Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eragon series ending.
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 6:05 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Ablazin Scar
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Ablazin cc
http://www.alagaesia.com/
Final book comes out in 3 hours. I'll get it after I read Brisingr, but it's boring to me. I get bored around the 100th page and re-start later. Anyone getting it?

Image[/center]

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 6:05 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: Eragon series ending.
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 9:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I'm getting it because I once enjoyed Eragon. Maybe Eldest too. I got Brisngr around when it came out and had read it a quarter of the way and stopped.

I don't think it's that great anymore but I'll get Inheritance just to finish it.
I recently re-read Eragon and Eldest and read and finished Brisngr a few days ago.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 11:06 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I know this is about it ending, but I've never read them myself. I've heard they are really good books. They worth reading? Anyone else suggest them?

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 11:22 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
don't watch the movie?

it's basically the same story. basically just watch star wars with medieval setting.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 11:49 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Well to a lot (or some? idk) of fantasy fans, the books suck. And to Eragon fans, the movie sucks. Which the movie probably didn't contain one line from the book, had lots removed, and didn't even include key points that would make any of the sequel movies impossible to understand if you haven't read the book. And it gets things wrong from the colour of Eragon's hair to his hunting ability to the personality of one of the main characters.
I don't know if it was just a line the movie threw in or if it was actually in the book, but in the movie it was like "IF THE RIDER DIES THE DRAGON DIES BUT IF THE DRAGON DIES THE RIDER LIVES"... if it actually was in the book then it's a big consistency issue considering Paolini changed his mind on that with the dragon living on if the rider dies in Brisingr but could have easily been the movie just adding random stuff.

Anyways what the people who argue it as bad books is that the story is cut and pasted, which some people say to the point of plagiarism, from other books, most notably star wars and kind of lord of the rings. I think the copying LOTR part has a lot to do with names being so close or even the same as Tolkien names.
Anyways the first one (Eragon) was written by a 15 year old and it's pretty obvious. I saw a quote somewhere that was like, "Thank you Paolini for writing Eragon and getting me into fantasy. And thank you for writing Eldest, making me realize I could write a better book than you." I kind of felt that in my rereading too, but when I was younger I enjoyed it a lot more.
What they also don't like is how he goes into unnecessary detail about the trivialist of things (i.e. if he spent 2 paragraphs describing a blade of grass, it wouldn't be too surprising).

(lol i like on alagaƫsia.com the count"down" to Inheritance is going back up now that it counted all the way down. It's like going back in time............)

-----------
omg so escited!!! (that i saved $8)

PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 1:58 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Ablazin Scar
Clan Name: Ablazin cc
Duke Juker wrote:
I know this is about it ending, but I've never read them myself. I've heard they are really good books. They worth reading? Anyone else suggest them?

The movie wasn't as good as the book to me, not even close. I really liked the first book, the second one got a little boring in the middle, but once you get past that 100-200 pages the rest is good. I haven't been able to get into Brisingr but I would still recommend the series.

Image[/center]

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 1:58 pm 
Mithril Member

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Sky Jace
I didn't even bother to get the last book, my friend spoiled it all for me. Quite frankly, I'm pretty glad I didn't because everything was either predictable or a giant deus ex machina.

Dragon Member #90