Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDB just doesn't feel like it used to.
PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Seems like ever since EOC the community here split and things have gone downhill a lot. The RSBANDB community used to be so friendly and we were a pretty tight knit group, everyone knew everyone and we used to get along pretty **** well. Recently it seems like a bunch of people are always going at each other's throats and it gets pretty annoying after awhile. People are flame baiting and just generally ***** each other off sometimes out of the blue for almost no reason. Why can't we all just get along like we used to? This is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by Bonsai99 on July 12th, 2013, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 11th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: RSBANDB just doesn't feel like it used to.
PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 12:27 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
I moved it to a forum that works, it's the one where the site should be talked about.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 12:40 am 
Runite Member

Shane wrote:
I moved it to a forum that works, it's the one where the site should be talked about.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 1:31 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
I came back to RS because of EoC due to no more boring click n watch combat, and I really don't know why people fiercely hate the update. Aside from the lagginess, combat is actually interesting now. But the situation got so bad Jagex had to cave and make 07 RS. It's going to split the community

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 8:15 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
I guess all the forums and sites are much the same as the game itself, in the sense members of sites have two distinct views of the game and they aren't altogether compatible.

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 9:23 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
Whenever you do a large change you're going to offend roughly half the people and appease roughly the other half. That's life.

All major updates have done that to RS, it was just more noticeable with the EOC update because most BnBians started playing Runescape with the old System back in 2004-2009. I don't think it is specifically an unwillingness to accept change, rather the fact that Jagex was changing firmly set standards that the entire game had been built upon since conception. Newer RS players and BnBians either barely played the old system or perhaps never did, so since they've been playing GW2, EQ, etc which all have that style of combat they prefer it. Humans are naturally inclined to fight - period. Some are intelligent enough to pick and choose their battles why others just fight on a whim. This is amplified with the internet because there are no 'real people' and no repercussions.

Also the fact that EOC was released so sluggish and buggy and things still(nearly a year later) aren't 'balanced'. Many things also don't make sense because Jagex hasn't/didn't spend the time to recalculate every game detail even remotely related to combat. Like I said, combat has been the same since Classic over 10 years ago. You can't just change that without figuring out everything it will affect.

Personally, I don't like EOC because it makes things too complicated for RS. Now, I play one of the most advanced and complicated classes in LOTRO, so I am in no way incapable of using an ability system. But Runescape was not designed for an ability system. Does that mean it can't be retrofitted? Not specifically, but it means it requires much more thought than any other update. Sadly, Jagex did not give it the due thought.

Returning to Bonsai's gist...
I do miss the old community when we were all pals. Whether you play 07 or EOC, we should still be friends. You made 99 Dungeoneering? Well Congratz to you! You just finished Legends Quest in 07? Well Congratz to you, that is a tough quest in 07. You can wield torva and chaotics now? Awesome. You can wield dragon now? Well awesome to you too(for those who don't know, Torva/Chaotics is the rough equivalent of 07 Dragon).
If you don't like EOC or 07 then either don't comment when the subject is brought up or just be nice. No reason to start chewing each other out.

I would also like to note that the RSBandB Rules apply not only to the Forums but also to our In-game Friends/Clan Chat and to Runewire. Chat Mods (yes, myself included) and Mods are not above the rules - they apply to us as well. If you see us going off in chat or Runewire then send us a PM on the forums about it. We're human and sometimes we get bad days just like you.

Above all, just treat others like you want to be treated. If you don't want people to be an *** to you then don't be one yourself.

Thank you for bringing this up, Bonsai.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 9:23 am 
Chat Moderator

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 10:03 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: macbeth
Clan Name: rsbandb
I think the problem is that people want to share their opinion about both games and there is this schism. When people share their opinion about their part of the game it offends people who feel the opposite. THe 07 vs EOC shouldn't be a problem, everyone shares their achievements and stuff and people who like it discuss it and those who dont move on. I think jason put it best "If you don't like EOC or 07 then either don't comment when the subject is brought up or just be nice. No reason to start chewing each other out." just appreciate that the other people are enjoying it.
That being said I think there is another problem that is really just for you Bonsai. A lot of your posts regarding Jagex seem to be largely negative and after a while can get annoying (my personal opinion). Although you are just sharing your opinion it seems at times you go out of your way to try and expose how terrible jagex is and it adds to a general atmosphere of negativity.
I think people just need to be more positive and when they feel the need to share something negative present it in a way that is less aggressive and promotes discussion on possible positive changes.
Just my two cents im interested in what other people have to say.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 10:36 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Aarony
Cliff Dude wrote:
I came back to RS because of EoC due to no more boring click n watch combat, and I really don't know why people fiercely hate the update. Aside from the lagginess, combat is actually interesting now. But the situation got so bad Jagex had to cave and make 07 RS. It's going to split the community

There's actually Equal or LESS amount of people on today (EOC and 07) than there was when there was just EOC. So I am going to assume that people jumped on the 07 bandwagon and then quit entirely without coming back to EOC. Should have just kept EOC only.

http://runescapetracktotal.blogspot.com/p/combined-since-20.html

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 11:10 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Yes, I know a fair few people went onto 07 for a while but then got bored of regaining levels they already had in the past so quit but also haven't as yet, and aren't likely to, come back to EOC. Their on other games now.

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 12:45 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Can't say I've noticed any nastyness.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 1:04 pm 
Runite Member

CreepyPirate wrote:
Can't say I've noticed any nastyness.

It's been mostly on runewire.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 1:14 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
The CC is the same way sometimes. After a while the negativity gets to be too much so I rarely visit.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 1:20 pm 
Runite Member

addiv wrote:
The CC is the same way sometimes. After a while the negativity gets to be too much so I rarely visit.

Haven't been in the CC too much since I don't play very frequently so I haven't seen the same negativity in there but it's been pretty empty recently, probably a lot of others feel the same way.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 3:02 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
So we seem to know what the problem is now, the question is what should be done about it?

I'd like to remind everyone that there is a report feature on RuneWire. I rarely see reports come in from RuneWire, it's the red ! that sends a report for that post.

With regard to the difference in opinions between 07 and not it's hard to do anything on that matter. I can just say that the opinions should be respected and not chastised. There's always room for debate on those issues, just maybe create a topic in RS Discussion rather than trying to use RuneWire for that (been a misconception for too long that RW is a forum replacement, it's not). It's like many things in the political area, we don't have the power to make changes so we just need to accept that our view is right in our minds but also accept that other views can exist and live with these people no matter how much we think their view point is wrong.