Post subject: The Dungeoneering Compendium - Extensive Dungeoneering Guide
PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 9:19 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
PLEASE DON'T POST - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Dungeoneering

Jagex newest and most complex skill had been out for a while now, and as such updates, fixes, and changes have taken place. If you did Duneoneering once it was first released, you might be clueless to the newest features, or if your just started to train this skill for some nice rewards or levels than you can refer to this guide for information, methods, as well as tips and tricks.

As this will be a very LONG guide, I might reference Dungeoneering as simply "Dung" to save myself so time/frustration as it isn't the simpilest of words to type out.

Table of Contents

Each section will be in a different post, for easy navigation, and thread upkeep!

1. The Basics

2. Prestige and Floor Plan

1. Dungeoneering - The Basics

If you already have done some Dungeoneering and get the basics feel free to skip this part!

First Visit

As soon as you get to Daemonhiem for the first time, you will need to talk to the Dungeoneering Tutor to obtain your first Ring of Kinship. This is the key to starting your adventures, and will become a useful tool later on. Besides it uses in dungeons and its use for creating teams, it provides a teleport just outside to the smuggler. This is used for accessing Daemonhiem in the future and can also be used a free teleport to a bank.

Now that you have your Ring of Kinship, bank every item, and than withdraw the ring. Walk into the big room, right click your ring, and select:Open party interface. You should now be faced with this interface:

Your now in a party all by yourself. If this is your first Dungeon, I suggest doing it solo, and moving onto goups later. To start a Dungeon find the doors with the option:Climb-down Dungeon Entrance. Click that and you will be prompted with an interface that looks similar to this one:

This is the floor selection interface. If you are level 1 Dungeoneering that you will only be able to access the first floor. Select that floor, or a higher floor if you have started to do some Dungeoneering already. Confirm your choice, and you will be taken to this screen:

At level one you will only have access to complexity one, and you will unlock all the complexity's after doing 6 straight Dungeons. I recommend soloing till you unlock complexity 6 (c6), and than soloing untill you reach 35 Dungeoneering, and than going to Dungeoneering worlds for teams. (For better information on floor, and floor-plans, visit my prestige section).

After selecting you complexity, and hitting continue, you will taken into the Dungeon!

For how to actually navigate Dungeons, read on!

Last edited by Forged on March 11th, 2012, 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 9:19 am 
Runite Member

Post subject: 2 - Dungeoneering Prestige and Floor Plans
PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 10:09 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Dungeoneering - Prestige and Floor Plans

This Section:

In this section you will learn how to navigate your floor interface to gain the maximum experience, and avoid waisting time on floors that simply waist xp.

- Prestige -

In Dungeoneering you gain experience at the end of each Dungeons, and the amount is based off of your prestige, the floor you did, and other modifiers from your performance (Death Modifiers, Number of monsters killed ect.). The hardest one to grasp is Prestige, and if don't correctly use prestige you will be greatly harming your xp, approximately halving it.

Ok, I'll dive right into prestige. Prestige is not that hard to understand after a little Dungeoneering experience, but I recommend learning about it before you do start training. Essentially for each floor you complete, it will tick off a floor of that "Level".

Example:

You do floor 39 (Occult) so that floor will tick off your Floor Selection as "Completed". If you redo floor 39 you will tick off a different Occult floor, and still gain xp for the prestige modifer. Your goal is to fill EVERY SINGLE floor on EVERY SINGLE Level.

Floor levels:

Frozen FLoors: Floors 1-11. Levels 1-21

Abandoned Floors: Foors 12-17. Levels 23-33

Furnished Floors: Floors 18-29. Levels 35-57

Abandoned Floors: Floors 30-35. Levels 59-69

Occult Floors: Floors 36-47. Levels 71-93

Warped Floors: Floors 48-60. Levels 95-119

- Resetting Prestige -

So, you just finished all your hard work, ticking off every single floor, but wait, your not done yet! Now you get to reset it and do it all over again! I'm sure your thinking: "AGAIN?!?!?!?! What do you mean!". It's just like prestiging in Call of Duty, resetting your progress so you can get the prestige bonus on each floor again! And what's even better, your prestige modifier will become bigger and bigger with each reset, assuming you reached a new floor that is.

Floor Plan!

With all these floors, resets, and complexity's, you don't want to do every floor on the same settings, as that would slow down your xp!

For Lower level Dungeoneerers, solo untill level 23, and than go to Dungeoneering worlds and try to join any team you can to fill up every floor. It's slow at first, and hard to find teams.

For a Medium Dungeoneering Level (61-79) Simply do your highest 10 Dungeons on Large, try and do the lower floors as fast as you can.

If you are a high Dungeoneering Level (80+) I recommend rushing (explained later) Floor 1-35 on the settings: Small - Complexity 1. Having a team helps the speed.
After that use do F35-Max Floors with the settings: Large - Complexity 6 - With a team of 5.