Post subject: The Duel Arena : All You Need To Know!
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 12:01 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Humus_75
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Instinct
Also posted in RSBANDB Site-> Guides but I thought it would be more appropriate to stick it here too. If this needs to be taken off then I will gladly delete it. 8)

Okay, because of the lack of information on other guides about the Duel Arena, i decided to make my own guide that does not lack information. Also, this is my first guide so dont be too mean. XD
First of all:
-GETTING THERE-

That picture shows the whole of the duel arena, to get here you need to be a member, as with all minigames.
There are different ways of getting to the arena, one of them is the ring of dueling. To make one of these you will need 1 gold bar, 1 emerald and a ring mold. To make the ring first use the gold bar on a furnace, a box will apear, click on the picture of an emerald ring and you will make an emerald ring. To make this into a dueling ring you will need to enchant it, enchanting this ring will require 27 magic. You will need 3 air runes or an air staff and 1 cosmic rune. When enchanted the ring will be called a dueling ring, to tele port to the arena simply rub the ring in your inventory or weild it and operate it. There will be two options to chose from-

Duel Arena
or
CastleWars

Now, i think its pretty obvious which one to chose...
when you have teleported you will be here:

Now, you dont have to use a ring of dueling to get here, you could also come here using the lumbridge home teleport-Image (doesnt require any runes)
then walk east to a bridge, walk across and follow the path, along the path you will come to a gate guarded by 4 guards, 2 on each side. You will have to pay 10gp to get past or you will get past free if you have completed Prince Ali Rescue (also, if you forgot your money you can pickpocket men in the area for the money [thanks Kill3rz!]), now walk up the north path and you will find yourself at the arena.

-THE FEATURES-

That is the main building of the arena, when entering the area around the building a sign of an axe will apear in the bottom right of your playing screen (Here), this means that when right clicking on a player there is the option "challenge". When clicking this option you will send a request to the player asking them to duel. More info on this part will be shown later in the guide.

In the building is where many of the requests take place. There are a few doctors and nurses that can heal you here and also there is an alter where you can rechage your prayer points. There is also a bank here at the arena.

-THE FIGHTS-
The way that you can challenge another player has been clearly stated in the features section previously. When challenging another player he/she can accept the offer, when done this screen will apear-

Now, this whole thing is in 2 different groups:

STAKING (putting a bet of money or items in)
and
FUNNING (fighting other people for fun)

So, okay, if I were you and I had just got members and I was trying out lots of things and I decided to try the dueling arena I would first have a go at funning, just to get the feel of things and how the arena works.
Later on, you may decide to stake some items, first start off at staking 5k or so in items or cash then if you win you may want to start staking more money or items worth more money. This is alot like the wilderness except for the fact that whenever you duel you will only be attacking one person and also the big fact that if you lose against your opponent and you had staked an item(s) or money you will only lose the things you staked, not the things you used for the fight.

With funning you will not lose anything, maybe you just want xp or maybe just the experience and knowledge about runescape that you may want.

But anyway, back to the rules:
on the picture of the challenge screen there are different buttons that you can cross/tick. Tick whichever you want for you duel, now i will go through what happens when you tick them:

No Ranged: Kinda obvious, huh? Ticking this means that no range is to be used in the fight.
No Melee: Same as above but with melee instead of range^
No Magic: Thats right, you guessed it...
No Sp. Atk: No special attacks to be used in the fight.
Fun Weapons: Only flowers/holiday items are to be used.
No Forfeit: Explained later on.

otherside-

No Drinks: No potions or coctales etc..
No Food: No food is to be eaten, so no healing basicaly.
No Prayer: No prayer to be used in the fight.
No Movement: Explained in a sec
Obstacles: Same as above

NO MOVEMENT-
Usualy in a fight when nobody ticks this option you will apear in the arena once you have accepted your opponents offerr or they have a accepted yours you will both apear in defferent parts of the arena, e.g- 8 spaces away or whatever (its random) and you have to both run to eachother unless you are maging or ranging. With no movement ticked it means that you will both apear right next to each other so that you can fight straight away.

OBSTACLES-
When ticking this option you will apear in a different arena bit. With broken walls etc etc around you, this may be good for a Mage vs Melee
or Range vs Melee.

FORFEITING-
When in a fight you can go to the East or West side of the arena and click on a manhole thing. A little option thing comes up and asks you if your sure, click "Yes" if you are sure or click "No" if you accidently click it or maybe you just changed your mind.

STAKING CRAP-
If you want to stack some crap or whatever you need to do it when the challenge screen comes up, the item or money you want to stake has to be in your inventory at the time, right click on the item or money you want to stake and click stake 1 or 5 or 10 or x, however many you want. Here is a picture to explain-

Well, there isnt much else to say really, this is the end of my guide. I hope you liked it! Im just gonna List some tips and extra info here.

TIPS AND EXTRA INFO!
-When staking you cant use the item you staked in the fight. remember that!
-Alot of the time when there are fights between 2 melee'ers they will tick no movement, this is always good.
-When you have accpted a request from another player you will be teleported into the arena, you will automaticaly count down to 1 from 3 outloud, when you reach one you will call out "FIGHT!", your opponent wil too, you cannot attack the other player untill you both automatically shout "FIGHT!"
-Sometimes people use a full set of the barrows armour: Veracs in duels because of the sets special attack (hitting through protection prayers)
-For an easy win try requesting a duel with a player with your combat level, that way the duel is more fair.

There are other things to learn about the Duel Arena but in this guide i have written down the important things that you need to know.

CREDITS:

Me! (for obvious reasons :D)
CaseyJonesx for telling me you only have to pay 10gp to get past alkarid gate [lol]
Kill3rz for pointing out an easier way to get the 10gp and also for the "GO!" to "FIGHT!" correction.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Thats it, please pm me if you have something i need to change or something you would like to submit and i will credit you in the previous section!

Thank-You For Reading,
~Humus

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 12:01 pm 
Dragon Member