Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fastest way to Herblore without huge cost?
PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 1:53 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
Looking on the monthly skills on the Highscores a couple of players have over 100mil xp so far this month. I've been trying to figure out how you can get this amount of xp but am stumped. I would have thought it must be extremes but as you can't sell them - the cost would be? Well the maths for this isn't a figure I can contemplate in my head. But even with extremes it doesn't seem possible, even though it clearly is. Am I missing something?

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 1:53 am 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Fastest way to Herblore without huge cost?
PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 12:27 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Extremes are the highest amount of experience you can get, speed only overtaken by buying the half finished potions or main potion that extremes require. Overall if someone goes for 99 or beyond with extremes they'll have potions for life. As it is right now it's very hard to make money with herblore unless you gather your own secondary ingredients; herbs as well in some cases. I'd be willing to be that most people who rank highly on that highscores table just have a lot of money to throw around.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 5:13 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
It was the using the unfinished potions I hadn't really thought about. But the cost to get 100 mil xp - the mind boggles. not somethng I'll ever imagine being able to fund.

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 7:39 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
Before doing ANY massive training of herblore, grab the 2 herblore scrolls from dungoneering.

They give you the ability to save a herb or a secondary. saves a lot of money and some more profit later on.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 11:32 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
trekkie wrote:
Before doing ANY massive training of herblore, grab the 2 herblore scrolls from dungoneering.

They give you the ability to save a herb or a secondary. saves a lot of money and some more profit later on.

Definitely this. Even if you don't like Dungeoneering, this is worth the trouble.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 4:16 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I relied quite heavily on the Miscellania Kingdom coffers for most of my herbs. Making whatever I could with all the herbs that I received. Sure a lot of them were lower level pots, but by collecting the secondaries myself, as well as a bit of supplementing through purchase off the G.E., it all added up over time. Definitely don't sell lower level pots on the G.E. if you can 'upgrade' them to supers and then to extremes. Nothing wrong with having a lifetime supply of extremes or overloads. It's all money in the bank.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 4:16 pm 
Chat Moderator

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 4:38 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
Clan Name: Tmoa
Well, Zarfot made what, 60k overloads? There are lots of players who have several bils to put in every buyable, people who got a bunch of phats back in the ancient times, people who have abused things such as dicing, or people who are just excellent at flipping. I'm pretty sure most who do 200m herblore aren't very concerned about the cost, they just want the 1m xp/hour.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 7:51 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Remember, collect your noted potato cactus each day, collect from your kingdom, do herb runs, and as much as possible, collect your own secondaries. It is slower progress, but a lot more fun and the sense of achievement doing it this way, is far greater than just buying it. You would be amazed at how quickly the herbs you grow accumulate. Growing things like snapdragons, toadflax and avantoe can then be sold on the G.E. and the money put into the herbs you want if you are making extremes. Also remember, torstols are way down now and overloads will always be handy for the future. You'll be surprised how quickly the xp starts to add up when you do it this way.... good luck :)

PostPosted: June 10th, 2014, 9:08 am 
Black Member

RS Name: Col ton
Clan Name: Surreal
Right now, GE prices would indicate that making Prayer Renewals are fairly fast xp and still only cost about 18 gp/xp, which is still pretty salty. Alternatively, Super Magics are selling for WAY over GE med (I bought mine for nearly 15k a pop to get 99 last week) and even then, they're just slightly less xp and 21 gp/xp when compared to renewals.

Lastly, you could go old school and make Super Attacks for roughly 17 gp/xp with quite a bit slower xp. Throughout the entire summer with the Enlightenment Aura shooting prices of buyables up constantly, all Super Potions are pretty good to make because they sell for so high above med... People need to make their extremes and overloads, dontchaknow :P