Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Zamorakian Weddings
PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 7:37 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: paidsaint
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: who needs one?
So we know from the Zamorakian Book of Chaos that they do have wedding rituals, but what would that even look like? How do Zamorakians propose to each other?

Quote:
May your union not be harmonious, but may your conflicts make you stronger, in Zamorak's name, now two are one.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 7:37 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Zamorakian Weddings
PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 2:48 pm 
Runite Member

Please I need ideas.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 7:53 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
Despite the teachings of the Jedi. Love itself won't lead you down the path of dark.
Jealously , Envy and Anger will only take you so far.

I don't believe opposites attract, that seems like shoddy till death do us part.
Common interests and beliefs will though.

I am not a in the know of RS lore but this applies to Zamorakian's. Why wouldn't it?
Not what I follow .

What is morality? , we each define it differently.
Find a partner who answers the same way as you do.
That's love.

What is the question?

Feed off each others inners to make the bond as one. Which ever life path you follow.
Sharing ideals.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2017, 9:20 am 
Runite Member

Sunset Fish wrote:
Despite the teachings of the Jedi. Love itself won't lead you down the path of dark.
Jealously , Envy and Anger will only take you so far.

I don't believe opposites attract, that seems like shoddy till death do us part.
Common interests and beliefs will though.

I am not a in the know of RS lore but this applies to Zamorakian's. Why wouldn't it?
Not what I follow .

What is morality? , we each define it differently.
Find a partner who answers the same way as you do.
That's love.

What is the question?

Feed off each others inners to make the bond as one. Which ever life path you follow.
Sharing ideals.

I wasn't asking about the philosophy. I was asking ONLY about what a Zamorakian wedding ceremony might look like. What would the bride wear, do they have rings, etc.?

PostPosted: January 19th, 2017, 10:00 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Being someone of a less chaotic nature, I've never had a chance to see any Zamorakian weddings. Mostly that I haven't been invited, and that they've done a really good job keeping them secret from me after the last time I accidentally wandered into an underground chapel. I've learned to hold in my reaction lightnings since then, but I don't think anyone's going to forget a three day fire. Even if Zamorak himself called it "strangely entertaining".

Dex had been to a few, though. I'll let him describe what he saw.

Yeah, all right.

To start, they're special-invite only. You can only be invited by somebody you've known for at least six months who has already received an invitation.

You can tell you're invited when a friend of yours draw a thin blade along your left side as they pass by you on the street, then touches the blade to the back of their right hand. The Guards never caught onto this system because it looked like either an accident or a failed mugging (usually only does 1-2 damage). From there, the wedding itself is whichever rib the cut is above, starting from 1 and ending at 7, in months. Usually the one-month ones are the easiest to aim for, so many wedding invites go out then.

Everybody is required to bring two weapons, which are checked for but not checked at the door. What's not allowed is armor, shields, or anything like that. Silk, cloth, or leather were the three allowed materials for clothing, and they had to be in a shade of red, black, or grey. Otherwise, you could wear pretty much anything you wanted.

The concession isn't that different from normal weddings. People bring in gifts, greet the bride and groom, who stand at opposite ends of the main room with the altar between them. Unlike regular weddings, though, there are no pews. It's a large room with a stone floor covered in a cheap, usually brand new carpeting (in case anything "happens"). Everybody stands.

Once the ceremony begins, the bride and groom are allowed to approach the altar, and the priest enters. He is the only one allowed armor, and more than often it's needed. There is a rule that should anyone object to the marriage, they must attempt to slay the priest to stop it, so it's the priest's responsibility to make it difficult.

Once the bride and groom are at the altar under the guidance of the priest, that's when things get... interesting. Everybody is granted an immunity to the punishments of the laws and Gods, and are given three minutes to just... wander around. Whatever acts they commit will not be punished.

You'd think that would've been an invitation to a bloodbath, as sworn enemies cuss and stab at each other and invite more conflict, but it's almost a beautiful sight to behold. There are no words exchanged. People wander among their number, telling entire stories with their eyes alone. Out of three Zamorakian weddings, I think I have only ever seen one stabbing, and they didn't even die from it.

That's the beautiful thing about chaos. You think it is archaic and insanity, inviting death and destruction in without reason. But like anything else, once a balance is met and everybody's on the same boat, it is nothing but another lifestyle. A means of showing others respect, despite past conflicts. If somebody doesn't kill another person that they hate, then that shows forgiveness and they leave the past behind.

After the time passes, the priest, after ample warning, calls off the immunity, everybody stands still wherever they end up, and the rites begin. They are more or less the same as normal rights, except there are a lot more metaphors about the human anatomy and the history of Infernus and Freneskae.

Once the rites end, the priest asks confirmation that the bride and groom indeed wish to unite together and bring forth chaos in fashionable order. The female answers first, then the male, and then the female answers once more. I'll let you think about why that one is.

Now, unlike the guests, the bride and groom are to bring only one weapon each. This way, once they are united together, they will have two weapons like everybody else, which is sort of where the rite comes from.

The bride and groom then thrust their blades right at each other's faces with intent to kill, and if the blades deflect each other enough to avoid killing them, then they are good enough for each other and are permitted to kiss. If not... well, then the ceremony ends, the reception starts early, and a new carpet is brought in. Haven't seen that happen yet, though; the bride and groom usually practice in secret if they really love each other.

Once that's done, there is a reception banquet. Lots of wine, red meat, and plenty of spiced food. Really nothing noteworthy about the banquet, though, except everybody uses their weapons to skewer and eat the food. It's to show that they at least have the respect of others to not bring a poisoned weapon.

Then, as the night ends, everybody just silently disappears into the darkness as though nothing ever happened, and the event is never mentioned again.

Good cake, though.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2017, 6:55 pm 
Runite Member

Very well written, Alex43! Thank you!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 19th, 2017, 6:55 pm 
Runite Member