Post subject: Poker Chips Wallpapers 1920x1080
PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 9:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Simple design so that icons (usually) don't cover the image.
3 colour variants.

Spoiler for 1:

Spoiler for 2:

Spoiler for 3:

C+C would be lovely. ^_^
And Hi :D

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 9:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Poker Chips Wallpapers 1920x1080
PostPosted: March 15th, 2012, 9:59 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Amazing as always Anubis! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 1:19 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
RS Status: Classic
They look very nice, though it seems that the colored parts of the chip in the tallest stack are slightly indented (best seen in the top chip in picture 3). Are you using a texture for the chips, or did you model the colored parts seperatly from the rest of the chip?

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 5:50 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dothal Detra
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Irenic
They look like poker chips, if that was your only goal. They don't look like real poker chips though. They surroundings more than the chips themselves caused that though. I'd like to see a render of this with a green felt background and softer shadows.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 6:47 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Estor wrote:

Southrend wrote:
They look very nice, though it seems that the colored parts of the chip in the tallest stack are slightly indented (best seen in the top chip in picture 3). Are you using a texture for the chips, or did you model the
colored parts seperatly from the rest of the chip?

All the parts were modelled separately with the white parts of each chip being 0.01 taller than the coloured parts :) Strange, how it's only really noticeable on that particular chip though. Perhaps I can shift the lighting around so that the shadow is on the other side of the chip or softening the shadows?

Thomas wrote:
They look like poker chips, if that was your only goal. They don't look like real poker chips though. They surroundings more than the chips themselves caused that though. I'd like to see a render of this with a green felt background and softer shadows.

Oh yeah the only thing I wanted was to make poker chips :P There's no bump map on them atm but I can do that. Any other comments as to the objects themselves?
Background-wise, I threw together a green felt texture on a flat plane and a couple of overhead spotlights rather quickly. Thing is with softening the shadows more felt becomes visible and that wasn't really the background I was looking for. I can attempt to alter the shadows of the chips so they fall differently but I don't really want to change the intensity of the lights or the colour of the shadows as it would affect the 'ground' as well >.< In particular though, is it just the intendity of the lighting or the positioning or both? :P

PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 1:16 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
Anubis, my old friend. You're still the same old graphics magician I used to know.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 29th, 2012, 1:16 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 6:05 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Xbladez
Anubis wrote:
Estor wrote:

Southrend wrote:
They look very nice, though it seems that the colored parts of the chip in the tallest stack are slightly indented (best seen in the top chip in picture 3). Are you using a texture for the chips, or did you model the
colored parts seperatly from the rest of the chip?

All the parts were modelled separately with the white parts of each chip being 0.01 taller than the coloured parts :) Strange, how it's only really noticeable on that particular chip though. Perhaps I can shift the lighting around so that the shadow is on the other side of the chip or softening the shadows?

Thomas wrote:

Oh yeah the only thing I wanted was to make poker chips :P There's no bump map on them atm but I can do that. Any other comments as to the objects themselves?
Background-wise, I threw together a green felt texture on a flat plane and a couple of overhead spotlights rather quickly. Thing is with softening the shadows more felt becomes visible and that wasn't really the background I was looking for. I can attempt to alter the shadows of the chips so they fall differently but I don't really want to change the intensity of the lights or the colour of the shadows as it would affect the 'ground' as well >.< In particular though, is it just the intendity of the lighting or the positioning or both? :P

hmm an ideal solution would be to add a couple more lights to change the shadows. however so that they don't effect the overall look to drastically you could make the new lights not reflect on certain objects, that way they only change what needs to be altered.
if anything a spotlight to soft shadow the back edge of the top chip, once you notice that difference in the edge heights a sharp eye can spot it on all the top chips of the 3 stacks, but if it wasn't seen on the tallest stack then the rest would go unnoticed. then have another spotlight not hit the chip stacks at all to narrow the hotspot on the felt, plus a deeper (noise bump map) texture on it would make the chips pop a bit more i think.

edit: oh and the black center of the chips seems to flatten them into the darkness of the background shadows.