Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blue Screen When Opening a Program
PostPosted: April 29th, 2014, 7:23 pm 
Iron Member

RS Status: P2P
Hey, so some of you are good at knowing things. If you are, then this is definitely the thread for you. Or it's not if you don't want it to be. I don't really care either way.

So when I try to open Revit on my laptop, the loading thing comes up as normal. And it loads... until it's about to open the actual program. And then I blue screen.
If I turn off all the visual settings for the appearance of windows (as in "adjust for best performance") I'm actually able to open the program and a model, but then the graphics display driver crashes soon enough.

It used to work fine which was disappointing when it started doing this considering Revit on the computers at school is at least twice as slow. That was when it was working on my computer, but then again the school computers had their own display driver problems in the last few weeks. This isn't urgent because school is over now and I managed through the last few weeks. But it would still be nice to be able to do stuff at home now.

I have tried stuff, but if you want to reply, assume I didn't just in case I missed something obvious.

Thanks in advance if someone replies. And thanks if you read this haha

p.s. I had dropped my laptop from a top locker a few months ago but Revit worked fine for a few weeks after that and there were no noticeable problems afterwards.

Image as of may 5 2015 6:55:35 pm EDT / 10:55:35 GMT
achieved in: 396 days 9 hours 11 minutes 24 sceonds

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 29th, 2014, 7:23 pm 
Iron Member

Post subject: Re: Blue Screen When Opening a Program
PostPosted: May 5th, 2014, 2:23 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I'm not familiar with that particular program, however with all Blue Screen crashes usually the blue screen gives you an error code. That usually helps in diagnosing what is causing the malfunction. Could be graphics drivers, but it could also be a hardware problem (perhaps a problem with the graphics card itself, or even a bad area of RAM). Try a google search for the exact error code that appears when it blue screens to give you a hint. Perhaps others have the same issue.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

Post subject: Re: Blue Screen When Opening a Program
PostPosted: May 7th, 2014, 7:34 pm 
Iron Member

Haha thanks, I noticed that but never thought of looking it up. For whatever reason.
I'll try that the next time I feel inclined to blue screen.

Image as of may 5 2015 6:55:35 pm EDT / 10:55:35 GMT
achieved in: 396 days 9 hours 11 minutes 24 sceonds