Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Do you think Runescape will become a side project for Jagex?
Yes 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Yes 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Total votes: 20
 Post subject: Is Runescape a side project?
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 9:39 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Punisher1288
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Cookie Armada
With Transformers Universe Beta set to launch tomorrow, July 5th. Do you think Runescape is a more of a side project for Jagex as it is already an established game? First let me say that I am beyond pumped for Transformers Universe, once I learned that Jagex was developing the game. The top tier buy in for a player is $400, the next level below that is $119. With Transformers being a vastly recognized brand with the new movies, I mean what kid or adult does not know about Transformers? This could be a huge profitable game for Jagex, it's been in the works for a while now which leads me to believe that hopefully it will be a worthwhile game.

With that being said, do you think Runescape is becoming a side project with Jagex? Sure it makes money for them, but the brand of Transformers is much greater than a fantasy game like Runescape. Below is a link to the game, check out and let me know what you think about the future of Runescape and Jagex.

https://www.transformersuniverse.com

*Member #514*
*Rsbandb Donor*

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 9:39 pm 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Is Runescape a side project?
PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 6:35 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Imperialias
Jagex is what it is because of Runescape. I looked through some videos and screenshots of the Transformers game and it doesn't look appealing at all to me, and this is the first time I've even heard of the game to be honest.

I think the transformers game will be their side project.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2014, 7:52 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
I think that We can see a scenario similar to standard wizard of the Coast business strategies. For those of you who do not know, WotC is a gaming company that makes Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the Gathering. It would be very common for them to drop an older game in order to put more resources into their more popular brands.

As transformers universe comes around the corner I could see more development being put into this game over RuneScape, but regardless, one will give out over the other.

On a side note, I thought it was funny that watching some videos on it I was already hearing talk of bonus exp weekends.... Sounds like they are ready to mess up a game that is not even out yet.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 7:16 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
No, i dont see rs as a side project. If it was, then we wouldn't see runefest and the others.

I'll give transformers a try, see how it goes.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:54 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: JessePinkman
Clan Name: The Cafe
Runescape's still gonna be their main source of income so no, I don't think it will become a side project. The Transformers game is much more likely to be the side project, although it will probably still be a pretty significant focus for them.

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

653rd to 120 Divination
550th to 200m Divination