Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Rate This Update
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
3 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 2
 Post subject: 15 December 2014 - Snowboarding & Tirannwn Task Set
PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 4:59 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
Explore the Elven Lands to complete the Tirannwn Task Set and enjoy some extreme snowboarding action, today in RuneScape.

Read of for full details!

Tirannwn Task Set

Over 50 new elf-tastic Tasks are now yours to complete throughout Isafdar, the Underground Pass, the Poison Waste and Prifddinas itself.

Spanning four difficulty tiers, some are as simple entering Arandar Pass wearing Mourner gear or banking a shark in the Elf Camp, and others are as tough as reaching wave 15 in Gold or Platinum Rush of Blood or accessing the Max Guild. There's skilling and killing aplenty, and the Tasks are sure to keep you busy for some time.

The reward item for this Task Set is a RuneScape first: a quiver-slot item that's useful for all combat styles, and while skilling.

As you complete the Easy, Medium, Hard and Elite tiers, it'll grant increased damage against creatures local to Tirannwn, an expanding list of teleports, and loads of skilling and convenience boosts when worn.

There are permanent benefits to be earned too, such as a limestone buyer, daily free skilling materials, a chance to not use charges on your crystal weapons, and more. Of course - last but not least - there are hefty XP lamps too.

Have fun - and enjoy an elfy dose of traditional Task Set puns while you're at it!

Mod Maz
Queen of Squirrels

Festive Cheer - Snowboarding

Free players and members

The Queen of Snow's shown up in Lumbridge crater, with a frosty face at what should be a festive time. She's missing some rogue snow elementals, and needs you to follow her clues, find them and melt them down.

Once you've done that she'll reward you with a snowboard, which you can use to enjoy some winter sporting action.

To start, right-click the Queen to access the snowboarding ramp, then click the gnome jumpship to start snowboarding. Spend energy to perform tricks as you go down, collecting presents on the way - the better you do, the more rep points you'll earn. You'll also earn some festive cheer.

Rep points can be used to upgrade your snowboard visually across five tiers, so it looks cooler as you display it on your back. There are five tiers to upgrade through - and members can upgrade beyond that to unlock shark, snowman and skull designs.

There's also a grind ramp in Lumbridge crater, which you can slide and balance your way along for festive cheer and a small helping of Agility XP.

All of our Festive Cheer winter events are now open, and will stay available for the rest of December. Unlock all your awesome winter rewards, if you haven't already!

Mod Chris L

Enjoy!

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News

Two new seasonal hiscores start today: Number of Deaths (excluding safe minigames) and Clue Scrolls Completed.
  • The following now reset at midnight UTC similar to other dailies:
    • Catherby pineapples
    • Catherby seaweed
    • Prifddinas crystal tree
  • The following now reset at Wednesday midnight UTC similar to other weeklies:
    • Free raw bacon/pouches
    • Tears of Guthix
    • Hanky points

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 4:59 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 15 December 2014 - Snowboarding & Tirannwn Task Set
PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 7:16 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Its Arceus
RS Status: F2P
Snowboarding with a friend was a hell of a lot of fun, props for making this F2P Jagex!

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 8:12 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
What about the task set rewards? Anyone shocked?

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 7:57 am 
Adamantite Member

Anything in particular you found surprising about the rewards? I'm no expert but I see a bunch of small boosts and a few conveniences...anything major or special you were thinking of?

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 12:02 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I've actually heard a few people saying that the task rewards are underwhelming. In all honesty, they do seem a little weak considering what they're supporting. They talked about how there would be skilling benefits from the rewards, but they are minimal at best. I would like to be clear that I don't think the rewards are bad, not at all; they're just a little lackluster compared to what they could have been.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2014, 9:39 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: Bxpprod
Clan Name: Afrobros
Couple of painful tasks - especially if you don't have Iban's staff still. READ GUIDES. Seriously.
Would it be nice if there were more decent rewards? Yes. But, it seems to be on par with most of the other crap we get.

Don't forget to see explorer jack for cash after doing them

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 17th, 2014, 9:39 pm 
Iron Member

PostPosted: December 17th, 2014, 10:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Think the snowboarding could be better. I don't like that you have to choose one and only one design and if you want to change your mind, you have to grind again. Hate that crap. But, I got an agility level out of it so not a lot of complaints here.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: December 18th, 2014, 8:01 am 
Adamantite Member

Really? My impression was that you unlocked all 3 and then you were done with it. How do you suppose people will get to pick or swap after the event is removed? Anyway I'm F2P so I guess I'll have to be content with my useless tier-5 snowboard collecting dust in the bank. Oh well, the snowboarding was a blast.