Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: First time being P2P
PostPosted: October 30th, 2010, 5:24 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Ice Blk Drgn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
My stats
Ranged: 47 Const: 62 Strength: 62 Magic: 55

I just redeemed by card for 90 days membership after getting a PM from Jagex about the expiration of the card. The Mod said they expired after 12 months but their info is wrong because my card is more than 12 months old and still worked. So yeah. They lied to me and now it's being used way ahead of schedule >_<

What do I do first? :lol:

Last edited by Ice on October 30th, 2010, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 30th, 2010, 5:24 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: First time being P2P
PostPosted: October 30th, 2010, 5:40 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Raise Thieving to steal seeds then go on your first Farming run.

The best thing would probably be quests.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2010, 7:46 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
I would suggest getting 30-40 in every members skills and doing lots of quests.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2010, 12:45 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Tons of quests (especially the easy ones first), then balance out your levels like Dog said, then focus on w/e (moneymaking, powerleveling, etc.) The P2P world is your orange. Go and squeeze it to death.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 4th, 2010, 5:32 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
I would agree with shane, go for thieving and farming first. You get plenty of thieving xp while collecting seeds for farming. Focus on farming marigolds and the highest lvl herb you can plant. Sell the marigolds and use the money for something like toadflax seeds, which you should start planting once your lvl 38.

Farming has such great rewards in xp and gold, for the little bit of time you have to spend on it.

Tip: while thieving seeds in draynor, thieve the wine stall as well. The jugs of wine are great for some cheap healing, and, if you get a jug of water and grapes from the stall, combine them to make wine for some quick cooking xp.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2010, 7:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: meatwad3
RS Status: Classic
I remember thieving and agility as my favorite skill. I'd raise member stats and do member quests. After I'd probably have some fun at duel arena or wilderness. I heard their is a trade limit now though, so I'm not sure how fun it is anymore.

I love Taco's!!!Image

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 4th, 2010, 7:44 pm 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: November 6th, 2010, 10:03 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Lol well PvP would be nothing like you remember it, Zach. When they put the trade limit in (of like ±3k every 15 minutes I think although members might have been ±30k, now its kind of higher depending how how long the trader has been on your friends list and your quest points - not anything large though), they also removed player vs player combat in the wilderness and replaced the thrill of that with revenants (strong monsters) instead. But after many additions to PvP, there is a sense (there are more additions to that PvP than there was in the old wildy) of PvP in the wilderness but it's restricted to a few worlds where the map is just edgeville and the wildy. But that is P2P and F2P.
And with the wilderness removal they made the duel arena F2p (trade limits apply to stakes btw) so it's probably nothing incredibly new to her, I guess new equipment though.

I guess there would be many quests that would help in everyday playing that you should do. Maybe you should do a few to see how members quests are because with what F2P has as quests, I don't think they know much about what RuneScape quests are. But skills are better. I would rather do skills personally. Don't train farming, herblore, or summoning of the start, though. Not to say don't do Druidic Ritual or Wolf Whistle, but don't focus on those skills. Well maybe use the gold charm reward from Wolf Whistle to get to around 20 summoning. But after that just stockpile your herbs and seeds and charms you get from drops or whatever for when you have a pile you can use. What I am actually saying is don't focus on training those skills - train them to like level 10 or whatever to see what they're like but just don't focus on them because it's better when you have the supplies... unless you plan on buying herbs and seeds... but I wouldn't at that level, unless it's cheap. Unless you find it fun or want a house or just want construction levels, don't assume the money it costs to train construction is worth it, unless you have lots.

You could also try a few minigames.

I can't remember all the useful quests but like these would be some:
Fishing contest will give you access to the underground tunnel under whitewolf mountain (lol i put importance on this because when I was first member I wasn't high enough level to go over the mountain without getting killed by the wolves and had too low of a mage level to even tele to cammy so doesn't really matter for you)
Do priest in peril if you want to get access to anything past the river salve (canifis, mort myre, barrows, port physmatys, slayer tower)
Lost city will get you access to Zanaris and ability to use dragon longsword and dagger
Heroes quest will give you access to Hero's guild -> ability to charge amulets of glory (you should get a amulet of glory and charge it for the teleports btw can tele to like Draynor, Edgeville, Musa Point, Al Kharid) also gives you ability to use dragon mace and battle axe but they're of no particular interest
Monkey Madness if you aren't happy with a dragon longsword -> gives ability to use dragon scimitar and some experience (just don't try to melee the boss lmfao)
Tree Gnome Village will give you spirit tree teleportation... kind of useful depending
Grand Tree will give you gnome gliders, they're pretty useful transportation depending
Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whistle -> will allow you to train herb and summon respectively and give you level 4 in each.
The Plague City quest series story line is considered one of the best storylines apparently so you might want to idk if it's actually good but sure does bring back nostalgia
oh yeah speaking of nostalgia, Gertrude's Cat will let you get a cat as a pet

IDK cant think of anymore but theres lots lol
There are lots of quests that give xp lamps as rewards. It takes out of the fun of first training a skill but if you really don't want to you can do those to get your member skills higher than 1 without training

PostPosted: November 10th, 2010, 10:05 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
Clan Name: Tmoa
I'd go get some easy agility levels first, it's a fun skill to train (at least below level 70) and it's very useful as you can run significantly longer with 50 agility compared to level 1.
Many people seem to enjoy slayer quite a bit as well, so you might wanna give that a try.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2010, 2:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Snitchblade
Go train your new skills! Do some quests, and explore!