Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Member again after 3+ years. WHAT DO I DO?!
PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 12:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
Hey all,

I decided to get RuneScape membership again since the release of NXT. After not playing for 3 years, I am a little overwhelmed with the amount of updates. What should I do first/focus on?

(Will be joining the RSBandB chat when I get on)

Some of the things I thought of:
1) Slayer because Slayer
2) Divination
3) Quests

Edit - Maybe the new Barrow stuff? Also, what quests should I do/focus on?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 12:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Member again after 3+ years. WHAT DO I DO?!
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2016, 8:06 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
1. Start listening to RSBANDBUpdate! weekly once again.
2. I see you have at least a couple level 90s, go and start Player Owned Ports. From here, over time, you get a series of resources and blue prints. Then you can make the tier 85 tank armour and tier 85 weapons. These should be something you definitely go for.
3. Limit yourself to tier 75 and above for Slayer gear. This means that barrows armour is ok but your best bet is to use either the above mentioned ports armour or tier 80 GWD power armour if you can afford it. Same goes for weapons. Don't use anything under a tier 75 weapon since your combat stats are high. The best and cheapest tier 75 set of items is the abyssal vine whip (made by combining a whip vine with the regular whip) and enhanced excalibur for dual wielding. After you can go for the ports weapons (tier 85) or save for drygores/ascensions/seismics (tier 90, the ranged and magic variants are expensive).
4. Immerse yourself in the lore and quests. These have gone from epic and substantial once or twice a year to almost always being of this caliber. Do them, embrace them, don't do them for just the rewards.

Aside from that just focus on whatever you enjoy. If you enjoyed combat you can do that now with all the various high level critters that were added. If you prefer skilling there are new ways to train that may or may not be incredibly AFK-able.

And if you have any questions, we are always here to help.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 1:29 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Questing, questing, and more questing. I know it may seem like a drag at times, but they've released a lot of fun quests and content to go with them. Always worth it to get quest rewards. In terms of which ones to do first, that's up to you. I just did them in release order just because I didn't want to miss any of the lore...and because I think it's more fun to do them in order rather than whatever you have unlocked. If not that, I definitely recommend at least doing all the 5th age quest before doing any of the new quests.

Other than that, check out dailies, weekly's, and monthly's. Lots of great rewards from just doing things when they are available. There's also some great new training methods for a lot of the skills you don't have 99 in yet, too. If you can unlock the elf city (questing), you can unlock a lot of these methods and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Like Shane said, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in game. I try to get on once a day and I don't mind giving some advice or updating you on new stuff. Best of luck and hope you enjoy all the new content!

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 25th, 2016, 7:31 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
Thanks you guys!

I will start listening to the podcast again! Its been way too long :) I will do ports a bit (I actually quit last time a bit after ports were released so I have some exp in that) I'm excited for the new quests.

Duke, that actually sounds like a great idea (the order of quests!) I think I might try that out. However, I think I might do some of the brand new ones first.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 9:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Ranging God wrote:
Duke, that actually sounds like a great idea (the order of quests!) I think I might try that out. However, I think I might do some of the brand new ones first.

Whatever you enjoy more, man. There's no wrong way to play Runescape...pretty sure anyway. :P

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy