Post subject: God Wars Dungeon - Kree'arra : The Armadyl Boss
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 1:18 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Hey Everyone!

There's been a great stir around the RuneScape community about the mysterious bosses found in the God Wars Dungeon, especially about those bosses which drop the extremely value items. For this purpose, I'm referring to the Armadyl boss who drops the highly desired Armadyl Godsword hilt, along with the Armadyl range armor (Helm, Platebody, and Plateskirt) all very valuable.

Before you get carried away and decide to run in, it's important to know what you're getting into. Now, this boss is no Graardor, but that's not to say only uber high levels are able to come here. The requirements to get to this boss, at least stat wise, include 70 Range as well as either 60 Strength or Agility. This will allow you to access the God Wars Dungeon, as well as get to Armadyl's Eyrie.

Inventories are quite different depending on which boss you go to, and Armadyl is no exception. Unlike all other bosses, you may NOT use Meele to attack. This forces you to use Range (and potentially Mage, though this is strongly unadvised).

This is the general setup that I bring with any group I go with.

The bolts that are in the picture are:
- Diamond Bolts (e) x 300
- Emerald Bolts (e) x 200 (though I tend to just use plain Mithril, many people want even faster kills)
The Tablets in the picture are:
- Bones to Peaches x 20
- House Teleport x 1
The Armor in the picture is Karil Top + Skirt, Dragonfire Shield, Saradomin Coif, Zamorak Bracers, Armadyl Pendant, Ring of Life, Ava's Accumulator, and Snakeskin Boots.
The weapon in the picture is a Rune Crossbow

This is a setup I have personally never used, but I have seen several people use this.
(Ignore the weight, I had other items in my inventory)
Differences in this picture include a Verac Helm and Skirt, and a Saradomin D'Hide top.

Here is an inventory that I wouldn't recommend unless you absolutely can not afford Saradomin Brews and Super Restores.

Again, as with many guide people will write, these are GENERAL inventories. Depending on your wealth and levels, some of these items may be exchanged for lesser quality (Dragonfire shield -> Granite, Rune, or Obsidian, for example). However, I’d strongly recommend sticking with the same general Saradomin Brew / Super Restore setup. You will definitely need to keep your HP up, and this helps you do just that. Also, you do not need a Saradomin item once you are in the Eyrie, but it helps keeping the damage on the way in at the minimum.

***NOTE*** - If you do not have an Armadyl item, please look at the lower portion of the guide so you are able to bring something with you. This will help you while getting 40 kill count

Depending on your own preferences, as well as your Summoning level, you may choose to bring a few prayer potions, food, and Range potions through your chosen familiar. This saves you a trip off the mountain, if you were to use the "drop, bank, and loot" technique to keep a full inventory. Though I've seen familiars in the Boss chambers, I wouldn't trust that as a great storage spot for anything, and only would recommend using your familiar to hold items while you are obtaining your 40 Armadyl kills.

As for recommended levels, I'd have to go with 80+ Range, 85+ HP, 70+ Prayer, 80+ Defence, and a decent Slayer and Summoning level. These are not needed (Remember, only 70 Range and either 60 Strength or Agility are required), but they will help keep you alive and helping your team.

The Trip -
**NOTE** The rest of this guide is assuming you have visited the Godwars Dungeon at one point or another. If you have not visited yet, I'd recommend bringing a rope to the dungeon entrance before you would like to enter. This will save you an inventory space, and some time.**)
To get to the God Wars Dungeon, it is no different than getting to the same place for a Bandos trip. For this reason, the following part of the guide is universal to all God Wars Dungeon guides.

Once you are at Trollheim, follow the general route outlined in blue. This will lead you off of the mountain.

Continue north on this path, past the trolls throwing rocks (pray Range while passing them)

You should soon come to a boulder, and crevice. Pick a way and go through. Once you are through, pray meele and head north to the "!" on the map (dungeon) and climb down the rope.

Once you are in, head south to the Eyrie. You will soon find yourself at an opening in the floor, unable to cross. Use your grapple to go across.

Unlike Bandos and Zamorak, Armadyl has no “low level” creatures. The lowest level you will be able to get an Armadyl kill from is around level 69 (found outside of the Grappling hook area). If you have a lower Slayer level, you have only one option for kills – Aviansies. These range in level from 85 (inside of the Grappling hook area), to the 140’s, and all drop noted adamant bars (fairly common), 5 un-noted cooked swordfish, and range potions. (**Note** If you plan to get kill count outside of the Grappling hook area on the lower-leveled Aviansies, you WILL need to have a Saradomin item. If you are just running through to get past the Grappling hook area, you won't need a Saradomin item other than just a quick run through the area. Either way, it doesn't hurt to bring one.)

However, if you have a higher Slayer level, you may have other options. If you are able to attack Spiritual Warriors, Spiritual Rangers, or Spiritual Mages, you should be in luck. The rangers aren’t anything special – basically a glorified Aviansie. However, if you are high enough to kill the Warriors, you will be happy to know Armadyl Warriors are pathetically underpowered. Their max hit is a measly 3 or 4, which hardly ever hits.

Like other areas, you can stay in a group and kill one monster as a group to try to minimize damage, or you can get your kills alone. Either way will work, but the group method takes considerably longer.

Once you get your kill count (here I’ve got 42, but you need a minimum of 40 to enter the Boss area) you will be able to enter to fight Kree'arra.

The Fight-
Before you rush in, wildly firing your crossbow, please take note of the following:

1) During the entire fight, you MUST keep your Protect from Range prayer active. If you do not, you have an extremely high chance of dying.

2) Kree’arra attacks with both Range and Meele, though Melee is not very common unless you are soloing. For this reason, do not attempt to stand directly next to it during the fight.

3) The Range attacks from the boss tend to move you away from where the boss is located. You will most likely not be able to see the HP bar during most of the fight.

Here is a picture of the Kree’arra when it spawns. Like I’ve said before, even if I wanted to stay near the boss throughout the fight, I wouldn’t be able due to the Dragon Spear-like attacks.

4) Share your inventory. If you happen to get lucky and not have the minions attacking you throughout the fight, help those who did. If someone has to leave due to no food or other potions, and you have quite a few – help them out.

5) Bones to Peaches is a great advantage if you want to get a few more kills out of your inventory. Simply collect bone drops from the minions and when you have 6+ (as a general rule, but you can do with as little as one) break the tablet and you'll have that many peaches to eat! Each peach heals 8 Hp, so don't count on it if you are running super low. Peaches are not tradeable, so do try to trade bones if you must share food.

6) Unlike the Bandos minions, Armadyl’s minions may switch off on attacking people once the boss is dead. For this reason, if you are attacking a minion after the boss dies – watch your screen. Keep your prayer window open so if you begin to be attacked, you can take the appropriate action.

7) Lastly, all of the minions appear to range you. To distinguish them (without remembering their names), look at what they are doing. The Range minion will attack with what appear to be Javalins, while the Melee minion will follow you if you move, and the Mage will attack with what looks like four darts. Remember to take appropriate action if you are being attacked.

If you're ready to leave, use your teletab, or other teleportation method. If you must, you can right click on the alter and select "teleport". This will put you back into the room that comes before the Boss Room. If you plan on doing this, make sure you have your Armadyl and Zamorak item equipped.

Thanks for reading, and happy hunting!

This is Copyright Silverwiz9, Pfkninenines - For Rsbandb use ONLY!

***Now, for those who do not have an Armadyl item, read the following if you’d like to get one for free***

To obtain your Armadyl Pendant, you must have completed (or come fairly close to completing) the Temple of Ikov quest.

You must first re-obtain your Pendant of Lucien from Lucien located to the west of the western bank in Ardougne.

Proceed to the dungeon just south of the Ranging guild, and make sure you are either wearing Boots of Lightness, or another item to give you a negative weight.

Go through the northern gate.

Go across the bridge, ensuring you first have a negative weight.

In the corner, you will see a lever. Pick it up.

Go back through the gate, and look for the Lever Bracket. Use your lever with the bracket, and pull.

Go back through the northern gate, and head north. Follow the path, and go through the doors. You will soon be at a crossing, and a witch. Talk to the witch, and she will teleport you across.

Continue along the path, and go to west. Once you are a wall with the “Push” option, proceed through.

Attack anything in this room (they are quite easy, even if you are forced to punch them to death) and pick up an Armadyl Pendant if they drop one. To obtain more, simply drop your other(s) and repeat the killing.

Congratulations! You will no longer be auto-attacked by the guardians of Armadyl (at least not the ones outside of the Boss chambers)

~EDIT - Several grammatical corrections. Also added "Recommended Levels"
- Added a new inventory pictures, and explaining the use of Bones to Peaches
- Described the inventories more clearly
- Defined the lowest level Aviansie, and when you *need* a Saradomin item.

Last edited by Pfkninenines on June 20th, 2008, 12:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 1:18 pm 

Post subject: Re: God Wars Dungeon - Kree'arra : The Armadyl Boss
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 6:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Saturnyne
Clan Name: Solum
That's a very nice guide, informative and well written. I liked everything about it; especially the little guide at the end to get the Armadyl Pendant ;)

The only thing I would suggest is putting in a 'Recommended Levels' section in, because I know for a fact that at 70 range, you won't be helping too much. Other than that, great guide :D

4/5

PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 11:46 pm 

Added Recommended levels. 70 range won't necessarily be horrible, but in general 80+ is a good mark. One member of my normal team is 76 range, and he's no slacker :wink:

PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 1:04 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Why would they underpower the Armadyl warriors? Maybe because they're mainly melee, with a quick sort of ranged attack if you attack from a range. That's my guess, but I'm not one to test these sorts of things.

Also, remember that even with the ranged prayer on, Kree'arra also DOES have a mage attack (blue tornado) that will damage (not likely, since you're wearing dragonhide, but it will), so always keep your eyes on your health despite your situation of awesemity.

Also, and this is a rarity, but I've heard it done once, as much as Kree'arra likes to stay in the middle, it sometimes goes offset so you're either pushed away out of range across the room, or cornered in an unavoidable tussle against its melee attacks. To avoid this, make sure everyone's spread out nicely, so it will stay in range for the majority and won't corner anyone.

Thanks for the tip there about the spiritual warriors. Hope you see you all there sometime.

Oh yeah, and even if you ARE only level 70 range, then use ruby enchanted bolts, as they deal the heavy damage despite a bad level. I'm only level 73 ranged and find it works great. Of course, it does do a little damage to me, but I'd rather take a 9er and kill it partially then have to endure another lucky hit on its part.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2008, 4:14 pm 

Alex 43 wrote:
Also, remember that even with the ranged prayer on, Kree'arra also DOES have a mage attack (blue tornado) that will damage (not likely, since you're wearing dragonhide, but it will), so always keep your eyes on your health despite your situation of awesemity.

Don't forget, the Meele minion, as well as the Mage minion can still attack you throughout the entire fight. This will be the main cause of your damages, and I'd strongly suggest nobody ever not watch their HP and especially never stop watching their Prayer.

Alex 43 wrote:
Also, and this is a rarity, but I've heard it done once, as much as Kree'arra likes to stay in the middle, it sometimes goes offset so you're either pushed away out of range across the room, or cornered in an unavoidable tussle against its melee attacks. To avoid this, make sure everyone's spread out nicely, so it will stay in range for the majority and won't corner anyone.

Like most bosses, the further you are spread out, the more the boss has to move to attack. This results in both less damage taken from the boss, as well as more room that the Meele minion must traverse before it strikes (again resulting in less damage).

Alex 43 wrote:
Oh yeah, and even if you ARE only level 70 range, then use ruby enchanted bolts, as they deal the heavy damage despite a bad level. I'm only level 73 ranged and find it works great. Of course, it does do a little damage to me, but I'd rather take a 9er and kill it partially then have to endure another lucky hit on its part.

You're definately right about the Ruby (e) bolts - their special is not level-dependant. "Chance of losing 10% of your current Hitpoints to remove 20% of your opponent's current Hitpoints. Does not work if you have less than 10% of your max Hitpoints left." Most people switch off from these when the boss is 1/2 health or less, just so that they don't have to hit 20% of a lower hitpoint and take the damage of the full hit (depending on their current HP).

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 6:47 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: matrixmage22
Clan Name: T.F.A
I don't know if you forgot to put this in but a list of pots and food or even a pic of your inventory would be very useful. Other than that great guide =D

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 6:47 am 
Adamantite Member

PostPosted: April 19th, 2008, 7:02 pm 

Added new inventories + explained the use of Bones to Peaches.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2008, 7:17 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
i'm not sure if i'm able to put this in but tell what bolts we should bring. I have no idea what kind of bolts you are using and if i do get 70 range by sunday, then i want to know what kind of bolts to use.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

Last edited by Tim on December 18th, 2008, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2008, 11:36 pm 

Mli 6999 wrote:
i'm not sure if i'm able to put this in but tell what bolts we should bring. I have no idea what kind of bolts you are using and if i do get 70 range by sunday, then i want to know what kind of bolts to use.

Thought it'd be obvious, but I suppose that's just a higher leveled ranger's mind thinking.

The bolts that are in the picture are
- Diamond Bolts (e) x 300
- Emerald Bolts (e) x 200 (though I tend to just use plain Mithril, many people want even faster kills)

I'll add this information to the respected part of the guide.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 11:18 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Sworder24
On the part where you get the pendant, if you sided with armadyl, you have to talk to them, and they give it to you.

ImageImage

PostPosted: April 24th, 2008, 6:17 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Is it possible for people to go on the trip but not be the "tank" but still get some hits? I mean like i want to go but if i am being attacked, then i don't want to die right way from a 1 hit so is there a way for me to go on the trip but not get attacked?

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \

Last edited by Tim on December 18th, 2008, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 9:19 am 

Nope. You're going to be attacked, nearly guaranteed. There is no tank whatsoever, so everyone gets hit by the boss with something sooner or later. That's the way all bosses are, if not just the fact that you will be attacked by the minions if you are attacking the boss.

Post subject: God Wars Dungeon - Kree'arra : The Armadyl Boss
PostPosted: April 26th, 2008, 8:51 am 
Rsbandb Donor

OMG, i can;t go on the trip, i need 59 smithing for the mithril grapple head, you should have put it in the guide, darn, i wanted to go as well. :(

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

Last edited by Tim on December 18th, 2008, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2008, 1:33 pm 
Steel Member

RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Rsbandb
Thanks a lot Paul! I have used this guide many time and it has worked perfectly! Thanks again.

Nico.Starr on skype if you wanna to find me these days :)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2008, 2:32 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: mainiacks
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: rsskillers
there are avainses level 69 to so the lowest monster for kc is not 85 it is 69

god knows how you got herpes.

Spoiler for race: