Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Please rate this news post
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
4 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
5 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
5 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 4
 Post subject: 19 January 2015 - Hati & Sköll - The Wolf Pack Returns
PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 10:28 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Image wrote:
Hati and Sköll are back for a whole wintery month. Hunt them down for rich XP rewards and - if you don’t already have them - some ice-cool cosmetic items.

If you've hunted the beasts before, it'll all be quite familiar. The main change is that the XP rewards are now given as a combination of normal XP and Bonus XP.

If you're new, or just need a reminder, read on. There are three things you can do:

Hunt Down Hati

Hati - the legendary wolf of Fremennik legend - can be found wandering the woods south-east of Rellekka.

He's tough, and his attacks accurate, but work together and you'll take him down. Anyone who contributes to the fight will be eligible for loot when the wolf howls his last.

There's a high chance that he'll drop Hati paws - cosmetic gloves that can be clicked to claim normal and Bonus XP in your choice of combat skill. He can also drop a cosmetic hood and cloak, if you don't already have those.

Summon Sköll

Sköll is Hati's wilier sibling, and must be lured to Gielinor by adding logs to the bonfire, west of Rellekka's entrance.

Once 120 logs are added to the fire (across all worlds, including all players) Sköll will show his face. Like Hati, you may need help to defeat him, but anyone who contributes - be it in combat or by adding logs - will be able to loot him when he falls.

He can drop Sköll boots - which grant normal and Bonus XP in Agility or Woodcutting when clicked - and a cosmetic amulet, if you don't have it.

Find Eir's Gear

Eir is a Valkyrie who's sure that the Sixth Age is the End of Things. She's also lost her helmet and spear, and needs your help to get them back.

Defeat Hati or Sköll - or harvest enriched wisps at the colony south-east of Rellekka - for a chance to get one of these items. Repeating these actions will get you duplicates, so to collect Eir's gear you'll need to:

• Get two of one type of item (helmet or spear)
  • Trade with another player for the other

Once you've got both, speak to Eir by the Golden Apple Tree. You'll get a chunk of normal and Bonus XP in your choice of Prayer or Divination, plus cosmetic overrides of Eir's helmet and spear, if you don't have them from last year.

Enjoy!

Hati and Sköll are here until the 19th of February, so be sure to get your rewards before then.

Please note: if you have unclaimed Bonus XP on gloves or boots from a previous year, be sure to claim if before participating in this year's event - otherwise, it will be lost.

Have fun, and join the discussion over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

Read the patch notes for other updates released today.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 19th, 2015, 10:28 am 

Post subject: Re: 19 January 2015 - Hati & Sköll - The Wolf Pack Returns
PostPosted: January 20th, 2015, 7:58 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Its Arceus
RS Status: F2P
RuneLabs is here...and I'm sure we'll see plenty more silly suggestions but here is one to start off :roll: .

PostPosted: January 20th, 2015, 8:35 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Actually, I've thought that to myself a number of times. I genuinely hope that a bunch of the suggestions look like this; they're small things that are easy to do that will improve minor aspects. I genuinely don't think RuneLabs will have suggestions for "here's how the next grandmaster quest will go," instead it will be more of little improvements such as allowing somebody to type in their bank PIN instead of clicking it. I think the community has overthought and overhyped RuneLabs expecting it to create the biggest content of the year. Yes, there will be 6 major updates from RuneLabs, but will they be decent? Only time will tell.

As for Hati and Sköll, I would like to note the DRASTIC change in bonus xp. First off, you gain somewhere around 25% of the granted bonus xp as regular xp. Last year, I gained roughly 75k in Divination (which was around level 30 at the time) and around 980k in Woodcutting (which was level 92). This year, Divination gained around 140k bonus xp (being at level 95) and Woodcutting gaining somewhere around 160k bonus xp (with it being at 99). I don't remember the exact numbers from the paws, but it followed a similar pattern.

EDIT: I've just taken a look at some of the other RuneLabs suggestions.. Some of them remind me of the Rants forum. Some of them have decent ideas, and once every 10 pages or so you'll find a great idea, but for most of them.. They feel like filler.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2015, 7:19 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
Very first page on Runelabs. I see one of Trekkie's.
Couldn't stay for long, as a lot of the idea I saw were,
well.. painful to read.

If you can't use proper grammar then how could you be taken seriously?

As far as the return of Hati and Skoll.
As I always feel (and probably say)
To op for 5 minutes of work.