Post subject: Guide to playing NON Combat SC
PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 12:59 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
As a rank in a non cb sc clan, I have a lot of experience. Many players who hear about non cb sc get excited and quickly joining in, not truly knowing the differneces/how to play. Hopefully this will give you an idea of how it's done. :) I will not use actual non cb 'clans' to keep this guide more neutral and to the purpose of the guide.

How to get there: Use either a games necklace to teleport to the gamers grotto or run ti the (!) (dungeon) north of falador. Once in, go north into the room with the 2 pens. One the west side you will see one large pen and on the right side you will see 2 smaller pens.

There is a deposit box beside the larger pen. You cannot take any items into the games.

Getting started:
If you see players in the lobby, ask what friendschat thay are using. Some clans play ONLY clanside games, others play ffa and clanside interchangably, while others just ffa unless they have to clanside a rulebreaker. (For the purpose of playing the game-currently all public non cb sc clans use friendschats when playing.)

Join the friendschat and ask any questions you have about the rules whether in the chat or in pms with the ranks. If they are dealing with rulebreakers, even the nicest ranks can seem abrupt. Do try to give ranks a bit of slack when you first join since yuou do no know what the situation is at hand. (If of course you have problems with a rank, you can either pm a higher rank or make a post on their forum thread asking for contact with an admin.) Anyway, once you have joined the friendschat, ask for the start chats. Make sure it is a rank's answer you are reading. That will ensure accuracy. If they tell you "We are playing FFA at the moment" join the smaller pens on either side.

FFA: Gmaes start automatically. Once 10 ppl join the pens (5 on each side), a 2 minute clock starts. After 2 minutes, as long as there are still 10 players, games will start automatically.

If they name one start chat this means they play ranks versus players or have an anti pk team with special requirements required to join. If they give the names of 2 friendschats, join the second one named. (The reason is because they try to make games 'even' and more people join the first chat named.)

Clanside: Faster starts (usually) because the moment one chat leader challenges the other, they begin. Clansides require persons ranked captain+ in a start chat to start the games. Most ranks will call #/1 #/2 if they want even games. Be sure to help by moving if asked or volunteering to move to keep it balanced so you can start quicker. Clanside also allows ONLY players in one or the other chat to play, so they can kick pker's/rulebreakers and have peaceful games. Additionally, the maps are created based on the people in the chat-so those offworld or in the chat and not in pen can/will increase the sizes of games, so they are often removed from start chats.

Some clans kick everyone from the start chats, some do not once the game has begun. They will ask yuo to join their main chat for calls before they leave/remove you.

Once they come out listen to any ranks instructions-try not to spam the lobby if they are giving out the rules or answering questions.

-If you show up and they are in the lobby-simply join whatever chats are being spammed and then ask questions once the game has begun.

Once IN the game:

The typical rules are as follows: (explanations provided)

-No Combat. (Non combat are generally faster- you will get lower scores, but you will get more points per hour in multiple non cb games rather than 3 combat games.)
-Weild a bow- by x time on the clock. (Chats will kick non bow weilders after a certain number of warnings. (Bows are the ONLY item in the game that if misclicked, they will not inflict damage. You can misclick on players of the opposite team and familairs. Even level 3s are required to weild a bow. The rule was made to keep them safe FROM misclicks, and to prevent them FROM misclicking.)
-No Barriers. (The object of the game is to be fast. Blocking other players from valuable resources slows down the game and you will get removed)
-No Prayer. (You might need it if a pker sneaks in, and it implies combat occurred-some prayers also inflict damage. When a rank sees someone praying, they ahve to stop what they are doing and come investigate the situation, thus wasting valuable time.)
-No magic- this includes stats spy and all non cb spells. (You MAY cast spells on RANKS who are anti-pking that will help them, but if they say stop, then stop. All Magic looks like and sounds like combat-and bind spells slow down other players and annoys them.)
-No Pickpocket (or in some clans, only pickpocket with permission). This is so that you cannot just take other's things. You may of course ask for clay, but respect is a two way street. You can be based for pickpocketing without asking.
-No Armour [not even a hat]. The treason is because it makes you look agreesive or like a pker. You may make armour, but do not wear it unless being pk'd or asked to help anti. (allowing a hat for one, means an idiot is going to say 'hats are okay, so legs and plate must be too' and you really can't explain a difference in a way that satisifies these type of players, so clan simply disallow them.)
-Familairs are allowed-but not for attacking purposes. Their special move banks the clay in their inventory making the last minute of game alot more convenient.
-No Freeloading- this is the act of hiding in base refusing to help collect/end the game sooner, or afking the game and not really helping. If you have a legitimate reason to afk, say it in chat so the ranks know you aren't trying to slow games down.
Some clans require you to be in their chat, some do not. Calls are encouraged, sharing is caring, and if you see a pker what the ranks need to know is: Name, team, location. That's the fastest way to help the ranks.

Anti-pking. Most ranks do not appreciate people jumping in to help. The reason is that the game ends when all resources are gone, so if everyone else colelcts the game ends sooner and the rulebreaker can be removed. Ranks have to abide by a set number of rules/warnings when they have to stepn in:

Did the pker know this was non cb?
Did you ask them to stop?
Did you determine they were pking and not pk'd?

There IS a difference between defending yourself and jumping into a situation. Some ranks may allow other players to help, but they will always pm you and/or call in chat "Player X has permission to anti".

In game-grab a rag and make a bow as well as a few for various tools. Once you have what you need move to a higher quality of clay and start there so you can get your tools/armour/familair/and anything else of better quality. All the clay has to be collected, so go anywhere you like from there. Calling and updating dead clay helps a ton to speed games up.

How to call:

rb= red base
bb= blue base
n= north
s= south
e= east
w= west

t= tree
r= rock
s= swarm
p= pool

c= class
rag/frag/shard= class 1 clay, the lowest you can get

So let's say you run out of the blue base and you see a class 4 tree. The call would be:

c4t bb

When asking for clay it helps to do/say this:

Name-color-clay please.

This makes it easier to find you and if you are in a 'stack' of people your team can recognize your color and help you out. :)

Example: Jamandy52-blue team- 1 clay please

You can also ask for tools in the same way. If no one replies, ask a rank in chat. They will usually try to help or find someone who will.

Getting ranked: MOST clans have an offsite website they will require you to use. I say this now because that is the biggest turn off to potential ranks in the clan I am in, however, we would be lost without our ability to share messages, update rulebreakers etc.

Most clans have an application process, but some only rank via invites.

It is always okay to ask how the ranks were chosen, but most clans do not appreciate people asking for a rank. These questions are better asked in pms as well.

Some clans will require a certain cb level-but not all of them will. Most look for mature, friendly, helpful people who go out of their way to make the game a better environment. :)

Why choose non cb?

"I already get 26 points per game in world 45, and I LIKE combat!" You might say. You might even think non cb games are full of level 3s. That is not the case. Non combat sc has another advantage.

In world 45 games are always 20minutes long with a 2 minute wait time. This means you play just under 3 games per hour. (points wise you get 78 points per hour.)

Non cb games last anywhere from 8-12 minutes (USUALLY). If you are good enough to get 26 in a combat games, you can definately get 20 points a game easily in non cb.
If the games are 12 minutes and you use clanside starts- you can play 5 games per hour. 5 games with 20 points each= 100 points per hour. Thats an extra 22 points!

I'd be happy to add more info about the tools/rewards and clay classes if anyone thinks that would be helpful? I didn't want this to seem too 'novelish' and confusing.

Please note the combat worlds have changed to 45 and 62. 62 primarily is unused.

Last edited by Jamandy52 on September 18th, 2012, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 12:59 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Guide to playing NON Combat SC
PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 4:06 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Excellent guide. I myself found SC very entertaining when it first came out (the regular CB version). I had so much fun putting c4 and c5 barriers around all the kilns and watch the other team get very frustrated.

Anyway, I truly am a fan of the non-cb version. I usually play in the "fast sc" friends chat on W99. Same rules, fast games, lots of quick points, which means more morphic tools for training. Truly is the way to go for training construction, smithing and even the most boring of skills - fletching.

Well done. Thanks for posting.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 8:59 am 
Runite Member

Thank you. :)

Good luck in your sc ventures.

My clan likes to take their ranks to w158 for cb sc events and anti pk practice-we tend to all join the same team and get on skype. We will single out 2-3 lvl 138s and say "okay, these are the pkers this game. Soon as you see them base on site." It's really great fun. ;) (And great rank training)

I have played with each non cb sc clan-I have positive things I could say about each one.

I learned to play sc in fast sc-that was so much fun-they actually didnt ban me for barriers in my first game since the realized it was an accident. :)

PostPosted: September 18th, 2012, 12:19 am 
Runite Member

Updated :)

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:33 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Splash Much
This guide is very detailed and helpful(: I really haven't done much SC in non-combat. I will have to comeback and use it!

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 8:43 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Nice guide. I find Sc non combat my favorite mini games. Still play it even though I don't need the clay for leveling.

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 8:43 am 
Runite Member

PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 9:45 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Soulightning
Clan Name: Ash
Great guide! thanks!