Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: House designer Save and load + Saves from old version
PostPosted: September 28th, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Penny Drakis
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Hi
I came here so I could view some of the house designs I saved to my computer from the previous version of the house designer. When I saw that the house designer had been updated I oooh'd and aaah'd at the new interface for a bit but then was bummed out when it said I couldn't load a saved floor plan unless I joined the forums.

So I joined the forums, tried to load, and it laughed at me and said I didn't have anything saved. The old version saved floor plans to your computer, this one saves them to a database somewhere. :roll: Oh well, who knows if floor plans from the old version are compatible to the new one anyway.

Well, I tried to remember my old floor plans, saved them, then tried loading those, and the designer spat out DATABASE ERROR!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Oh well, I suppose I have to resort to using the permalink urls. The database seems to have no problem serving up those.

My nub house

May I request that it get fixed andthat some option to load and save from the user's computer be added/reenabled?

EDIT:okay, the database is behaving again, must have been a hiccup. Could the load/save to computer be reenabled though? Please?

Oh wait, where will the maid sleep?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 28th, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: House designer Save and load + Saves from old version
PostPosted: September 28th, 2010, 5:03 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
We can't give you an actual file to download automatically due to limitations of Javascript. The closest to that was the choice of offering you a file that you could download manually. We figured that it was just simpler to give a permalink since RSBandB isn't going to be going away, also it's easier to share with friends that way. Right ;)?

And no, the old files aren't compatible with how the new houses are stored.

The old house designer wasn't written by us. It was given to us by a generous member. The old house designer had a very confusing codebase and was hard to work with, hence the complete re-write when it needed to be updated. You could try your old files at the original developers website: http://www.saam007.com/java/?JApp=hdesign

I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a try.

Post subject: Re: House designer Save and load + Saves from old version
PostPosted: September 28th, 2010, 6:02 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Penny Drakis
Clan Name: Hi
Ok, I see your point. Hopefully rsbandb doesn't go away. At least not until I stop playing runescape anyway :lol:

Thanks for the link! Old saves still work, I just had to figure out how to use the loading dialog. It is a bit clunky and I can see why you got rid of it. At least I can transfer my plans to the new format now. Thank you!

Oh wait, where will the maid sleep?