Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bare minimum requirements for herb runs
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 12:01 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
So, I know I need the juju pots and magic secatuars, ecto, and ability to teleport to ardy and use the troll heim patch.

All of those require quests, but is there anything else I need to be aware of?

I'm trying to help a new friend better their farming skill since they just got into the skill and really like it.

I'm just looking for the absolute easiest route to making the best out of farming.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 12:01 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Bare minimum requirements for herb runs
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 1:09 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
The absolute best for herb farming would be:
  • Ectophial for Port Ghosty patch (Requires Ghosts Ahoy quest)
  • Lunar teleport to Catherby for that patch (Requires 87 Magic, Lunar Diplomacy quest, Lunar spellbook active)
  • Explorer's Ring 3 for Falador patch (Requires Lumbridge hard tasks done)
  • Ardougne cloak 4 from Ardougne tasks for that patch (Requires Ardougne elite tasks done)
  • Lunar teleport to Trollheim (Requires over 40 hours of helping at the Livid farm)
  • Juju farming potions to boost herb yield (Requires 74 hunter, 70 farming, 64 herblore)
  • Magic secatuers to boost herb yield (Requires Fairytale Part 1)
  • Scroll of life to have a chance of getting seed back from patch (Requires 10k dungeoneering tokens to buy)
  • Supercompost/Fertile soil lunar spell
  • Falador shield 2 to increase farming xp at Falador patch (Requires Falador medium tasks done)

With those things, you'd be able to do a herb run in under 4 minutes and they would be more profitable, but some of the requirements are pretty extreme and are not needed to enjoy profitable herb runs.
  • Ectophial is the most important item since that patch is not viable for use being so far away from any other teleports.
  • Catherby teleport can be substituted with regular spellbook Camelot teleport, not much further away.
  • Explorer's ring can be substituted with Falador teleport, but it is quite a bit farther away
  • Ardougne cloak 4 allow unlimited teleports directly to the farming patch, but has really high requirements. The hard version allows one teleport per day and is really recommended to have that at least. Ardouge teleport is quite a walk, and if you have to use that and Falador teleport, you might not be able to reach all 5 patches on one dose of Juju farming potion.
  • I would not recommend Livid farm Trollheim teleport to even the most diehard farmers. Over 40 hours of work to save 30 seconds per herb run? You'd have to do over 4800 farming runs for that to be worth it. Just use Trollheim teleport from regular spellbook or Trollheim tablet (Love story quest) and run west. You must start at this patch if using Juju farming potion.
  • Anything else would just boost yield/XP and is not necessarily needed for someone new to farming. You'd overwhelm them listing all the stuff that is needed if they don't have the requirements for it.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2011, 10:04 pm 
Runite Member

Thanks so much!

This is going to be great and quite useful :) <3

PostPosted: December 4th, 2011, 9:07 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
I would also suggest checking out Chief's "How to Farm" videos on YouTube. I found them extremely helpful when I was trying to figure out how to farm.

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SBbXNcDaCw
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOoC3M2-10I

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm 
Runite Member

Thank you so much :)

PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
^ Was just about to post chiefs guide.
The "Bare minimum" doesn't really include magic secateurs, juju potions, scroll of life, ectophial, explorers 3, lunars, or the trollhiem patch. All those are just to boost your runs by a few seconds each item, or by boosting possibly yields.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 12th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Runite Member