Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: My view on the Solomon's Store.
PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
I love it. I love the store. I love the idea. I don't know why everyone is flipping their **** about it.

Why? Why are you so angry Runescape player base? Because of the more bank space purchase? That doesn't give any play any sort of "advantage". All it does is give the player who is willing to pay, a bit more convenience. Nothing more than that.

The rest of the store is brilliant. Have you see that woodcutting animation?! Awesome. If I still played I would have bought that already. The "Revolutionary Mask" is brilliant. Amazing idea. All the rest of the cosmetic items look awesome. And they do all of this without being *too* overpriced and without giving the player purchasing them an advantage.

The store is an amazing idea to make of from the money lost killing the bots and the money that will be lost killing the bots coming up. (Remember, it also takes a lot of money and a lot of time to re-code the game into HTML-5)

My rating on the store 4.5/5.

The only thing they could make it better is to add more items.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: My view on the Solomon's Store.
PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 8:27 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I completely agree!
After all, who doesn't want to mine like this?

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 8:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I agree, making you pay extra for things that used to come with weekly content covered by the lower subscription fee is brilliant. It's too bad that they didn't think of it back then though before there were bots, otherwise they would have turned a huge profit on it which they would then reinvest it all into the game. If only they did they would have been able to revamp the entire game or go through a complete graphics overhaul etc. Too bad things like that were not possible until now with the extra revenue.
But I guess it only makes sense that if you charge real world money for all the items you introduce into the game now that you should also charge for the bank space to store them.
The added bank space doesn't give you any extra advantage in the same way that selling the ability to take a rune rock spawn and move it outside of a bank adds no advantage - only convenience. Convenience is advantage.

If they ever release an update where they add items into the game that you don't have to pay for again, they will never have any obligation to increase bank space. Oh we have lots of items in the game and your banks are full because we last set the limit years ago? Well it's not our problem that you haven't visited Solomon.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 7:35 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
I'm with Warren. Charging you for content that a year back would of been added for free (or at least covered by your membership fees) and then using the utterely ******* excuse of "well we're banning cheaters so you have to pay more" to trick people into thinking it's ok is a great thing.

Can't think of any other game in the world that charges it's innocent, rule abiding players for the luxury of having there game policed and actually banning cheaters. Most games do it for free with the understanding that if they keep a cheat free game they'll keep there customers happy.

In fact Jagex has banned cheats for years for free. When the games playerbase was much smaller they banned thousands at once. That was a lot of money for them to lose at the time but i didn't catch the Gowers crying over it in posts to the community. They upgraded RSC to RS2 with no membership rise. All this ******* about needing the extra revenue is just that - *******.

They've got shareholders to please that's all this is. Lets not pretend otherwise it's rather irritating.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2012, 2:17 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: ultimasayan
Its not a bad idea, but if they made this slightly earlier like before 2010 i think people might have just supported it...

i personally dont mind it, doesnt affect me if people spend to buy different looking cloths.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 6:14 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
I bought 50 extra bank slots, even though I had told myself I would never pay for anything extra in the game. I don't see it as any advantage. As for the slots they set levels at "years ago", have you forgotten the extra slots added toward the end of last year? And didn't they give us extra earlier this year for validating our email accounts? Short-term memories, people... or perhaps some just like to dwellon the negatives and forget the positives?? Anyway, I am still happy with the game I enjoy playing. If the company wants to earn extra revenue through people buying cosmetic items, and the consumer is willing to pay for it, then who are we to judge? After all, they are a company, not a charity. Their purpose is to make money for the shareholders, who in turn invest in the company to ensure regular content updates for us. Let them run their business and let us enjoy it... If you don't agree with it, just don't spend the extra money, its pretty simple.

Happy Runescaping to all
Pyrn

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 6:14 am 
Chat Moderator