Post subject: Runescape Summoning Skill Planner
PostPosted: May 24th, 2009, 7:15 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Teashek
RS Status: P2P
This is a Skill Planner I made for Summoning. The idea is to give players more information about the types of pouches to be made so they can make more informed decisions. It's written entirely in Microsoft Excel and does not contain any macros or VB code. The bad part is that you do have to have MS Excel to use it. See the attached image at the end of this post.

You can get it here: FTP://Runescape@66.233.117.106/Runescape/RSSP.xls
- Note: It may ask for a password. There is none so leave it blank.

Features:

- Filter by charm type. Only see the pouches matching your selected charms.
    - Filter by cost to XP ratio. Only show pouches that have lower than X GP per XP.
    - Filter by XP. Only show pouches that give more than X XP.
    - Convert to scrolls option. Add scroll conversion XP to the pouch.
    - Display total cost in charms and gold, including market prices for base items.
    - Select only the pouches you feel are right for you. The calculator will tell you how many of
    each you should make to reach the next you've picked on the list.
    - Manual quantity setting. Used to tell the calculator to make more than it recommends.

How to use this spreadsheet:
First off, you should know that this spreadsheet uses check-boxes for selection. When checked, boxes appear black with a green "X". When not checked, the boxes appear bright green. To make a selection, simply click the box and a list will appear. Select the "X" to select, or the blank to un-select. You can also select many check-boxes and use the "clear contents" option to clear them. You can clear the entire sheet by selecting Row B and clearing the contents. You may also simply type an "X" into any box you wish.

Also note that if you're using the filter to disable certain pouches, they will not be calculated at all, even if they're selected. You can use the filters to hide or show whatever you wish, but when you want to see totals for everything you've marked, you must turn the filters off. Hmmm, I was just thinking I could make that optional, perhaps I will, but for now that's the way it is.

From left to right:
In the upper left corner you will see the charm info box. Use the check-boxes on the left to filter by specific charms. The right side of this contains numbers (currently "0"). These are the total number of charms you will need to complete everything marked on the pouch list. If there is nothing selected on the pouch list, there will be no totals.

Top center resides the stats box. This box contains: starting XP, ending XP, projected cost, and inventory space. Starting XP and inventory space are editable.

Starting XP is where you tell the calculator where to start it's calculations from and is the
    first field you should fill in. As soon as you place a number in here (given it's high enough)
    you will see part of the pouch list turn from black background to dark-green background. The
    dark-green indicates what you can make with your current level.

Ending XP shows how much XP you will have once all the pouches you have selected are complete.

Projected cost shows how much total it cost in gold to complete your list. This field takes
    into account: shards, empty pouches, and base item price in GE.

Inventory space is used to determine how many trips it will take to complete each pouch.

The upper right box contains a couple other filters and settings.

Only show cost Ratios lower than X GP per XP. Enter any number you wish for X and the list
    will update appropriately (assuming you have the check-box marked).

Only show XP values higher then X XP. Again, any number you wish for X.

Convert to scrolls if pouch level is lower than X. When checked, adds the scroll conversion XP
    to all pouches that have level requirements lower than X. After-all, you don't want to waste
    the high level pouches do you?

As for the pouch list, there is a check-box on the far left for each item in the list. Use this to tell the calculator to compute values using that pouch. To begin, you must have at least one item within your level range marked (usually only one unless you're adding manual quantities). You can tell if it's in your level range because it will have a dark-green background. To get a calculation you must have at least two different pouches selected. The first selection is the beginning and the last selection is the end. Note the last selection will never have a quantity because it will not have a goal after it. You can select any number of pouches in between to base your calculations on. If you don't have a selection in your current level range, you will still get calculated values, but it will assume your first task is "Spirit Wolf" and will calculate accordingly.

Within the list you will see:

Pouch: The name of the pouch to make

Item: The base item you need to make the pouch

Price: The GE price of the base item. As the market fluctuates, these need to be updated. This value is used to determine the actual cost of the pouch along with shards and empty pouches.

Lvl: The level required.

XP: How much XP is earned when the pouch is made. Note: this value changes when you have the "Convert to scrolls" option checked.

Charm: The charm type required.

Shards: Number of shards required.

Cost: The calculated cost of the base item, shards, and empty pouches.

GP per XP: Shows how much it costs for each experience point. The lower the number, the more cost effective it is to make it. Items that are really cost effective are generally low XP meaning it will take more trips to make them.

Quantity (calculated): This is how many you need to make to reach the next selection on the list.

Quantity (manual): Use this field to tell the calculator you will make more of something than it recommends. The specific pouch must be selected for this to have any effect.

Trips: Overall how many trips it will take for each pouch type.

I think that covers about everything. If you have any ideas for things to add to this, let me know. Questions and comments are most welcome. This is the first of many Excel pages I'm working on, though the first to be completed. I would like to hammer out the inadequacies of this one before I start to complete the rest.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 24th, 2009, 7:15 am 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: Runescape Summoning Skill Planner
PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 4:19 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Sleeperman99
holy crap... how long did that take to make?!?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Guitar Hero 3 - Top 500 in the world (Career Score) & 62/70 Fc's
RuneScape - 99 Hunting, Woodcutting, and Attack & 60+ in all skills
Running - 18:31 5k (3.1 Mi)

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 4:41 pm 
Bronze Member

Maybe 6 hours or so. I Wasn't really paying attention. Have you used it? Does it work well for you?

PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 2:42 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dropin Brix
Looks pretty good... i havnt really read threw it thought, i don't really plan on using summoning that much so...yea lol

PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 9:49 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Omar6000
Clan Name: Inmortal 100+
writing for 6 hours not paying attention :O wow dude I bow down to you, amazing attention span...really nice lol. This will be useful for the SKOTM.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 9:51 am 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
I love this!!

Training something else right now but ill definitly use whenever im summoning. especially like the cost ratio since summ is usually a very expensive skill. That'll help pick what to train with too.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 9:51 am 
Runite Member

PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 4:58 pm 
Bronze Member

I'm glad at least a few find it useful. If you can think of any useful additions, let me know. I also intend to create at least a farming planner and probably a construction planner as well. Before I do however, I want to know if it would be worth my time. Let me know.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 1:08 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lord Jared
Omar6000 wrote:
writing for 6 hours not paying attention :O wow dude I bow down to you, amazing attention span...really nice lol. This will be useful for the SKOTM.

I totally agree. I would use this. maybe you could update the prices though

All 70+(non combat) March 18, 2010
^
Wow I am a lot better than this now

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Bronze Member

jsbrules2 wrote:
I totally agree. I would use this. maybe you could update the prices though

Sorry, I can't spend time updating it every day. Those fields are editable and can be updated by anyone. In fact, I haven't even been on for the last week. That doesn't mean that I never will, I actually have a few times since it's been here. But I can't promise to do it.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2009, 4:26 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: topaz451
Clan Name: Prophecy Of Zaros
I would make more guides if I could make it look as good as this.