Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2007, 7:00 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: bhh2000
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: rsbandb!
It is going to be very good or bad for merchant's and I think good for most of runescape! :)

adamanite member as of 2/12/08 10:51am!!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 20th, 2007, 7:00 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 20th, 2007, 7:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Status: Classic
merlin6and17 wrote:

What an alarmist attitude. Yes, prices will truely reflect a "global" price list. So what? It will even out, and wont change dramatically from what one can find now, word to world.

Prove me wrong. :wink:

Everything on this topic is speculation, you know that as well as I. We will have to wait and see how the update goes.

On the topic of rares still being rares, remember that currency is simply a means by which we compare two items. For example a party hat is worth 200,000,000 more gp than a wooden shield. But it may be only worth 175,000,000 more than a santa hat.

In terms of Rares if prices fluctuate wildly on smaller items, it will be more likely that prices go up on rares this is because due to the lack of mass trading going on with rares, the rares prices are more stable, in theory. The equivalent to this IRL is precious metals, which are often used in hard times as a safe haven. Note that gold, platinum, and silver have much more stable prices, in a single day, than the market. The same is true of rares in Runescape.

In this way it is much more likely that rares, assuming a large fluctuation will become more valuable amongst those who want to protect their money. Still their prices will rise and fall much more slowly then the rest of the market.

It is important to note...that most people cannot afford rares and thus they have a much smaller influence on the market and are less influenced by the market than common items like yews, coal, and lobbies. Still even a small price change in yews, coal, or lobbies, can severely affect the market, causing players to reinvest their money, or buy other items (willows, silver, gold, fish, or swordies). Much like the Dow Jones irl, these "ticket items" can be used to see the overall trends of the market, they are thus indicators of how the market is doing. It is possible to get a market where these items become so cheap that the inflation in the prices of resources causes getting skills up to become ridiculously easy, and thus much of the motivation for playing, being better than someone else, is removed.

Post subject: yes...
PostPosted: December 6th, 2007, 5:20 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: simon9991
Clan Name: pcn
i think it is a economy crash.... for now ... herblore as already being changed and lot of herber hated the grimy thing ... and now that the grand exchange... so nobody buy pot to fally and pot r not sellable to Grand exchange... ive tryed it till 86 herby and it costed me a lot and .. took really long to sell every pots...

Its a BIG economy Crash for herblore probly more skill

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2007, 6:39 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: lKiwi
RS Status: Classic
no, boosted and balanced in my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 9:48 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: specter98
Clan Name: Ex-Anarchist
from what ive seen the prices have gone to hell on most of the main smaller items and its a pain to see how low these items are going, i mean rune boots used to be a way to amke a stabel profit in rs and now its barly worth a rune scimi...but i think over time they will get lower and lower, the sellers are selling for max, the buyers for lowest, it just depends mainly on who gives in first

(ex, bought torags yesterday, i put the buying price 50k under max and i still couldnt buy, so i put it 20k under mx, still nothing, i put it at max and instantly i buy it

so stupid...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 1:56 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: merlin6and17
No crash? Say it isn't so :wink:

There are now 2 separate and distinct markets. The GE has turned into a gigantic bank vault clearance house where players are willing to sell items for much less now than what they would have sold for 2 weeks ago just to clear out "junk" in the bank.

The other market is still out there in the forums and at the street corners in the usual areas. The "underground" market that exists outside of GE will continue to exist while prices within the GE sink to ridiculous levels, but the GE prices will only continue that way until the majority of "bank space cleaners" have sold all there "excess".

As I stated before, there has been no crash and will not be one. The GE has made a serious adjustment of many items that were generally overpriced to begin with.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 1:56 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 9:21 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: specter98
Clan Name: Ex-Anarchist
merlin6and17 wrote:
items that were generally overpriced to begin with.

they killed my rune boots...jerks...now i have no way of getting cash O.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2007, 7:35 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Skate_Ilkley
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Miaow miaow >^-^<
Unfortunately I had items that all went down in price when the update came out. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 8th, 2007, 7:46 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: red spear1
Well, it brings an end to the pure market economy for a start (a market with no governing body).

However, I think the main effect of the Grand Exchange will be the fact that Jagex can set prices of new items. Would Godswords be so much if Grand Exchange was around first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 5:24 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Doc Bender
Clan Name: KSA
Ok i cant be bothered to read all the post atm so ill jsut write back to the first one.
At the start the ecomy did crash completly. 'Shops' on the forums didnt get any orders and people in banks didnt have anything worth selling. It became very hard to sell good items as people could get them nearly instantly in the GE.
Now its been a few weeks things are turning back to normal, shops are getting orders, you can see people selling stuff again and even the prices are returning back to normal. And like you predicted all these stupid typing autoers have stop (Well alot of them).
One problem were gunna face. When the new skill summoning comes out the GE will take over again as people will want to get items to lvl it really fast. Prices will rise cause of this.
Then it will just keep raising and droping like this for a bit until it all equals out.