Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!
PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Quote:
15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

We’re proud to present advance details of our completely overhauled website, which will launch at next week’s update, with loads of new features and a community-editable wiki at its core!

As announced and shown in November’s Behind the Scenes, the website will have a distinctive new look, including a brand new RuneScape logo, a darkly cool colour palette and a thorough re-structuring of the front page, putting up-to-the-minute information to the fore.

One exciting addition is an all-new Events section, where our Community teams will be able to advertise events and direct you straight to them with ease, using integrated calendars, mark-able maps and a wealth of other fantastic features.

The news section, in particular, has been streamlined, with increased prominence on the page, and the integration of other news sections. Dev Blogs, for example, no longer hide behind the main news feed and can be seen right alongside other news articles.

The old manual has been transplanted into a new, wiki-based format and will form the core of the new website. With the exception of a few key pages maintained solely by Jagex staff, these pages can be edited, and visual assets can be uploaded, by RuneScape account holders who meet certain baseline requirements. In you, we have an amazing community, from those with a decade of RuneScape experience and knowledge to fresh new faces, and with this change we’re empowering all of you to pool that RuneScape nous for the community to use.

We’ve made these changes, and a whole range of others, to make the new website a slick, convenient resource for the whole RuneScape community, but you’ll have to wait until next week to see the finished result!

The RuneScape Team

In Other News...

- Along with the release of the new website, we will be making hi-scores a members-only feature.

This is for a number of reasons, but the main one is to keep them fresh. We want the hiscores to feature players who will compete with each other, tooth and nail, for hiscore glory. There are many dormant accounts within the hiscores that have not played for a very long time, and this will give new arrivals in Gielinor a shot at hiscore fame alongside the grizzled veterans on equal terms for all.

We want the hiscores to reflect the full range of content that RuneScape has to offer, and hope that they will be a big draw to the full, members’ game for those interested in high-level RuneScape competition on a level playing field.

- We’re pushing back the Wilderness graphics update mentioned in Behind The Scenes, so it’ll no longer be out in November. We’re sorry about this, but it‘s necessary in order to schedule in some of our upcoming anti-bot measures.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: 15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!
PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 10:49 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
This sounds exciting- especially the anti bot measures and the new website. :)

I can't wait until next week. :)

PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 3:08 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: xB L A Z 3x
Cant wait to finally be in the hiscores for all my 30+ lvls :3 hehehehe

[spoiler][/spoiler]

PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 1:56 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Well, I won't use the f-word, but I will say I extremely hate you Jagex to the point it makes me sick. The page update is good, but to make hiscores members only? It's like saying "You can't be on the high scores if you don't give us money, even if you are better than most members in your skills." Basically, they keep giving free players the middle finger. Complete and utter crap from the back side of a bull. Why couldn't you just only display hiscores for people who have played in the last 3 months or 6 months rather than just reserving it to members? F2Pers work harder than members to skill and have less to work with meaning it takes more time. I'm glad you pander to the interests of your members, Jagex. I understand getting more bang for your buck and paying for more content, but the hiscores have always been there for anyone. Please pull your heads out of your posteriors and actually use your brains for once.

Rating: -2/5

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 6:17 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
I hope these anti-bot updates keep coming. I'll gladly wait on content if it means bots continue to be locked out.