Post subject: Unstable Foundations -HD Pics- (Tutorial)
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 4:32 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Nat26han
RS Status: P2P
Quest Requirements - None
Skill Requirements - None
Items Required - None
Items Gained in Quest - Bronze platebody, Bronze sword, Bronze Square Sheild, Bronze hatchet/Bronze pickaxe, Drugged meat, a plank, 2 Tinerbox, 2 Fuses, Sir Vant's oil can, Cloth, 2 Rags, and 4 Stone clippings or 4 Root chippings.
Differcultly: Very Easy
Time Taken: Short - Approx 30mins
Quest Points Gained - 1
Reward - Level 4 Mining/Woodcutting

Attachment:
map.png

1. First to start this Quest/Tutorial you must log into your account, you will then come up with a selection screen to create what your character will look like.
Attachment:
prnt screen 1.png

2. Once you have created you character you will need to walk north and speak to Sir Vant, by clicking on him either left or right click and then click on it in the drop down, afterwards you will see a cut screen in which a dragon kills sir vants squire. Meanwhile a goblin sneaks in and starts stealing item in Sir Vants
Attachment:
prnt scrn 2.png

Attachment:
prnt screen 3.png

3. Now talk to sir vant again to ask him what he wants, kill will ask you to kill the goblin useing the deceased squire's equipment.
Attachment:
prnt screen 4.png

4. Once the Goblins dead, talk to sir vant, then click on the bag to retrieve a piece of drugged meat and click the plank on the table next to it to recieve a plank.
Attachment:
prnt screen 5.png

5. Use the plank on the low wall and then click it to climb over the wall.
Attachment:
prnt scrn 6.png

6. Go north, and use the drugged meat on the one bowl, that has wooden stucture surports, marked as one small green dot on the map.
Attachment:
prnt scrn 7.png

7. Go south and speak with Sir Vant and select the option "Yes, I've done it." You will see a cutescene where Sir Vant deploys a smokescreen, and the dragon eats the meat and falls asleep.
Attachment:
print screen 8.png

8. Now talk to Sir Vant again. Search Sir Vant's bag to find the item needed to complete his plan. Run back to where the dragon is sleeping and talk to Sir Vant. He will ask you to blow up the pillars makeing the ceiling crumble and the killing the dragon. Rip the cloth, then soak them in oil by useing Sir Vant's oil can on the 2 ripped pieces, then use 1 oily rag on each piller, then use 1 fuse on each pillar. Then use 1 Tinderbox on Sir Vant. Then use a Tinderbox on the pillar and Sir Vant will simultaneously light the other. Then RUN AWAY! and the dragon will die, and a cut scene will be played.
Attachment:
prnt screen 9.png

9. After that a new person will apear Roddeck, speak to him and he will thank you, and offer to be your advisor, click the ? button in the top right hand corner, the close it with the "x" button.
10. Sir Vant now wants his kit back, go to Worn Equipement tab and remove all the items, then use one of his squires items on him and he will take all the items back. Then speak to Sir Vant, to find out his suggested reason on how to escape. He will talk about either mining the rocks or cuutting the roots.
Attachment:
prnt scrn 10.png

11. Now speak to Roddeck, choose either to mine the rocks (giveing you a bronze pickaxe), or chop the roots (giveing you a bronze hatchet).
Chopping the roots
Attempt to chop the roots, you will fail, and it will tell you, that you need level 2 Woodcutting, click stats then Objective, then advisor button then "How can i raise my Woodcutting level?" Roddeck will tell you to mine the roots on the round the corner to the nourth side.
Attachment:
prnt scrn 11.png

Once you have chopped 4 roots and gained 4 wood chippings, just drop them they arent needed, then you can cut the roots and esacpe up the ladder.

Mining the Rocks
Attempt to mine the rocks, you will fail, and it will tell you, that you need level 2 Mining, click stats then Objective, then advisor button then "How can i raise my Mining level?" Roddeck will tell you to mine the rocks that crushed the dragon, mine them gain 4 stone clippings, drop these then mine the rocks blocking the path, the escape the ladder.

After going Up the Ladder
You will get a Quest Complete, and then you will have to talk to Sir Vant, and then Roddeck, set random objective, click advisor button, leave, and finally you are free to go where you want.
Attachment:
prnt screen 12.png

Last edited by Shane on February 18th, 2010, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't double post :) Also rating guides is not allowed.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 4:32 am 
Steel Member

Post subject: Re: Unstable Foundations -HD Pics- (Tutorial)
PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I wouldn't use attachments to post the pictures. Imageshack or Photobucket would be better plus maybe try to make a little better cropping? I believe there is an online Photoshop type program that'll save as a PNG and have a transparent background, not showing off the white in some of your pictures. But not really sure if the first quest needs a guide since it guides you through the quest.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 19th, 2010, 6:08 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Very little difference between using attachments or a hosting site, other than presentation. However, it is supposed to be a submission so presentation isn't necessarily as important as final guides.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 2:14 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
A major advantage to using attachments is that the images are transferred to the RSBandB server so there's no chance of them disappearing. However as Warren said there's otherwise no difference; you can use whichever method you feel more comfortable with.