Post subject: GE Portfolio
PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 5:24 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Status: Retired
Hello,

I stumbled upon this website while looking for GE data dating back as far as possible. I was very surprised and impressed to see that this website goes 10 years back. Anyway, I was wondering if you would be willing to share the numerical data associated with the graphs generated for the price history of items. I am interested in this data because I am planning on trying to forecast the future price of items based off of their previous trends, and runescape is a game I am fairly familiar with. Thanks :).

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 5:24 pm 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: GE Portfolio
PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 6:53 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
I'm glad you enjoy our portfolio feature :)

Unfortunately the data isn't available for transfer to sources outside of RSBANDB.

If possible, could you enlighten me as to what features would be helpful in predicting the future price of an item? The exchange portfolios are something that we have wanted to do more with for a long time and your feature sounds pretty neat. Almost anything should be possible to do in terms of math/formulae to predict on our backend.

Look forward to hearing your reply.

Post subject: Re: GE Portfolio
PostPosted: May 7th, 2018, 9:12 am 
Bronze Member

RS Status: Retired
Sure; so lets say I wanted to predict the price for a rune scimitar. All I would need would be the prices of the rune scimitar at different periods of time. By looking at the trends I would try to fit different forecasting models to predict future prices and assess the fits and assumptions of the models. The actual fitting of the models can be done using the programming language R which can read in data in a table form and do all the computation. I would also take in to consideration the effects of different patches, however I would worry about this later.

If you're interested you can read more about the methods I will be using here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forecasting under Time Series Methods.

Another thing I could do would be to determine if there is a relationship between any 2 (or more) items. For example, perhaps when the price of a rune scimitar increases, the price of lobsters go down (maybe people will not be able to afford rune scimitars and thus pk less and not require lobsters). Determining this sort of relationship is generally much easier than forecasting.

Post new topic Reply to topic Forum Index » RSBandB » RuneScape Bits & Bytes Site » GE Portfolio Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]