Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'Crawl' -- Menaphos Library submission
PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:00 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Thieves
RS Status: P2P
My Menaphos library submission:

If I may begin by apologizing for my terrible handwriting, my left hand still doesn’t possess nearly the same level of dexterity my right used to but alas, my meeting with Icthlarin approaches and this papyrus is all I have to take my mind off this pain.

As a thief on these streets since a boy, I have known many a brother lose a hand upon being caught by the thief-takers of this great city and if I’m honest, I hadn’t any qualms with this punishment, until now.

For the first time since suffering this punishment, for whatever reason, I’ve started feeling my right hand again. I can feel the intricacies of the patterned tiles under my fingertips as it crawls around wherever it is. I can also feel every searing pin *****, every hammer swing and every razor-sharp blade strike against my exposed knuckles.

By my count, I have but two finger nails remaining on my lost hand. The agony of waiting for which to be pulled next from my fingertips is worse than any other pain I’ve experienced to date. My skin now greys and my breath grows weaker… What is happening?

It had recently come to our attention that the physicians of Menaphos have been paying the city guard per right hand, and last week our scouts ambushed two strange Magicians riding a caravan containing nothing but enormous hands.

Whatever this is, the physicians or the Magicians must hold the answers.

Farewell my Ibis brothers,

D.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:00 am 
Steel Member

Post subject: Re: 'Crawl' -- Menaphos Library submission
PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:40 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Very fitting. Hope it makes it in :)