Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Rate This Update
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
3 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
2 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
2 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
1 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
1 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 10
 Post subject: 16 March 2015 - Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes...
PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 1:42 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes | Pyramid Plunder

RuneScape.com wrote:
The Ninjas have been sprucing up skillcapes and polishing Pyramid Plunder in today's two graphical updates.

Chameleon extract is the latest addition at Solomon's Store – a marvellous substance that lets you change your character's skin colour.

Finally, we've got some further details of the Questival - a lore-tastic fortnight of community events, starting today.

Read on for more information!

Skillcapes

Last year, a poll passed to update skillcapes, and in the follow-up poll, you opted for a full overhaul to their design.

As of today, the iconic capes have a whole new look:

There's an added feature, too, as the hood traditionally bundled with the capes can be attached to the cape, so it shows hanging at the back. You can – of course – detach the hood, if you'd prefer to wear it as usual.

Pyramid Plunder

The Ninjas have also turned their attention to Pyramid Plunder, giving the minigame an updated environment, complete with moody, atmospheric lighting. A fresh embalming's done the guardian mummy the world of good, too:

Solomon's Store – Chameleon Extract

Time for a bold new look? A few dabs of chameleon extract might be just the ticket – available today at Solomon's Store!

Each pot of extract gives you one skin colour change, which lasts until you visit the Makeover Mage to undo it. There are a range of hues to choose from, too – 23 in total, from striking red to subtle violet.

Questival

If you're excited about the 200th Quest, Dimension of Disaster - coming later this month - we've got just the thing for you. Two weeks of quest-related awesomeness: welcome to Questival!

There'll be exclusive competitions and prizes, events, Q&A sessions, videos, and more – kicking off with a cool new title! During the two weeks, you'll be able to pick up 'The Prepared' title if you've completed all the requirements for the 200th Quest, namely:

So – get prepared! Find a Shield of Arrav partner, if you need one. This title will only be available for the next two weeks, so hurry!

There's information on what we'll be doing coming tomorrow – there'll certainly be something for everybody.

Enjoy!

Have fun with today's visual improvements, and tell us what you think over on the forums.

EDIT: Okay! We heard you, the old capes are on their way back with an option to toggle between the updated an retro version. We’re working on it now, and it should be available in a couple of weeks!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

• The Nexus prayer training activity is now available for free players.
  • Take a survey for our friends at Bangor University's School of Psychology for a chance to win a year’s membership.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 1:42 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 16 March 2015 - Ninja Graphical Updates | Skillcapes...
PostPosted: March 17th, 2015, 5:10 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Its Arceus
RS Status: F2P
They make the Nexus F2P two years later when it probably should have been F2P content on release date. Oh well, maybe I'll even check it out :D.

However, they ruined skillcapes including making my untrimmed firemaking cape on another look absolutely horrible! At least they've promised us some sort of toggle or override back to the old design in the near future. Today they pretty much added on 'lol whoops, we totally screwed up the colors on top of everything else.' Oh well :roll: !

PostPosted: March 17th, 2015, 6:42 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Imperialias
With a bit of tweaks and fine tuning, the skillcapes will be a nice change. Their execution of that little project was not the greatest, but I really like all the rest of the updates.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2015, 10:39 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
The skill capes are... ok.
I expected better though. (don't know why)
I don't hate them as much as my friend does but what I do despise which I haven't seen people talking about
is the way the capes look in the bank.

That is what I want fixed.
My capes sitting in my cape bank tab are microscopic. If they can fix that then I will be fine with the new designs.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 3:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
At first I really didnt like the skillcape update, im sort of getting used to it now.

They look absolute awful in the bank, I cant tell which skillcape is what and the hoods look stupid.

I like the fact you can finally put you hood onto your skillcape and I hope they keep that when they bring back the override for the older skillcape models.

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: March 27th, 2015, 1:47 am 
Bronze Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
I like the penult !! Purple is my favourite!!!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 27th, 2015, 1:47 am 
Bronze Member