Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Invention's Impact?
PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 8:30 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
I haven't been logged in or keeping up to date with the going on with Runescape for the past 200 days.
As invention was being worked on for release I didn't understand it then and I understand it even less now.

Since I haven't played RS I haven't been listening to the podcast (sorry) and surely you went over in detail.

I'm just looking for a summary of what invention is and more importantly to me is the impact it has had. (the economy...?)
The good and bad. *opinion base I know*

If I needed help with something in the past I'd turn to other fan sites but couldn't find anything on them so I'm asking RSBandB.

This will determine if I'm going to get back into Runescape or not.

Thanks

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 8:30 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Invention's Impact?
PostPosted: March 29th, 2016, 9:32 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
It makes you break stuff apart to gain materials. Sort of the idea of removing items out of the game, without having people high alch for money. You lose money for a while and getting a lot of materials will get very expensive. The most expensive the item that you break, the better materials you will get.

Can be good because with perks it will powerup your weapons and armor. I haven't figured that part out yet for myself.
Good luck.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 1:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Basically, you break down items (almost every item in the game is disassem-able (yes that's a made up word (deal with it 8))), get parts from disassembling, use said parts to create and build items, level up, discover and unlock new plans, keep leveling, and eventually unlock some pretty cool upgrades and items.

Huge item sink which I guess is a good thing. Means a lot of items that didn't have a use or were cluttering up the GE before are now getting removed creating a more realistic and balanced supply/demand price. Also a money sink since often times it can be cheaper to buy items from stores (holy cow, they have a use again!) rather than off the GE.

You do need to have 80 Divination, Crafting, and Smithing to be able to start training Invention as it's an "elite" skill. Not all that difficult once you get the basics of it down. There's a nice little tutorial in game to help you get started and guides online to help as well.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 6th, 2016, 10:01 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
I like it because it gives you a fairly rewarding alternative to dropping useless items during other training.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2016, 10:57 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
lol, i find myself breaking apart the good stuff because i need the materials.

I'm going to spend so much money just buying swords to break apart :/