Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Frustration.....
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 4:50 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
Ok, this is just a post for me to rant, so don't take offense, Legacy lovers. But as a player who has adopted EoC after my inital doubts about it, I have gotten quickly used to it and it is far and away my preferred. Personally, I don't care if they have Legacy, or anything else from the older era of the game, as long as they keep their promise that as an EoC player, my gaming pleasure will not be affected. However, two things immediately came to my attention. Firstly, I had been doing dominion tower to complete it so I could finish of my Elite Desert tasks. Doing the bosses on climber mode is the best way to gain DF, so thats what i was doing. One of the easiest bosses is Sigmund. You simply pick up the mace, hit him with stun ability so his prayer goes away and hit 2-3 times and move on. So, after 3 or 4 days down there few hours a day, I got pretty used to what to do. Then, they put up the Legacy update. I again headed to the tower and got Sigmund. Picked up the mace, hit the stun ability and... nothing. Hmmm, must have missed for the first time. No matter, I would no doubt get him when it recharged.... hit him again... and again, nothing. So, i had to stand there and let him kill me, losing a large chunk of the DF I had built up. Looked on the forums, read the wiki and couldn't work out what was wrong. Then, the next day I notice a new constitution ability called Healing Blade. Reading up on it, it is the Special Attack from legacy just renamed. OK, so I head into dominion tower and when I reach Sigmund, I discover it is a threshold ability and I have to build up adrenalin before I can use the mace on him and kill him. So, if Legacy was not supposed to affect my play in any way, why does it take 3 times longer to kill a simple boss in the Tower using Eoc than previously.... and why is Legacy mode so much quicker?? I did test it and legacy took 7 seconds as opposed to 23 seconds with EoC.
My second frustration is that my SGS is no longer any good for slayer. Before, I would suit up in Bandos, wield the SGS and with Revolution going, I could slay long tasks like abby demons and the like while watching youtube or a favourite tv series comfortably. The passive effect the SGS has... or HAD, i should say... would keep my health up and I wouldn't need to worry about it. Now, I have to build up adrenalin, watch for when I get low and click the Healing Blade. Sorry, but I already have sacrifice for this. I don't need the game I am enjoying rolled back to suit people who want to play an older style. Why should those of us who adopted the new combat system and have adapted our play to it, now need to suffer and have our enjoyment lessened? I understand some players wanted legacy, and I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with, is that it always seems to be those players that adapt and move forward with progress that seem to get screwed over every time. I do not want legacy players to lose their enjoyment from having the things they want, but why should my game be changed to suit it, when Jagex said it would not be negatively affected?
It is just so annoying that the players who scream the loudest always seem to get their way... maybe if I stamp my feet and throw a tantrum, the game will continue to move forward and develop new ideas, rather than running back to dig up old code and re-write it to try and attract those that deserted the game years ago.
Anyway, that's my say.... feel free to disagree and call me an idiot, but that is how how feel :)

Happy Runescaping all

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 4:50 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: My Frustration.....
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 11:17 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Well...maybe not for exactly the same reason (Dominion Tower) but the general sense of what you say is exactly how I feel. I'm really tired of adapting to changes - I didn't initially like EoC but adapted and since revolution came out find it works well for me. I'm also getting tired of those who don't play and spend all their time on the forums crying over spilt milk and above all JAGEX not realising they need to attract new players with a more dynamic and clearer well developed game. Those who left the game are gone and nothing that's done will ever really please them, bring them back in big numbers, or make the game better.

Really, I couldn't imagine how I'd try to introduce someone new to the game after Legacy has come along. Urgh, you could play it this way, that way, a combination of both now and again, but no way I can gaurantee either will be the same in a weeks time... Not a very good introduction is it...

Well, my rant over...

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2014, 5:59 pm 
Iron Member

blethorskite wrote:
Those who left the game are gone and nothing that's done will ever really please them, bring them back in big numbers, or make the game better.

Speaking from the perspective of just one of those people: that's true. They've not done one thing that would want me to play again since I've lost complete interest (besides Prifddinas, but that's an actual update). I actually see all these different modes and flip-flopping stuff as humorous. As an outsider, I have no idea what they're doing, and I'm glad I'm not a part of it. If any of it was to appeal to people who have left, I feel like they're really targeting the wrong audience.

But I have to be part of a group that's a lost cause to them anyways. I stopped before SOF, or whatever it's called now, and although it isn't the reason why I stopped, the trend of those updates made it difficult to ever come back. I suppose all those kind of things are just accepted now, so they really should be rewarding those who stuck with them. Especially through all this craziness.

I really don't know how how Legacy or EoC works so maybe this will be inaccurate... But someone was telling me about how you can set it up so that it automatically cycles through all your abilities for you, or something? If it's as easy as that sounds, and even if it isn't, it seems that Legacy would be completely pointless.
Either way, there was no way they could have two different modes and have them be balanced. I don't understand why they would lie and say they would. Sure, they'd try their best, but one is always going to be better in each scenario. It seems obvious to me, so either it is or I'm missing something.

Anyway, as an outsider, everything that has been happening has just pushed me further away. And I have a feeling that if I was a player, or a newcomer, I would be pushed away even more so. I just don't know what they're doing. And maybe they don't either.

Image as of may 5 2015 6:55:35 pm EDT / 10:55:35 GMT
achieved in: 396 days 9 hours 11 minutes 24 sceonds

PostPosted: July 24th, 2014, 8:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
I was wondering about threshold with the special attack bar. I always figured jagex may be doing something else but guess not.

I was wondering how it would work when there are some special abilities needed to be used first on certain bosses but i see jagex never bothered to address it.

I think we're just forced to try both out. we know that for regular monsters there are no significant difference between killing something in legacy or EOC. while certain monsters benefit from EOC (stuns on the aruit).

some creatures you just have no choice but to use legacy to use the special attack right in the beginning such as fighting the pest queen with korsai's sword.

Hopefully jagex will find a way around.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2014, 8:09 am 
Chat Moderator

Yeah, I am just thankful I have completed Dominion Tower. Won't need to go back there and switch combat types anymore... I'll just stick to the creatures best suited to EoC :)

PostPosted: July 25th, 2014, 6:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i need to do dominion tower... i never got around to finishing it with the freaking pest queen not working right.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 25th, 2014, 6:39 pm 

PostPosted: July 25th, 2014, 9:59 pm 
Chat Moderator

Good luck with that Trekkie... perhaps with legacy, she will be easier. The Korasi special will hit properly with fingers crossed