Post subject: The Short and Sweet Guide to Ranarr Farming
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 6:53 pm 
This guide is designed to make players around an extra 100k every 70 minutes or so. The method I am about to share takes about 5 minutes to complete, and can be repeated every 70 minutes. The great part about this money making method is that you do not need to be logged on for long periods of time for it to work! Ranarr weeds grow even when you are logged off. This method requires a basic knowledge of farming in order for you to fully grasp it.

Requirements:

Ectophial (Ghost’s Ahoy completed)
Several Glory amulets
Magic Secateurs (A Fairy Tale Part I completed)
Assorted teleport runes
ranarr seeds
1 Supercompost for every 1 ranarr seed
Amulet of Nature ("Pre-nature amulets" can usually be purchased for 50k on the official Runescape forums. All that is then required is to cast the emerald enchantment spell.)
Basic Farming Tools

The Route:
From the bank, withdraw the following:
Ectoplasm
1 Ardougne Teleport (2 laws, 2 waters)
1 Camelot Teleport
1 Amulet of Glory (4)
4 Ranarr Seeds (buy for no more than 30k each)
Wield Magic Secateurs
Also wear an Amulet of Nature
Rake, Spade, Seed Dibber
4 Super compost (You can store these in the bank or withdraw them from the Tool Leprechaun)
Optional: Bring along items to make supercompost with (I bring 15 pineapples). This is useful for future trips. If the compost bin at the farming site is already decomposed, then bring 15 buckets instead.

Your inventory should look like this:

1. Use the ectophial and walk west of the ectofuntus to the Canifis region allotment (Don‘t forget to re-fill your ectophial!) Empty pineapples into the compost bin. Withdraw 1 supercompost from the tool leprechaun. Harvest all ranarr weeds that you may already have grown in the herb patch. Use the supercompost with the patch, and then plant the ranarr seed.

2. Use your Ardougne teleport and run to the north bank. Bank all of the herbs that you harvested and your ectophial. Withdraw 15 more pineapples and make your way to the farming patch to the east. Fill the compost bucket with the pineapples, then harvest all of the ranarrs, use supercompost with the herb patch, and plant a ranarr seed.

3. Using your Amulet of Glory, teleport to Draynor Village. Bank all of your herbs and the Glory Amulet. Withdraw 15 more pineapples. Then, run north-west to the allotment south of Falador. Fill the compost bin, harvest ranarrs, use supercompost, plant another ranarr seed.

4. Finally, use your Camelot teleport and run to Catherby bank. Bank all of your ranarrs, withdraw 15 pineapples. Go to the allotment just north of the bank. Dump your pineapples in the compost bin, harvest ranarrs, use supercompost, plant a ranarr seed. Use your Amulet of Nature with the herb patch. The Amulet will notify you when your herbs are completely grown, diseased, or dead. Since you use it on the last patch that you visit, it will serve as a timer for when all of the other herb patches are ready to be harvested.

Additional Information:
*There is an additional herb patch that can be used after completing the “My Arm’s Big Adventure” quest. I have not included this in the guide.
*You will have to replace pineapples with empty buckets every other trip. These will be to collect the finished supercompost in.
*Ranarr seeds take an average of 70 minutes to grow. You do not need to be logged on while they grow. After 70 minutes, repeat the trip to all of the allotments.
*Ranarr plants do occasionally die, but don’t worry, the money made from the other plants will more than make up for the loss.

The Math:
Each ranarr seed produces at least 5 ranarr weeds, I‘ve seen up to 15. My seeds grow an average of 7 ranarr weeds each.

Each seed = 30k
Each ranarr = 7.5k - 8k

4 seeds (per 70 minutes) x 30k = 120k spent
7 ranarrs per seed x 4 allotments = 28 ranarrs farmed on average every 70 mins
28 ranarrs x 7.5k each (on forums, world 2) = 210k

210k - 120k = 90k Total Profit

This profit increases of course if you are able to buy ranarr seeds for less than 30k ea, or sell ranarr weeds for more than 7.5k ea.

Closing:
Thank you for taking the time to read my guide. I hope that it helped as a quick, additional money making method that can be performed on the side of other activities while playing the game. If you follow these steps, it will eventually become a routine, and only take around 5 minutes for a complete trip. Please post if you have any suggestions for improving the guide, or just to comment on it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 6:53 pm 

Post subject: Re: The Short and Sweet Guide to Ranarr Farming
PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 5:22 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Rivi2
RS Status: P2P
You're talking about 4 Herb Patches, but players who have completed the quest "My Arms Big Adventure" should be able to use the farming patch at the rooftop of the troll stronghold (this herb patch never get diseased).

PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 5:44 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: mulletspic
out of date.

ranarrs seeds are 40k+
ranarr herbs are 9k+

PostPosted: August 1st, 2009, 8:53 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Please read the dates of submissions before replying.

If you had you would have seen that this thread is over 2 years old and that the information you mentioned did not exist at that time.

We would love a more updated version and would gladly welcome one if either of you would make one.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

PostPosted: April 27th, 2010, 10:46 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Eon
Thank you so much, I have been looking for a guide forever. Now i can finally train my farming!!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 6:33 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Gnomethorian
Clan Name: Rsbandb
rannar farming is the best i made like 15m in a month from it once

Joined Rsbandb Fourms:February 25th, 2010, 3:30 pm
Check Out The Skill Of The Month: http://www.rsbandb.com/skill-of-the-month
My RuneWire: http://runewire.com/guthixrange

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 6:33 am