Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Update to Skilling Pets and Skilling XP
PostPosted: February 7th, 2017, 6:18 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
So, we heard a while ago about introducing a prestiging system into the game for skills and naturally all the high level completionists began throwing tantrums about it. Another idea that was thrown out there by Mod Osborne was to look at siphoning xp off into an npc or a pet as an alternative idea to a prestige system, which sounded like a really cool idea. This would satisfy those with the outdated idea of the high scores table meaning anything the majority of players, since they have no hope of ever seeing themselves on the first page and is a waste of time, in a lot of players minds.

This led me to think, since we now have actual skilling pets in game, and a lot of players who have 200 mill xp in skills they really enjoyed, but can no longer feel the satisfaction of seeing their character level up, why can't we see this idea in game?

Pvmers already have the ability to prestige their kill counts after 60k on may slayer creatures and bosses. When a player has maxed out a skill at 200 mill xp (or even hit level 99 or 120), why can't we have the ability to begin to level up our pet? Personally, I would rather see it put in place after 200 mill is hit, however, I know for many players this is not a goal, so having the ability to siphon xp at levels 99 and 120 could also be looked at, as long as once the pet reaches the same xp as the player, it can no longer receive any more. So, if a player is 99, the pet can be grown to level 99, but cannot begin going for 120 until the player has reached that goal first.

Once the pet hits one of the 3 target levels (99 or 120, or a total level of 200 mill), they have a growth spurt, similar to what legendary pets have. This would be a great addition and add longevity to the game for players who really love certain skills and want to continue on past 200 mill, without affecting the high scores board, and thus satisfy the majority of players all round.
It gives a sense of satisfaction to those who like to see level ups and doesn't affect anything else in the game, since it is simply a cosmetic reward the player receives. It should not be part of either a comp or trimmed comp requirement, since it is purely cosmetic, which should satisfy that end of the player-base who have their capes but hate to chase new goals to keep it. Perhaps adding a small buff of a 5% chance of gaining extra resources or a chance to save resources could be looked at, but not a deal breaker. The small buff would be nice, but the main focus should be purely on the ability to gain xp beyond 200 mill.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and if you hate it, why you think it would be bad for the game.

Thanks for reading!
Pyrn

Image Image
Image Image

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 7th, 2017, 6:18 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: Update to Skilling Pets and Skilling XP
PostPosted: February 7th, 2017, 6:34 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
I love this!

Now post it here - Quick find code: 16-17-989-65867860 ;)