Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 565
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 4:38 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Dave and I will be recording this Thursday. We'll be having a guest on the show to discuss Mega May!

If you want to send an audio question here's how:
- Email questions@rsbandb.com (text questions can go here too)
- Phone 571-57-BANDB (571-572-2632), you can also send text messages here.
- DM us on Twitter @rsbandb to send text questions as well.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2016, 4:38 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 565
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 2:40 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Thieves
Hey guys,

So this month, my favourite skill Thieving will be getting something called the Camouflage outfit, which seems to be a Thieving version of Treasure Hunter outfits such as the Fury Shark, Infinity Ethereal and Magic Golem. Considering you basically *have* to buy keys to complete the outfit, for the first time ever I'm contemplating buying keys with IRL money.

So, my question is, if one of these TH outfits was coming out for your favourite skill(s), would you guys be willing to pay for it?

Cheers fellas,
Thieves

Post subject: Re: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 565
PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 4:44 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Hey Guys.
I have a discussion topic for you this week. While I don't usually promote youtube videos, one came out last week that I found really disturbing. A Friend has a series where he simply buys TH keys on promotions and uses them to "buy" all his skills. He has almost maxed the account with only 2 days of actual in game time. While I don't really care one way or another about micro-transactions, this video shows the player spending $4,400 dollars on keys in a weekend, simply to buy a maxed account, without any actual game play involved. To me, it really sends the wrong message to players, especially those who may have little self-control and really promotes spending real life cash that some people may not have in order to advance. Most disturbing was the fact that on top of the 130 million odd xp he gained, he also "won" 5 drops of the 200 million gp, thus giving the account over a billion in gold.

Love to hear what you guys think of this, and is it really too much to be promoting by a you tuber with such high visibility among the rs community?

Keep up the great work and thanks agin for the podcast!!

Pyrn