Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Rate This Update
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
1 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
2 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
2 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
3 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
3 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
4 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
4 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
5 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
5 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Total votes: 26
 Post subject: 30 April 2012 - The Runespan
PostPosted: April 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
At Runefest 2011’s You Be the Judge session, attendees chose a new Runecrafting training method from a choice of 5 potential updates. As promised, today sees the release of a brand-new Runecrafting training method: the Runespan.

The Runespan is an arcane plane of floating islands and wild magic, making it the ideal place for an evolution in Runecrafting training. You can siphon runes from the creatures that inhabit the Runespan, and from elemental nodes that manifest across its vast expanse.

Doing so will grant you runes (as well as a healthy stream of Runecrafting XP, of course), which can be used to activate the transport platforms installed by the wizards of the Runecrafting Guild. The further you traverse the Runespan, the higher the value of the runes you can craft, and the XP you gain from doing so.

While you’re training, you’ll also have the chance to take part in two new D&Ds:

Stranded wizards: You’ll always be able to return to your starting point within the Runespan, but some hapless hedge-wizards aren’t so well-prepared. Occasionally, a stranded wizard will call out for aid, and you’ll have the chance to help him home by bringing him the runes he needs. The grateful mage will no doubt have some Runecrafting experience to share with you for the favour.

Runespheres: Occasionally, a runesphere – a conduit for pure, runic energy – will manifest within the Runespan. Siphoning from its outer shell is not only excellent training in its own right, but will also provide you with rune dust. Piercing through the layers of the runesphere will be hard, and you’ll need the help of others to get through before the runesphere dissipates, but break through and you’ll be able to combine the dust with the sphere’s glowing core for a big XP reward.

The Runecrafting Guild claims ownership over the Runespan, and it’s only through their portals that the plane can be accessed. As such, you’ll have to hand in any runes crafted in the Runespan when you exit. You’ll be reimbursed in points, which can be spent in Wizard Finix’s shop on some unique rewards, many of which help traditional runecrafting in Gielinor. These include robes that enhance the wicked hood when purchased; recolouring options for the wicked hood and robes; staves which hold spell charges and absorb hostile spells; and a degradable pouch that can hold up to 18 rune or pure essence. You’ll also be able to spend points on Esteem ranks, which unlock icons to customise your wicked robe set.

How to access the Runespan:

Speak to Wizard Finix in the Wizards’ Tower.
There are three levels to the Runespan. Everyone can reach the first level and a small part of the second, but you must be a member for full access to the second and third levels.
Mod Pi

In Other News

Trimmed completionist cape wearers will now need to attain the highest Esteem rank possible from training in the Runespan (rank 1) in order to wear their cape.
Over the next week, you'll find lily of the valley growing across the grassy areas of RuneScape.
Point gain in the Flash Powder Factory was slightly lower than intended, and has now been increased by approximately 10%.

Original post: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/the-runespan

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 30 April 2012 - The Runespan
PostPosted: May 1st, 2012, 12:53 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jer99
All I have to say is

If you lag out during a runesphere, you won't get any more dust.

2/5

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 8:29 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Considering I had decided last month that May was going to be the month I concentrated on levelling up my Runecrafting, this update was perfect timing. And all I can say is... WOW!!!! I cannot believe how quick the xp rate is in comparison to law rune running. Plus the fact that the new area looks fantastic makes this my update of the year. I have only been playing for a year and still love the game, so I didn't mind runecrafting in small blocks, but i have spent literally hours in this training area. Thumbs up Jagex!!

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 10:38 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
This isnt a bad update. I think there could be a lot more things added to the minigame to make it more interactive, but still. Its nice to afk RC.

I also think the rewards are neat. I am saving up for full Wicked :3

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 11:20 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Not much to it after a while but great xp. One noticeable thing is also the fact there's more chat going on between players here than I've seen anywhere in ages. Much more like it used to be and a welcome return.

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
More excited about the return of the spring lilies of the valley. Honestly.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:28 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
Best update in a while..... I cannot find one thing that I do not like about this update

5/5

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:42 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
As you mentioned in the other thread about prices, this should make Runecrafting more profitable if fewer people are going out to craft runes. Good way to make Runecrafting more valuable and balance out the supply of runes being created and sold.

As for the update, I really like it. It's great from the F2p side of things. 5/5

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 8:08 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Very useful but it's OP. Plus your gettting way more experience from doing something that's semi-AFKable rather than something that isn't, they should've also just boosted experience given from classic RCing, although this is very useful. (Phoenix Odin mad) Between the usefulness and the actual impact on the game I would give it a 3.5 but since there isn't one I'm going to be a Negative Nancy and give it a
3/5

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 4:30 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Monstermas22
Clan Name: Skillah_Kings
Finally got me runecrafting again. Made me get off my lazy duff and actually train the skill and get that Kara elite task done.

Furthermore, the wicked set is a good replacement for the agil top/legs for those without the levels to obtain them.

5/5.

Dragon Left half drops: 14
Most Recent: 1/24/11 (Black Demon task; Kuradal)

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 4:38 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Avid43
It's a great update for me as RC is my lowest skill and this seems like a much better/more enjoyable way for me to level it. :D

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 2:42 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: RoyalForce
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Teh pwnage
I think it's good they made part of it f2p as well.

4/5

They see me trollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling
Trying to catch me trollin dirty

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 5:15 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Well, got me to do 99 RC, something I thought would take forever.

ImageImage