Post subject: Favorite Albums?
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 1:04 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Yo, instead of asking ''whot r ur fav bands?'' or ''fav songs?'', I'll go with something more unusual: What is your favorite album?

I felt like posting this because I was talking with some noob and he said ''You know, albums aren't worth much. There's always only 1-2 good songs out of them.''
DUDEEEEEEEE WTF. First, what kind of albums are you getting? I have maybe 2 albums I like only 1-2 songs and that's because I wanted to complete discography of that artist, else I won't have got it. Second, that's the entire point of getting an album...You listen all of them and then, you find the uberly nice ones. But the others are often really good aswell, especially when you pay for them lol.

Well, what are you favorites albums?

If I had to make a top 5, I think it would be...

1. The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
The hell of a good album. It was the first band I discovered, along with Kiss. First album I had was Powerslave, because of the song 2 Minutes To Midnight...BUT I quickly got TNOTB, and I loved it. Self titled track, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Run To The Hills, 22 Acacia Avenue...Wow. On that album, there's 3 tracks that goes on my top favorites songs of all times. It's like a mini compilation to me lol. And I like all the tracks of that album. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son would be my second favorite album from the Irons.

2. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
Three words: Stairway To Heaven. The band's greatest achievement. But it also features brilliants gems such as: Rock N Roll, Going To California and Black Dog. A must-have if you want to be considered a Rock Fan.

3. Destroyer - Kiss
The first track I discovered from Kiss was I Was Made For Loving You, from the album Dynasty. I liked it so much that I got Destroyer. So many great tracks, you have to listen to it to understand.

4. Ride The Lightning - Metallica
Creeping Death made me like Metallica so Ride The Lightning always been my favorite Metallica's album. Ever. It has my favorite track: For Whom The Bells Toll. And I love Fade To Black, Fight Fire With Fire, Trapped Under Ice and Ride The Lightning. Master of Puppets is incredibly close as my favorite album from Metallica.

5. Back In Black - AC/DC
Again, like Led Zep 4, a must-have to be a Rock fan. It's a sad thing that Bon Scott died and didn't feature in that album, but Brian Johnson is a very good replacement. I think all tracks are good. Very good.
(Not going to add much yet, I just got it ;D)

Sooooo, what about you?
(Not obligated to list 5, you can list 1, 2, 3, over 9000, 10 millions, I don't mind.)

Last edited by Iron Maiden on December 4th, 2011, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 1:04 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Favorite Albums?
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:07 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
RS Status: P2P
These used to be called Desert Island picks where you'd pick the 10 albums you have to have if stranded on an island. I meant to stop at 10 but too bad. You're lucky I stopped at all. In no particular order:

• Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    I've probably had a half dozen copies of this in various formats. A close second is Wish You Were Here.
  • Ramones - Ramones
    There are people who wear Ramones t-shirts and people who actually listen to their music. I've been one of the latter for as long as I can remember. Blitzkrieg Bop and Beat on the Brat are classic.
  • *** Pistols - Never Mind the Bullocks
    My favorite punk album. I was all headbanger until I met a girlfriend who was seriously into punk. Changed my world. God Save the Queen, Pretty Vacant, Anarchy in the UK, and Holidays in the Sun are my favorites.
  • Led Zeppelin - IV
    Every.Song.Classic.
  • Guns 'N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    I can't say enough how this album changed the way I listened to music. Rock had felt stale to me for a couple years before this came out. Like a breathe of fresh air.
  • AC/DC - Back In Black
    A cousin had introduced me to Powerage when it first came out but it wasn't until this album that I got it. Lucky enough to see them several times in concert and they always put on a great show.
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
    CCR didn't last very long as a band but for a few short years they were putting out epic album after epic album. Green River, Lodi, and Sinister Purpose are why they made the list.
  • Radiohead - The Bends
    I hated Radiohead when they first came out. Thought they were trendy one-hitters. It wasn't until a decade had gone by and I realized they not only were still around, they were arguably the best musicians I'd ever heard. I think this is when I realized being an elitist snob about music was a useless venture.
  • Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
    It doesn't have my favorite songs on it but as an album it is better (to me) than Nothing Shocking. Three Days has an amazing progression as the song builds. Stop and Been Caught Stealing never fail to get me going.
  • Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    Are you kidding me. There is a reason Sabbath is considered the godfathers of metal. Still stands the test of time mainly because every band after them has copied them.
  • KISS - Alive!
    Not a pure live album considering they did some studio dubs but all their good stuff is here. Alive II isn't bad either but if you see Alive III coming at you, beat it until it dies.
  • Pearl Jam - Ten
    They've got a ton of good music but this one gets the most play time with me. Black and Alive and both amazing songs. I'm glad they decided against naming themselves Mookie Blaylock (big basketball fans) and instead just name this album after his jersey number.
  • Metallica - Master of Puppet
    Definitely my favorite album by Metallica. The earlier ones were good too but didn't have the polish of Puppets. They grew up with this one.
  • The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    I can put this one on loop and listen to it for hours
  • Soundgarden - Louder Than Love
    Very early Soundgarden and I don't think anything on here is mainstream popular but if you were living in Washington at the time you'd understand how epic it was. Lots of raw power here that kind of faded as some of the more popular albums came out.
  • Van Halen - Van Halen
    This was the Appetite For Destruction of the 80's.
  • Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
    My favorite Slayer album. The title track alone explains why Slayer is still going strong. You may not like the genre or the intensity of the music but you can't deny the talent.
  • Nirvana - Nevermind
    There seems to be a hatred of this album for some reason that I don't get. This sent every hair band into retirement and helped legitimize a lot of great Seattle bands. I'm also a big fan of Bleach but it has more of a punk/pop tone that I'm not always in the mood for.
  • Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
    My mom saw this album cover and freaked. The title track has a kind of Black Sabbath N.I.B. feel to it that won't appeal to everyone but looking over the track list, I can't find a song I dislike. My second concert was Iron Maiden on their Piece of Mind tour so I got to hear almost all of these songs live. Good stuff.
  • Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
    Another Seattle band but what do you expect when I lived in Washington most of my life. This is a concept album so if you've never heard it, it tells a story of a revolution and a few of the key players. The Needle Lies and I Don't Believe in Love stand out for me but really its the album as a whole that makes it to this list.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 4:51 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
DUDEEEE, when I read your post, I was:

Wow this list is awesome...It is perf...

Nirvana - Nevermind

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU@!@!@!@!@!@!
They killed hair metal. I liked hair metal. It was cool.

But I love Black Sabbath (Godfathers of Metal, Ozzy is my hero, should have put Paranoid on my top 5 BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD ALBUMS I CANNOT CHOOSE ONLY 5 LOL), CCR, Guns, Slayer, Pink Floyd, The Ramones and VAN HALEN (is awesome!)

I think Judas Priest also deserve a spot, they were pretty influental and I think British Steel was their best album. Yeh BREAKING THE LAW!! But Screaming For Vengeance is also a must. Electriccc eyeeee!

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 5:29 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
British Steel definitely deserved a spot though the list was starting to get long so I just stopped looking.
I liked hair bands too but they needed a wake up call. They were starting to recycle ideas too much and grunge kind of made them evolve a bit. The harder bands out today are better because of it.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 6:36 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: drndog
RS Status: F2P
1. Every AC/DC album ever made.
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. Thriller
4. Flight of the Conchords
5. Nevermind

Plenty of others that I can't think of at the moment.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 9:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I also hate people who just listen to radio played singles.

My Favorite Albums...

I listen to these two albums weekly. It helps with my depression.
They have been the only music lately that I feel a connection with and can relate to.

the only heavy metal band I like and my opinion, one of the best band debut albums ever.

Tom Delonge's band which I'm starting to prefer even to that of Blink182.
Many people didn't give this band a chance since it was formed with the destruction of Blink.
but pull your shades down.. turn off the lights lay down and put this album in.

Only known for their hit "No Rain" which is a shame since they have much better stuff.
They will always be my favorite band. And I prefer their debut rather then the sophomore darker (but still good) album Soup.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Last but certainly not least!

Ou est le Swimming Pool - the Golden Year

It was their only album, released a few weeks after frontman Charles Haddon tragically committed suicide.
The only synths band I like. And I don't like them.. I love them.
I had to order this cd on amazon.. couldn't find it in any stores here.
there is only 1 song on it that I don't like.
And I wonder how big this band may.. or may not have gotten.

My favorite album of all time.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 9:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 4:04 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
Sunset Fish wrote:
Angels & Airwaves - We don't need to whisper.

Tom Delonge's band which I'm starting to prefer even to that of Blink182.
Many people didn't give this band a chance since it was formed with the destruction of Blink.
but pull your shades down.. turn off the lights lay down and put this album in.

Max respect just for that! AvA is my favorite band of all time (Please refer to forum avatar)! I love that album. However, I think my favorite album of theirs is I-Empire. I have tons of favorite albums. I need to sit down when I am less busy and write them all down. For personal reasons and to share here!

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 5:43 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Disheartened
Sad Memory-DJ Morrow
:P i haven't released it yet but i'll will be awesome!

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 11:51 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Quote:
(Sunset Fish) I also hate people who just listen to radio played singles.

I guess you hat me SunsetFish, I don't really listen to full albums just tend to hear specific songs then look 'em up. :|

ImageImage

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 2:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Dothal Detra
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Irenic
I agree with pretty much everything posted so far as awesome albums. I also agree with your view of people who don't listen to albums. I can't count how many times I hear things like "let me see your iPod" then "Why so many albums, you could have gotten tons of songs" and then "YOU LISTEN TO ALBUMZZZZ WAT?"

Of what hasn't been posted so far (because seeing Zep IV for 8 pages would get boring)

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness- One of my favorite albums of all times, by one of my favorite bands of all time, Smashing Pumpkins

Bossanova- The Pixies. Filled with awesome tracks, can't find one I don't like, and Allison is the best 1 minute pop song of all time

AB III- Alter Bridge. It may not be the best rock, but its one of my favorite recently released rock albums

Up the Bracket- Libertines. Need I say more?

Who's Next - The Who. Awesome album, barely better than Quadrophenia in my opinion

The Wall- Pink Floyd. I like rock operas

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2012, 11:17 pm 
Runite Member

Location: Doing weird experiments on people with the man in the hat(XKCD) br
RS Name: Exile Q
For me in no particular order:

The song remains the same - Led Zepplin

Falling into Infinity - Dream Theater
Screw it, every Dream Theater album that exists

The Browncoats Mixtape - Adam WarRock

Legend - Bob Marley

Guitar Heaven - Carlos Santana

both "Awake" and "Comatose" - Skillet

Maroon - Barenaked Ladies

if I can think of more that also haven't been mentioned above, then I'll add....

A Kid asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" and Jesus said. "This much." And spread his arms out on the cross and died. If you believe that he did this for you put this in your signature.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 4:57 am 
BANNED

Dangers By Michael Jackson

koncrete By Akon

The Fame By Lady Gaga

LoliPoP By Lill Wayne

These are my favorite albums :)

PostPosted: August 21st, 2013, 5:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

I have some more to add to my list.

The Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come

Everclear - So Much for the Afterglow

Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory?

Jane's Addiction - Nothings Shocking

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 3:58 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Affirmation - Savage Garden

In love with this album.
No guilt.
Always have in it my stereo. (holds multiple discs)

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 3:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds - always sends shivers down my spine listening to it.

Mike Oldfield's Tubulur Bells - I just dirft into nowhere listening to this one.

All the early Queen albums - but if I have to pick one it would Be Jazz.

Jethro Tull's Heavy Horses.

There's a long long list.

But lately I've been listening to Emelia Mituki's I belong to You.

Lately it's been

ImageImage