Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: mage training
PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 12:45 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
I am training mage currently, using Earth Surge. Where are some good places to train that can be profitable.

Currently I am doing Steel Dragons, going to do Rock Lobbies for a bit. Any ideas?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 12:45 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: mage training
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 12:23 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: macbeth
Clan Name: rsbandb
I dont see rock lobbies as profitable, however you may want to get ancients and burst or barrage them for excellent exp and summoning charms, no profit however...
I see slayer as the only way to use mage offensively and make a profit... So continue with dragons

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 1:09 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
The wide range of Lunar spells are great ways to implement magic into doing other things besides combat. A popular one is the glass making spell. You can try making orbs and see where that puts you fiscally, but I doubt there are many ways to use magic to make money. There are, however, ways to lose less and are worth your time.

If you have the nats to high alch, I think Runewiki has a list of items currently buying from the GE less than their high alch value, and therefore are profitable. Don't expect to make a bundle though.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 8:10 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: waffle233
I'm pretty sure what your doing is some of the best exp out there! I heard that Fire Surging is like twice the experience of alching a hour. Also, you can break even if you are doing something like Dragons. You could also try slayer like stated before. Why miss out on those exps?