of her, deactivating prayer and dealing damage. The Second one is somewhat avoidable. When she says “There is…..” make sure you are not at the intersection of the four bridges, and make sure your life points is higher than 900. She will rush down one of the four bridges, saying “NO ESCAPE!” which causing heavy damage to anybody standing on the bridge she chooses. If you are at the bridges intersection during this attack, it will hit you no matter what. After the attack, immediately get in melee distance to Nex. If done correctly, and with good special attacks, this phase can be completed in mere seconds. When Nex says “Fumus don’t fail me!” kill the north west mage named Fumus. During the kill, if your character keeps saying “*cough*” try to stay away from other people to prevent the cough from spreading, as it lowers stats and increases prayer drain rate. If you get poisoned drink a sip of Sanfew Serum or use your Unicorn to cure it. After Fumus is dead, the smoke phase is complete! Somebody should then tag Nex to start the shadow phase.

Smoke Phase Quick Guide
1)Stay MD
2)Unleash your special attacks on Nex
3)While killing Fumus, DD directly in front of him.

Shadow Phase Walkthrough
The shadow phase can be the most difficult to survive, but if done correctly, only minimal damage will be taken. During this phase, protection prayers do nothing for you, so turn off Protect Magic if you wish. Some people think that Protect Ranged will reduce damage, since the hit splats claim the attacks are Ranged, this is not true. Protect Melee is not a bad idea because Nex will use melee thie phase. Also, the retribution prayer can save your life on this phase. The idea of this phase is to stay as far away from Nex as possible but still be able to attack. The closer you get to her, the more damage her attacks do. Just keep your distance and try to stay off the bridges as much as you can. The thing that makes this phase difficult is when Nex says “Embrace Darkness” which causes black circles to appear on the ground under every player. These circles explode after a few seconds, which can deal damage over 500 life points. To avoid this damage, simply move off of the dark spot IMMEDIATELY! The safest thing to do is to move away when Nex says “Embrace Darkness” before the spot appears. When Nex says “Umbra don’t fail me!” kill the north east mage named Umbra. While killing Umbra, the person who Nex is focusing her attacks on should lure her south to avoid heavy damage for people killing the mage. After Umbra is dead, lure Nex to the end of the easternmost bridge and tag. Note that during this phase, Nex darkens the room sometimes, keep your screen brightness high for ease of seeing things.

Shadow Phase Quick Guide:
1)Use Long Range style and keep your distance from Nex
2)Protection Prayers have no effect on this phase (except melee)
3)Avoid the “Embrace Darkness” attack
4)Lure Nex south while killing mage

Blood Phase Walkthrough
The blood phase is the phase that causes the most trouble for inexperienced teams. The reason for this is because it is possible for Nex to heal to full HP if the team seriously screws this up. On this phase, protection prayers once again have an effect, use Protect Magic. Nex summons blood reavers during this phase which she heals from, if you have a war tortoise familiar, make it attack a reaver keep Nex from switching to you. The phase has a sequence of attacks that you must be very careful about. To begin, you must be melee distance to Nex for the entire phase, doing this makes it run so much smoother than if you are not melee distance. Nex’s first attack of the phase happens when she says “A Siphon will solve this!” This attack is called the siphon. While Nex is in a siphon, she squats down slightly and has red and purple glows around her. The deadly part of the siphon is that instead of damaging Nex, you attacks heal her for the amount of damage they would have done, so while she is in a siphon, STOP ATTACKING. After her first siphon she summons a few blood reavers that she heals off of with her Siphon. If your team is having trouble getting through the blood phase, tag the newly spawned reavers while Nex is siphoning, this will reduce the amount she heals. The next attack is called blood sacrifice. When Nex says “I demand a blood sacrifice” she marks a person on the team for sacrifice and they get a message in the chat box saying they should run away. This attack does not do as much damage as it claims, so do not run if you are marked, because it will mess up the melee distancing. Now I will tell you how to deal with the siphons. Nex does a siphon 5 of her attacks after she calls a blood sacrifice. When Nex calls a blood sacrifice, count her attacks, and after her fourth attack, stop attacking her, easiest way to do this being clicking the spot you are standing on. After she finishes the siphon, repeat this sequence. The sequence is siphon, normal attacks, blood sacrifice, 5 normal attacks, siphon. Use the time in between siphons to unleash your special attacks, and deal as much damage as possible. The sequence repeats over and over until her hp get to about 1/3. At this point she will say “Cruor don’t fail me!” Proceed to killing the south east minion named Cruor. If people continually attack on her siphon, it is possible for her HP to get so high that the kill cannot proceed, and you will have to teleport out, regroup, and try again. If you are having trouble getting Nex’s health low enough even while no hits are made on siphon, while Nex is doing a siphon, attack the most recently spawned reavers, this will make her next siphon heal less.

Blood Phase Quick Guide
1)Stay MD
2)Do not run from blood sacrifice
3)Do not bother to kill blood reavers unless you are having trouble lowering Nex’s HP
4)Count Nex’s attacks after blood siphon, off after 4th attack

Ice Phase Walkthrough
The ice phase is the easiest phase in my opinion. The significant amounts of damage in this phase can be avoided, and it is fairly easy to do so. During this phase, stay melee distance near Cruor’s spot, or at the end of the southern bridge. Once the team is in a central spot along with Nex, tag her to start the phase. Her main attack is Ice barrage and if you have Protect Magic activated, you will take very minimal damage and very short periods of being frozen. If your prayer is dropped, the attack can hit over 300 and freeze for 20+ seconds. This attack also drains your prayer in amounts based on how much you have left. To conserve Super Restores, keep your prayer below 300 points, and above 50 points. This makes the prayer drain very minimum. Nex has two other attacks during this phase. The first one happens when she says “Contain This!” Causing a box of ice stalagmites to surround Nex, disabling melee distance temporarily. When she says “Contain this!” move out of melee distance and stay about 4 spaces away from her. Once the stalagmites disappear, get back into melee distance and continue hacking away at her. If you are too close to her during this attack you will be hit by the stalagmites, temporarily frozen, and prayer dropped. The other attack is more deadly, but only damages one person. When Nex says “Die now in a prison of ice!” she imprisons one person in a prison of ice stalagmites. If the person is in that prison for more than a few seconds, they will take very heavy damage that can and will hit over 800. To avoid this damage, the other members of the team must click on the stalagmites to free the person from the prison. If you are caught in the prison, get your life points over 900 and hope your team breaks the prison. Note that when the stalagmites are destroyed you must move from the spot between them to avoid the heavy damage. If more than one person are on the spot in the prison, only the person who’s prayer is dropped by Nex is at risk of heavy damage. When Nex says “Glacies don’t fail me!” kill the south west mage named Glacies.

Ice Phase Quick Guide
1)Stay MD near Cruor or end of southern bridge
2)Keep Prayer Points between 50 and 300
3)Run four or more spaces away from Nex when she says “Contain This”
4)Free people caught in prison of ice

Zaros Phase Walkthrough
The Zaros Phase is very simple. However, you may take a decent bit of damage during this phase, especially if using a War Tortoise familiar. First of all, switch to Diamond Bolts (e) as she is low HP and Ruby bolts are not as effective at low HP. You want to death dot (DD) on the spot that Glacies was standing, once everybody is on the spot, tag Nex to begin the phase. Nex attacks with her magic attack from the smoke phase and standard melee. Staying melee distance or in the death dot prevents the magic attack, leaving Nex using melee which is a single target attack. It is very helpful to have a designated tank during this phase. The way you tank, is my using a staff of light, protect melee, and taking off the top and bottoms of your armour set. Since taking off the armour makes you have the lowest defenses, Nex will only attack you. Use the special attack on the staff of light and with Protect Melee on, you should take damage less than 100 life points. If there is a person on the team with a Divine or Elysian shield, they should be the tank due to the special effect of the shield. Once the staff of light special runs out, put your armour back on, and get in the death dot, from this point another person can be designated tank. If there is no tank, Nex will attack the person with the lowest defenses, since this is changing constantly as people drink brews, its usually not one person. Having a War tortoise summoned makes you get attacked more often. Nex switches her prayers between Deflect Melee, no prayer, and Soul Split. If you use your special attack, do it while she has no prayer on to negate the risk of her switching to Deflect Melee. She always switches prayers in the same order. If you accidentally use melee when she has the Deflect on, your damage will be deflected back to you and will be more damage than you would have dealt. Continue ranging until she is dead. As she dies, she activates wrath, so run away from the spot when she says “Taste my Wrath!” Congratulations you have completed a Nex kill!

Zaros Phase Quick Guide
1)Switch to Diamond Bolts (e)
2)Stay MD or DD on Glacies’ spot.
3)Use special attacks after Nex turns Deflect Melee off
4)Having a designated tank helps significantly
5)Run away when she uses Wrath on death, but do not run early.

Part 6: Drops
Nex has many good drops. An average drop from Nex is worth about 1-2m coins. The drops are multiple amounts of an item such as 50 Grimy Torstols. Drops like this will be split between different people, 10 each for 5 people. She also has a drop of 30 Saradomin Brews and 10 Super restores, split among 4 people. This drop should be split between the team to make the trip last longer. Nex also has unique drops in the form of Torva, Virtus, and Pernix armour as well as the Zaryte bow. These drops are very high in value and the drop rate for them is about 1 item every 35 kills. Nex’s four minions may drop pieces to the Ancient Ceremonial set. Use of Coinshare or Lootshare to split the drops is recommended, but if you are in a team with trusted people, doing free for all with ring of wealth is a good idea. Here is a list of the unique drops and their approximate values. Please note that these values may not be up to date.

Torva Platebody : 220m
Torva Platelegs: 190m
Torva Full Helm: 100m
Pernix Body: 440m
Pernix Chaps: 380m
Pernix Cowl: 100m
Virtus Robe Top: 85m
Virtus Robe Bottom: 65m
Virtus Mask: 35m
Zaryte Bow: 85m

Thank you for reading my Nex guide, I hope it allows you to be successful at Nex and make some good money from it. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, send me a pm on the forums, or pm me on RuneScape, my player name is iZant. I wish you luck with your adventures killing Nex!

Written By: iZant

Please do not use this guide on any other website without my permission. If I give you permission to use my guide on another website please quote the guide, crediting me properly (Because I wrote the guide)

Badoodle.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 12:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor