Post subject: Hero's quest guide
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 12:12 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Overview:Retrieve three items to prove you are worthy to be part of the heroes Guild

Requirments:
53 cooking
53 fishing
50 mining
25 herblore
Also, the following quests must be completied before starting this quest.
Shield of Arrav quest
Merlin's Crystal
Lost City
Dragon Slayer

Items needed: You need a friend of the Opposite gang that you are in, either a black arm or a phoenix. food and armor help..you will also need a Harralander herb and a vial of water..

Black arm gang-Black large helm, black plate body, black legs(buy the plate in the varrock armor shop and the help and legs in the champion guild.
Phoenix Gang-Bow and arrows

Starting the quest...Travel to the hero's guild and talk to Achetties

She will tell you that you need three items to prove your worthlessness to the guild. The three items are; 1 fire feather, 1 cooked lava eel,and the Master Thieves Armband

Step: 1
First lets get the ice gloves. Have the best armor and weapon you have. You will do battle with a lvl 111 enemy. Make sure you take your pickaxe.Travel to white wolf mountain and head north once on the mountain.

Use pickaxe with rockslide...

Use the southern Ladder..

When you get down the ladder, take the Southwestern path till you get to a ladder, go up...

When you go up you will know your in the right spot when you see a lvl 56 ice giant, take the east ladder..

Follow the path, it makes a giant loop into the queen chamber, get her behind the throne and the ice warriors cant attack you..

Now that you have your ice gloves, head over to Entrana. Make sure you have nothing on but your ice gloves,and talk to the monks and head to entrana( The law alter ) find the firebird and kill it and take the fire feather.

Step 2: cooked lava eel

Heads toward post sarim, talk to the Gerrant in the fishing store. He tells you that you need a oily rod, then he gives you some Blamish Snail Slime. Buy a regular fishing rod.

Use your Harralander herb with a vial of water, then use the unfinished pot with the Blamish snail slime....you know have your oily rod.Buy some fishing bait while your there

Head over to Taverley, head south to the members dungoen entrance.

Take a the first right with the gate, then take the south gate, following the tunnel until you come to a open room filled with magic axed. Run through the room and you will see lava, cross the bridge and run twoards the lesser demons, use your dusty key with the door. Stay twoards the side and run past the dragons. Head to the part where there is Baby Blue Dragons, this is where the fishing spot is. Look in the lava and fish the eel, fish 3-4 depending on your cooking lvl.

Head to Lumbridge and cook the eel, you know have your cooked lava eel.

Step 3-The Master Thieves Armband

Black arm gang member-

Speak to Katrine in your gang HQ. She will tell you that the gang password is "Four Leaf Clover"

She will tell you that you have to steal ScarFace Pete's Candlesticks.

Head over to Karamaja and walk into brimhaven...

Gang Office where you get the id's
Pete's mansion

When you first get to Brimhaven head to the gang office. When you open the door they will ask for the password, say "four leaf clover'. Talk to someone and they will give you the ID.

Walk over to the mansion, make sure you have your large black helm, black plate, and black legs. Before you go in Garv will stop you. Show him the ID. Walk in and take to Grip, see if there is anything you can do. He will give you a key. Walk out and give they key to your partner.

Wait till your partner is in place, then search cupboard. Crip will walk in and have your friend range him through the cross..when he kills him he will drop keys. Walk into the treasure room and open the chest and get the Candle sticks, give one to your friends.
Here is the range hole.

Phoenix Gang Member-

Your first step is to head to varrock, talk to Stravan, he is in the basement of the gang hideout.

He will give you the name of two associates in Brimhaven, Charlie the Cook and Alfonse the Waiter in the pub called the Shrimp and Parrot. He will also give you the gang password,"Gherkin."

Make sure you have your bow and arrows before talking to Charlie and Alfonse, Charlie is in the kitchen and alfonse is in the bar. Make sure you tell them the password.

Charlie tells you about the secert panal at the west end of the kitchen, go through.

Push on the wall, and take the door circled in red. When you go in there will be two lvl 44 guard dogs. Get past them and get into the closet. Arm your bow and when your partner lets in Grip shoot and kill him.

Get your candle stick from your partner

Go to Varrock, talk to Stravan. Get your Armband

Talk to Achetties, show her the three things.

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Last edited by Kyle on June 29th, 2007, 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 12:12 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 1:33 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: FungiMonarch
Clan Name: The Hot Nuns of Taverley
Excellently written and I like how you illustrated things. Very well done! Can't wait to see the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 2:15 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Mike wrote:
PLEASE, do not use jpeg's at all for images in submissions, they look downright horrible, and all distorted.

You need to use PNG's for images, at least when you continue the guide, they look a lot better.

Kyle wrote:
You will battle a lvl 111 foe, and a pickaxe

I presume that's a typo. :P Needs a quick fix.

Apart from that it's great so far. Looks like you have a steadier hand than me - I was going to mark a path on a map but just couldn't do it to well enough and gave up. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 8:09 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
Chief Snake wrote:
Mike wrote:
PLEASE, do not use jpeg's at all for images in submissions, they look downright horrible, and all distorted.

Opps, i thought i uploaded PNG. sry its fixed now..

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 9:07 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
okay i'll put it up but next time please turn off split chat. changing those pictures would be nice though. thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 12:06 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Kyle wrote:
Chief Snake wrote:
Mike wrote:

Opps, i thought i uploaded PNG. sry its fixed now..

It doesn't matter that they are jpg now, because you already saved them as jpg which lost quality and then you converted to png... =\

You should save as png originally unless you are using photoshop to save on jpg at 100% quality, which I can tell you aren't doing. I'd still reccommend png.

Nice guide though :wink:

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 12:06 pm 
Site Owner