Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: October 20th, 2015, 7:43 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Owen1892
RS Status: P2P
Hello everyone! Not sure if anyone still remembers me but I do recognize some familiar names on here and Runewire which I just took a quick look at.

My last visit here was...March 25, 2013! More than 2 years on and I still remember my password here :D

Hasn't changed much around here, has it? The layout still looks pretty much the same as before, which is good for me!

My last post here was talking about how I had forgotten my Runescape password and I couldn't successfully recover it. But now today, I stumbled across RS and managed to reset my password! My first login experience was....let's say not as pleasant. Everything changed so so much that I had no idea what's going on. Since I'm not a member anymore, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to wield my abyssal whip and crystal shield, unsuccessfully of course. :oops: It says I have 35M coins but I have no idea where it is. I can't seem to be able to find it in my inventory and in my bank it says I have 1 coin #-o

I have also taken a look at the old-school runescape, which is especially nice and easy to control. Just a shame we can't play with our "real" accounts; everybody has to start at level 3 again.

Anyways, it would be very much appreciated if anyone could fill me in a little on what's happened/changed in the past 5 years or so. I'm not expecting summaries on every single news; I will take a look at the updates after my exams. But just a general idea of the changes. The last thing I remember was having a Grand Exchange with limited trade value which increases by the length of time that I have been friends with. Then I also remember they took off the trade limit?

Have a good day everyone! :)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 20th, 2015, 7:43 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Hey!
PostPosted: October 20th, 2015, 11:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Welcome back fellow veteran! Old School is the way to go. Don't listen to all the nay-sayers. Basically (and I've been gone for 4-5 years myself), the whole combat system got turned on it's head in what was called "Evolution of Combat", the graphics engine was obviously upgraded at some point too. Tbh, other than that, you've just got 5 years of content. Quests, cities, weapons, etc. The elf city was opened up too, I believe. Some of the more active members might be able elaborate more.

But regardless of that, old school is where the fun is. Who wants to play a game when everyone else has finished it already anyway? :P

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 8:53 am 
Dragon Member

Hey Anubis, I remember your name! You might be slightly before my time though :)

The only thing I dislike about the old school version is having to start all over from level 3 again though. Do you think it's worth it investing all the time for the old school though? I suppose I could give it another go, it's just that I totally forgot how to start making money with all skills being level 1 :oops:

The new RS (RS3?) seems to be way beyond me though. I can't seem to be able to figure anything out.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 12:59 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Well I found it nice to be a noob again lol. As for money-making at lv.1 skills - I used anchovies. XD The cooked versions are twice as much as raw, so while it's not a lot of money (probably about 10-15k an hour), you can get your armour/weapons/food sorted out.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 9:12 am 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Shwa
Clan Name: Rsbandb
I found that it was very easy to regain my skills. Now that I know what and how to train, the skills came back very quickly

Content Crew Member as of: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:20 am
Resigned Content Crew as of: Fall 2012

Events Crew Member as of: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:56 pm
Resigned Events Crew as of: Fall 2012

Community Ambassador as of: Sunday August 31st, 2014 12:30 am

PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 1:46 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I should think I remember you (but I don't atm :oops: ). I do know I became a dragon member on here after you! 8)

It's always nice to see old faces coming back. I hope you can adjust to Runescape and all its changes Owen. At the very least, stick around here a while and chat. Glad to have you back. :)

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 1:46 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 10:53 am 
Dragon Member

Anubis wrote:
Well I found it nice to be a noob again lol. As for money-making at lv.1 skills - I used anchovies. XD The cooked versions are twice as much as raw, so while it's not a lot of money (probably about 10-15k an hour), you can get your armour/weapons/food sorted out.

That seems to be a pretty decent way. Do people actually buy cooked anchovies in GE though? I've been trying to buy copper and tin ores and smelting them into bronze bars then selling them. I could only afford 200 of them but doubled my money (~12k profit) which isn't so bad.

Shwa wrote:
I found that it was very easy to regain my skills. Now that I know what and how to train, the skills came back very quickly

Hey Shwa, I remember your name. And it seems like I've still got you added in the friend list. :D Did you start off with f2p or went straight to p2p? What did you do at the very beginning as level 3 again?

Duke Juker wrote:
I should think I remember you (but I don't atm :oops: ). I do know I became a dragon member on here after you! 8)

It's always nice to see old faces coming back. I hope you can adjust to Runescape and all its changes Owen. At the very least, stick around here a while and chat. Glad to have you back. :)

I remember your name as well, Duke Juker. I wonder how many hours/days it took for you to become the next dragon member after me :mrgreen:

Thanks! I think I'll stick with the old school RS rather than trying to cram 5 years (or however years since RS3 was established) of updates immediately.

Btw does anyone know why halloween masks in the old school runescape is so cheap now? Before I quit, they were worth millions. Now they're barely worth 30k! #-o

PostPosted: October 28th, 2015, 4:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Owen1892 wrote:
Anubis wrote:

That seems to be a pretty decent way. Do people actually buy cooked anchovies in GE though? I've been trying to buy copper and tin ores and smelting them into bronze bars then selling them. I could only afford 200 of them but doubled my money (~12k profit) which isn't so bad.

Btw does anyone know why halloween masks in the old school runescape is so cheap now? Before I quit, they were worth millions. Now they're barely worth 30k! #-o

I found I had no issue selling my anchovies. Well, up to a certain point. I think my biggest batch was somewhere in the region of 2500 and most of those sold instantly (people make anchovy pizzas with them, being the best f2p food). That was fairly boring though, but it bought me the stuff I needed at the time.

H'ween masks, as well as santa hats and phats (and pumpkins and easter eggs and so on) were re-dropped into the game during seasonal events, and will continue to be dropped at all future events. Though not having been there I imagine they were fairly common drops.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2015, 11:46 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dat_Engineer
Hey, welcome back!

In RS3, the most important updates of the last 5 years are the following (IMO, and in no particular order):
- Dungeoneering Skill: Instances dungeons you can explore with friends or alone - unlocks rewards that help with other skills (scrolls, drop-cleaners like Herbicide, Charming Imp, etc., and tier 80 weapons)
- RuneSpan: A semi-AFKable way to train Runecrafting, with arguably the best experience rates as well.
- Divination Skill: Basically RuneSpan out of the RuneSpan, where you gather memories and energies, the latter of which can be turned into some items that help with other skills (less useful than Dungeoneering imo) It's a slow skill to train but you can do Guthixian Caches daily to train it efficiently without too much effort.
- Priffdinas: The elf city. Arguably the best city in RuneScape, contains the Max Guild, 8 elf clans with their specific specialties. A huuuuuge skilling hub. Also contains the best Slayer Master in the game.
- Daily Challenges: Once a day, you get a daily challenge you can complete, and receive a chunk of XP as a reward (and sometimes a mystery bag with items contained in it). Some challenges are worth doing, some should be skipped. I recommend you check wikia!
- Raids/bossing : lots of new high-level bossing with incredible rewards. There is also a practice mode when you go in your Beasts tab in-game.

Here is a 3-part Reddit guide for returning players I just found - it looks pretty useful!

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm ... ning_players_part_1/
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm ... ning_players_part_2/
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm ... ning_players_part_3/

Currently Playing:
PC - RuneScape
PS4 - Grand Theft Auto III Definitive Edition
Switch - Nexomon
PS Vita - Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky FC Evolution

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Welcoming Area » Welcoming Area » Hey! Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]