Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bonus XP Weekend advice!
PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 6:58 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Okay so Bonus XP Weekend is approaching and I'd thought I'd come here again to ask irritating questions for input because I never trust my stupid self. :mrgreen:

Okay so below are the horrible stats I plan on training. I'm also trying to figure out what to do for each skill and what order (as the bonus multiplier lowers from a start of 2.7x)

Attachment:
BXP.PNG

Attachment:
BXPW stats.PNG

Okay so I'm trying to get all 3 of the highlighted stats to a level of about 60.

Construction - Oak Larders (Most likely)
Herblore - ???
Summoning - ???

Here is what items I currently have available, I could purchase some stuff, this is just to give you an idea of what I already have (I wouldn't like to spend an *** load but I don't want to use everything I have in my bank, and feel free to go "OMG SELL THAT OMG!").
Attachment:
Farming tab.PNG

(I know I'm low on charms =c)

Let me know what you guys think I should do. THANKS! :D

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 6:58 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Bonus XP Weekend advice!
PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 9:57 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
RS Status: P2P
You should definitely sell off your papayas, cactus spines, and bird nests to afford supplies. You shouldn't really need these items until later levels. If you do kingdom, getting that many bird nests back isn't really an issue later on anyhow. That will give you a fair amount of cash to work with.

Construction, being the lowest, is probably the best to do right off. Get you a butler and go to town. There's still enough time for you to get enough planks (~4k) to get to 60. If you don't make them yourself, they will be a hefty 2.3M. However, to put that in perspective, your papayas alone are enough to pay for them.

Herblore is next, obviously, because summoning can't be boosted past 1.1x anyways. Super Attacks are probably your best bet starting off. Super Energies at 52 are quick experience. Then Super Strengths at 55 all the way to 60 is probably your best course of action. If I were you, I'd take the time to get to 63 for super restores if you have the funds to do so.

Using the herbs you have will obviously save you some money. This is what I do ever Bonus Exp Weekend: Just take a minute to sit down and figure out how much exp you have in herbs that you currently have, then make a list from most exp to least that you want to make. Determine where the exp isn't worth your time, and sell off those herbs. Just be mindful of what you will unlock as you level. That way, you can simply work your way, making the most exp potions first, and then once you get to a new level, make the newly unlocked potion (though, I wouldn't waste my time with every single potion you unlock, just stick to what I said in the previous paragraph). If the most exp potion is using an herb that you'll unlock a better potion that uses that same herb, you'll want to skip that and go to the next highest to save the herbs to maximize your exp. I could sit down and figure this out for you, but you doing it will give you a better understanding and what exceptions to make that are worth it TO YOU. What I would deem not worth the time may be so to you.

Past this, use the remainder of your bonus to do some other things. Looking at your levels, fletching and RC stand out to me as good things to train with the remainder of your time. I see you have a ton of seaweed. Maybe visiting Bert and getting some buckets of stand to blow glass during the weekend would be another way to get awesome craft exp. You'll want to make the molten glass before the weekend starts, though.

After you are down to 1.1X, time to summon. Yes, you have a low stack of charms. If you can tackle him, I'd do some Bork with the days left leading up to the 16th. When you train on the weekend, I'd do:
Macaws using greens till 46.
Iron Minotaurs till 47.
Magpies untill greens are gone OR till 49. If you don't have enough to 49, make bull ants with golds.
Use all your crimsons on Bloated leeches at level 49
If you reach 52, mass produce Terrorbirds with the rest of your golds
If you go beyond this with what you have, I'd be surprised. The only next major milestone is Ibis using greens at 56. But really, terrorbirds is what I'd be happy with if I was in your shoes.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 1:06 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
also, make unf potions in your bank, start with the highest level potion you can make, to get the most out of them.
secondly if you haven't do try to get those herblore scrolls from dungeonering that can help you save a herb or an ingredient very very useful.

also on wednesday, you may also want to plant some trees. basically make sure they are taken care of and when you are done with herblore you can quickly, teleport to all of your farming tree patches and get very very fast exp in all of them. just grow the best you can.

o yeah and if you are doing herblore, do it IN your citidel or soulwars ONLY!. and any other skill that requires you to be close to a bank. both have blanks right next to you but the BIGGEST advantage in my view is that there would be NO random events. that means you can grab whatever experience you want without them interrupting you and wasting your time.

summoning just do it at the end and use up whatever charms you have.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 11:01 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Barrage Tank
Clan Name: The Imperial Legion
for the herblore you should make prayer potions to 52, then make super energies to at least 63 (i went to 69) then make super restores or antifires till 72. ranging potions are best until 81 for sara brews or 88 for extremes.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 6:55 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
KK Thanks guys. Finished my herblore and construction planning just making some planks. I'll deal with summoning a bit later.

And what do you think I should do between herblore and summoning? I'm thinking thieving but I'm not sure.

ImageImage