Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Rate This Update
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
2 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 2
 Post subject: 29 August 2017 - Achievements | Timed Hiscores
PostPosted: August 29th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
We've got a couple of doozies for you today: the Achievement update, and a relaunch of Seasonal Hiscores.

Balthazar's Big Raffle has already kicked off, so get involved and claim some of those glorious prizes. But for now, read on and find out what's on offer today.

Achievements

We've improved the UI with a slick new layout and a streamlined user flow. That includes a host of new Paths to guide players through Gielinor.

We've also introduced RuneScore, which calculates the sum of your achievements. You can send this to your friends and use to measure your performance against other players.

If you're feeling competitive, simply right click on your friends and select compare. Want to check out the RuneScore of someone you're not friends with? Assuming their settings allow for it, you can now right click and examine. And don't worry: if you're feeling shy, you can always amend your privacy.

Next up, we've bulked out the list of things to do with loads of new achievements - particularly those focused around PvM - plus a new subcategory to help you navigate.

We have new achievements for minigames too, as well as some more playful, miscellaneous ones. Do take a look, and stay tuned for further updates in the future.

Hiscores relaunch

We're relaunching our seasonal hiscores, including six all-new timed ones, and titles to match:

Queen Black Dragon - fastest kill time
Dragonracer[name]

Araxxi (solo) - fastest kill time
Arachnofoe[name]

Nex (solo)- fastest kill time
Nexpert [name]

Telos (200% + enrage) - fastest kill time
Animaster[name]

Fastest dungeon (solo, medium dungeon, complexity 6, no guide mode, max bonus rooms)
Dungeon Speedster[name]

Fastest group dungeon (five people, large dungeon, complexity 6, no guide mode, max bonus rooms)
Speedy Dungeoneer[name]

How it works:

• Each of the hiscores will run for seven days, and recur over eight weeks in total.
  • The winner of each hiscore will receive the Supreme title, the crown of supremacy and the hiscore unique title in gold.
  • The top 100 players for each hiscore will receive the hiscore unique title in silver.
  • There are now icons in-game that provide details of active hiscores you can compete for. These will appear both on the instance creation interface for bosses and the Dungeoneering starter interface.
This is the first time we've done timed hiscores, and we hope you enjoy them. Let us know what you think on the forums!

Patch Notes

Achievements and Timed Hiscores have required the full focus of our developers and testers this week. As such, the great majority of today's released content is already discussed above, and the patch notes are much lighter than usual.

Nonetheless, you can check out this week's patch notes in the usual place.

Dev Blog | Mining & Smithing

Check out last week's Dev Blog to find out how you can have your say on the high-level Mining & Smithing update.

Enjoy!

See you in game, guys. We hope you enjoy the new updates!

The RuneScape Team

This week's streams

Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Q&A. Watch now!
Sunday, September 3rd| 19:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee
Mod Lee will be hosting some Community PvM goodness live on Twitch.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 29th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 29 August 2017 - Achievements | Timed Hiscores
PostPosted: August 29th, 2017, 11:06 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: JessePinkman
Clan Name: The Cafe
Thank god they finally fixed the achievement interface. The old one was such a pain to work with.

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

653rd to 120 Divination
550th to 200m Divination

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 6:48 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I'm glad to see the Seasonal Hiscores finally coming back..
but want to see something that's not.. Boss wise. Or heavy combat.
I want the lame ones to come back like herbs planted X or Imp kills.

Something random like, you wouldn't do this if it wasn't a competition.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 1:28 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
People still kill imps for the champion scroll, but yeah I agree.

I hate the new interface. I THINK white means I did it, red means I cant and gray means I can but I didnt? Idk it is so confusing.